There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you trade....

Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Interesting trade proposed by @AdamSchefter: Browns WR Josh Gordon to the 49ers for a second-round pick and WR Jon Baldwin

So is he just guessing, or does he have any sources that this could happen?
Interesting trade proposed by @AdamSchefter: Browns WR Josh Gordon to the 49ers for a second-round pick and WR Jon Baldwin

At first I was against any trade, but if we get him for that I would be for it. We'll have him for this season and two more years, and since we aren't great at drafting WR's in the first place, maybe its not a bad idea.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I want Josh Gordon in SF badly!

Me too. If we don't land Gordon, I hope is because the guy isn't be traded. If some other team lands Gordon, I would be pissed to the max !!

And if they give up their 1st to get him, how will you feel then?

OK, if is a 1st, may be I won't. But, if is a 2nd and a player, I definitely will be massively pissed.

Me too. If we don't land Gordon, I hope is because the guy isn't being traded. If some other team lands Gordon, I would be pissed to the max !!

If he goes to the Colts... TY Hilton + Gordon make a really good combo, fudge and once Reggie Wayne comes back healthy next year.... Ughh Ballkee needs to make this happen just to keep Josh away from Indianapolis!
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:

Me too. If we don't land Gordon, I hope is because the guy isn't being traded. If some other team lands Gordon, I would be pissed to the max !!

If he goes to the Colts... TY Hilton + Gordon make a really good combo, fudge and once Reggie Wayne comes back healthy next year.... Ughh Ballkee needs to make this happen just to keep Josh away from Indianapolis!

I'm pretty sure all Baalke worries about is his own team, and keeping an eye on the NFC and NFC West. Not worried over having Gordon in INDY with Wayne and Hilton.

I am not 100% against a trade, I just dont see how he fits in, if we did get him, it would be nasty, if Crabs and MM come back healthy, imagine playoffs, with Boldin and Crabs starting, rotate MM and Gordon, with Vernon and Vance in at TE. It would be good. But no guarantees we win the super bowl, like everyone says around here. Right now we are #2 in the West, and probably 2nd or 3rd in NFC behind Seattle and New Orleans, luckly we face both soon, so we beat them, we can be considered the best in the NFC again.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I'm pretty sure all Baalke worries about is his own team, and keeping an eye on the NFC and NFC West. Not worried over having Gordon in INDY with Wayne and Hilton.

I am not 100% against a trade, I just dont see how he fits in, if we did get him, it would be nasty, if Crabs and MM come back healthy, imagine playoffs, with Boldin and Crabs starting, rotate MM and Gordon, with Vernon and Vance in at TE. It would be good. But no guarantees we win the super bowl, like everyone says around here. Right now we are #2 in the West, and probably 2nd or 3rd in NFC behind Seattle and New Orleans, luckly we face both soon, so we beat them, we can be considered the best in the NFC again.

Wrong. Been there and done that. We played Seattle with Crab, Mario and Vernon last year and we couldn't get jack going. We played them with Anquan this year and he was completely shut down. Not unless we have at least 1 more legit deep threat like what the Colts did with TY Hilton, we don't stand a chance. The facts are just so blantantly clear in front of our eyes. Why can't we just learn from history instead of kidding ourselves ??

Why won't Gordon fit in ? Is time we tried something different given all previous schemes didn't work. How about we try running 4 WR sets ? How about sending both Vernon and Gordon simultaneously downfield on 2 deep routes with Crab and Anquan taking care of the short to intermediate ?

One other thing, how about try planning for injuries for a change ? What if another key WR goes down ?
We should packaged Nnamdi and Dixon, trade them to Dallas for a 3rd round draft pick. We opened up two spots for the players that needed to be activated and got another second day draft pick. Dallas got a solid starting CB after Megatron torches them yesterday, and a good backup RB with special teams experience. Win Win situation for both teams.
That rascal is on to something.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Please Lord Tolzien, make this happen.

Lord Tolzien has shunned us
Wrong. Been there and done that. We played Seattle with Crab, Mario and Vernon last year and we couldn't get jack going. We played them with Anquan this year and he was completely shut down. Not unless we have at least 1 more legit deep threat like what the Colts did with TY Hilton, we don't stand a chance. The facts are just so blantantly clear in front of our eyes. Why can't we just learn from history instead of kidding ourselves ??

Why won't Gordon fit in ? Is time we tried something different given all previous schemes didn't work. How about we try running 4 WR sets ? How about sending both Vernon and Gordon simultaneously downfield on 2 deep routes with Crab and Anquan taking care of the short to intermediate ?

One other thing, how about try planning for injuries for a change ? What if another key WR goes down ?

This!

I'm not sure why some people are so against Gordon. You can never have too much WR depth. He poses as a speed burner deep threat which is exactly the type of receiver this team needs, especially if we want to compete with Seattle. Seattle has effectively shutdown every receiver on our roster, including a healthy Crabtree and Manningham. At least having Gordon opens up more opportunities for our passing attack against them.

Besides, we were going to draft a WR early next year anyway. Gordon is better than any WR we'd draft in the 2nd round and he's proven. He's cheap and on a rookie contract for the next 2 seasons. OMG, this deal is just too good to pass up!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Please Lord Tolzien, make this happen.

Lord Tolzien has shunned us

It makes sense. Baldwin can be used in a similar manner as Gordon but he'd probably be a downgrade in skill for the Browns but they would be happier with the pick and having a comparable replacement IMO.

But then I know people on this board would say "Why don't we just use Baldwin that way then?" To which I say that I agree but so far Gordon has been absolutely incredible with the most mediocre offense outside of Minnesota.

I wish it would happen but I don't think it will. So happy there is only 24 hours left of this madness.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

+1

Time to get agressive with Seattle. Indy this year and ATL last showed that their secondary is suspect against spread offenses. If you can nutralize their LBs you can beat Seattle on defense. Brady ate them up for the most part as well. Good for us we have a beast D who can shut their offense down if our offense keeps the off the field and not playing the majority of the game.