LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Vic you telling me this monster can't get to the QB??? This was in 2013 when he had a bum knee

There is wayyyy to much raw talent for him not to be getting reps...I get the fact that he doesn't play ST, but it's not like TJE and Dobbs are really getting any pressure on the QB, I'm hoping they make some moves after the bye.

TJE and Dobbs also play multiple positions on the DLine as well as Special Teams. Just being a pass rusher and possibly only knowing the assignments for J.Smiths position is not going to get you on the field with this team.

I get ya, but what is the reasoning for having both active then? I'll take a player who might actually have pass rushing ability over two avg players.

We know what we have in Dobbs and TJE why not see what we have with Tank? Judging from preseason it looked like he knew how to get to the QB....
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

Vic you telling me this monster can't get to the QB??? This was in 2013 when he had a bum knee

There is wayyyy to much raw talent for him not to be getting reps...I get the fact that he doesn't play ST, but it's not like TJE and Dobbs are really getting any pressure on the QB, I'm hoping they make some moves after the bye.

TJE and Dobbs also play multiple positions on the DLine as well as Special Teams. Just being a pass rusher and possibly only knowing the assignments for J.Smiths position is not going to get you on the field with this team.

I get ya, but what is the reasoning for having both active then? I'll take a player who might actually have pass rushing ability over two avg players.

We know what we have in Dobbs and TJE why not see what we have with Tank? Judging from preseason it looked like he knew how to get to the QB....

Secret weapon guys...secret weapon...
Originally posted by Antix:

LOL well if you were going to use a "secret weapon" you'd think it would be against Manning, Cutler, or Stanton....all 3 had all day to pass the ball!
  • Antix
  • Veteran

LOL well if you were going to use a "secret weapon" you'd think it would be against Manning, Cutler, or Stanton....all 3 had all day to pass the ball!

Playoff secret weapon

Playoff secret weapon

HA well I think we have to worry about actually making it there first!
  • Antix
  • Veteran

Playoff secret weapon

Playoff stretch run secret weapon.

Man you killin my positivity lol
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
the entire organization will now have to be consistent w/this dumbass rule they have about a player not allowing to play regardless of what round he's taken because he's not also able to help out on special team..

if he's as good as jerry rice, or even justin smith, he must not be allow to dress up because there are other players on the team that is able to assist and be used in special team..

HARBAUGH AND THE ORGANIZATION ONCE SAID THAT "THE BEST 45 PLAYERS WILL PLAY"...

now you gotta admit and accept the fact that "Clueless Tank" is ONLY the best 46th player they have..
Originally posted by 9moon:
the entire organization will now have to be consistent w/this dumbass rule they have about a player not allowing to play regardless of what round he's taken because he's not also able to help out on special team..

if he's as good as jerry rice, or even justin smith, he must not be allow to dress up because there are other players on the team that is able to assist and be used in special team..

HARBAUGH AND THE ORGANIZATION ONCE SAID THAT "THE BEST 45 PLAYERS WILL PLAY"...

now you gotta admit and accept the fact that "Clueless Tank" is ONLY the best 46th player they have..

46 are active for games.
Has anyone taken into account that this guy is not only coming off major injury....but he is learning a completely new set of responsibilities. Time on the sidelines means s**t when you cant practice it on the field and see it with your own eyes. Give the guy time to get back in the thick of things.

Damn you guys are impatient...makes no sense. Everybody wont be a damn all pro or play like one.

Playoff secret weapon

Playoff stretch run secret weapon.

Man you killin my positivity lol

secret weapon for 2016

Well he had the most snaps of any defensive player in pre-season and played against the starters (granted pre-season)...honestly he looked fine in passing downs and got pressure. It's more about Tank knowing his assignments on running plays that's the issue. I guess it comes down to who can overall play the position better, not just rush the passer. Dobbs and TJE, I guess understand the scheme better and play special teams.

As we have seen in the past Vic doesn't usually play the rookies and favors the vets...I think SF is great at evaluating talent ex: Lynch, Brock, Boone and Miller all come to mind as late or UDFA that TB grabbed.

Also maybe Tank isn't 100% healthy? To me that has to be the main issue because we are so depleted on defense you'd think if there was a time to activate him now would be the time. I wish they would have never activated him last year because that counts as a year towards his rookie contract...

How about Dial too??? Where has this guy been? He was a strait monster in the pre-season, why is he not on the field??

Somehow he is healthy enough to play against first and second string players in the preseason, and he was able to understand the playbook well enough to not cause any cataclysmic events on defense. Yet somehow everything has changed in the regular season.

Maybe their is a different playbook for the regular season and the preseason; but I call b******t.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Somehow he is healthy enough to play against first and second string players in the preseason, and he was able to understand the playbook well enough to not cause any cataclysmic events on defense. Yet somehow everything has changed in the regular season.

Maybe their is a different playbook for the regular season and the preseason; but I call b******t.

What do you think is going on with Carradine and why he is not being activated?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Well he had the most snaps of any defensive player in pre-season and played against the starters (granted pre-season)...honestly he looked fine in passing downs and got pressure. It's more about Tank knowing his assignments on running plays that's the issue. I guess it comes down to who can overall play the position better, not just rush the passer. Dobbs and TJE, I guess understand the scheme better and play special teams.

As we have seen in the past Vic doesn't usually play the rookies and favors the vets...I think SF is great at evaluating talent ex: Lynch, Brock, Boone and Miller all come to mind as late or UDFA that TB grabbed.

Also maybe Tank isn't 100% healthy? To me that has to be the main issue because we are so depleted on defense you'd think if there was a time to activate him now would be the time. I wish they would have never activated him last year because that counts as a year towards his rookie contract...

How about Dial too??? Where has this guy been? He was a strait monster in the pre-season, why is he not on the field??

I think all those pre-season snaps were more an indication that the 49ers did not want to put Justin, Ray Mac and Williams out there to much and risk another injured starting player on the defense; so somebody had to suit up and play.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Has anyone taken into account that this guy is not only coming off major injury....but he is learning a completely new set of responsibilities. Time on the sidelines means s**t when you cant practice it on the field and see it with your own eyes. Give the guy time to get back in the thick of things.

Damn you guys are impatient...makes no sense. Everybody wont be a damn all pro or play like one.

Rediculious take. He isn't learning a "completely new set of responsibilities," he has been at practice for a year and s half.

Tank not earning a spot is greatly disturbing and it's turning out to be another high draft pick busy for Baalke.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I really do not understand why Carradine is not being activated.

Carradine is a defensive end.

I assume that that call is being made by Tomsula, the defensive line coach, or Fangio, the defensive coordinator, maybe both.

Hard to venture a guess without more information, and I just to not see a lot of more available information.

Share 49ersWebzone