LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
No I disagree. He would be active and the coaching staff would be modfying the game plan to give him a shot on the field if they felt he was healthy. I think he will probably be 100% sometime this year or he will be put on ps or ir.I bet he gets smarter around thanksgiving.

He was pronounced 100% healthy back in July and August. He doesn't have ebola, for Pete's sakes. He has long since recovered. He's not injured, just educationally-challenged. Can't learn the defense, can't get on the field, can't play special teams. "He can get there better than most". LOL. Is he another Reggie McGrew? We'll find out. I don't expect to see him on the field this season unless someone is injured and even then it's highly questionable.
[ Edited by kezarvet49 on Nov 1, 2014 at 10:15 AM ]
No I disagree. He would be active and the coaching staff would be modfying the game plan to give him a shot on the field if they felt he was healthy. I think he will probably be 100% sometime this year or he will be put on ps or ir.I bet he gets smarter around thanksgiving.

Fangio doesn't like young players who are erratic. He played Reid because he was ready. That tells me that Carradine is not ready for whatever reason. Could be injury or just not grasping the mental part of the game. Would you really like to tip the offense..."We are putting this guy in to pass rush now...so running would be the best idea!"?

Whatever the reason, it seems inappropriate to bash the guy before he plays a down. Also seems silly to bash a coaching staff that has proven itself year in and year out.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Fangio doesn't like young players who are erratic. He played Reid because he was ready. That tells me that Carradine is not ready for whatever reason. Could be injury or just not grasping the mental part of the game. Would you really like to tip the offense..."We are putting this guy in to pass rush now...so running would be the best idea!"?

Whatever the reason, it seems inappropriate to bash the guy before he plays a down. Also seems silly to bash a coaching staff that has proven itself year in and year out.

By bash you mean offer reasonable criticism? Maybe we're too inflexible, too system oriented, to take advantage of the quirks and particularities of individual athletes. Is that bashing?
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
He was pronounced 100% healthy back in July and August. He doesn't have ebola, for Pete's sakes. He has long since recovered. He's not injured, just educationally-challenged. Can't learn the defense, can't get on the field, can't play special teams. "He can get there better than most". LOL. Is he another Reggie McGrew? We'll find out. I don't expect to see him on the field this season unless someone is injured and even then it's highly questionable.

Yea I said it. Get there better than most. He looked good to me in preseason vs preseason competition in getting to the QB but you have to do a lot of things well to play on this team. That was the assessment of most scouts and why he was selected second round. Who knows what he will be here but my guess is the guy ain't up to snuff on enough stuff to see the field. I think he can pressure the QB but he needs to progress in other areas.
By bash you mean offer reasonable criticism? Maybe we're too inflexible, too system oriented, to take advantage of the quirks and particularities of individual athletes. Is that bashing?

Not sure how you mean by "reasonble criticism." The guy hasn't played, we don't know why, so what do you criticise? I'm not saying you shouldn't question, it's the folks who are calling this guy a bust that bother me. Suggesting he should be played seems overly presumptive given this teams success with defense. They seem to know what they are doing.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Not sure how you mean by "reasonble criticism." The guy hasn't played, we don't know why, so what do you criticise? I'm not saying you shouldn't question, it's the folks who are calling this guy a bust that bother me. Suggesting he should be played seems overly presumptive given this teams success with defense. They seem to know what they are doing.

He's not a bust. He hasn't been given a chance to be a bust.

If he were so crappy the coaching staff would have unloaded him by now.

I still say there is much more to this than the BS story of him not knowing the playbook.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I still say there is much more to this than the BS story of him not knowing the playbook.
He looked less than ideal when teams ran at him. Is this knowledge or lack of leveraging and technique in a relatively new position for him?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

He looked less than ideal when teams ran at him. Is this knowledge or lack of leveraging and technique in a relatively new position for him?

Yes!
I am sure if you asked Harbaugh he would tell you something similar to AJ Jenkins story.
Inactive once again..... what a POS pick. :(

2013 draft is starting to look very weak for us. 2012 was a complete bust hope all of 2014 pans out.
Tank unleashed baby #49ers inactives: QB Johnson, WR Patton, CB McFadden, S McCray, LB Skuta, LB Willis and G/C Farrell.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Tank unleashed baby #49ers inactives: QB Johnson, WR Patton, CB McFadden, S McCray, LB Skuta, LB Willis and G/C Farrell.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone