LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL. And that is why i hate Twitter and went to College for English instead of Journalism. Everyone thinks they are a Journalist, and Journalism is dead.

Even if you didn't know his background the whole "there is still a mystery team rumbling" line should have clued the reader in that this guy is amateur hour.
I can't wait for the trading deadline to pass already, Im tired of reading and hearing rumors about trading for Gordon. Even Gordon is tired of getting traded everyday. He gets traded in the zone at least 10 times a day. How is he able to learn Romans phone book size playbook if he keeps getting traded every 2 hours?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Despite your impassioned, and profanity laced tirade, there has to be a reason they didn't do it. Assuming it was even possible to start with. Let's assume they really wanted to deal. If they were asking for a 1st round pick would you still want to do it? What about a 2nd, or 2nd plus something more. Those are high prices imo, particularly for a problem child.

i love the part where he says,, "who cares if he f**ks up again"... lord.. if we waste a second rounder on him,, he comes in and f**ks up, then he is f**ked, we are f**ked and look stupid, got a unwanted distraction and lost a second rounder. we could be the best team in the nfl now that no one is talking about so we are NOT in a position where we HAVE to trade for a wide out in my opinion

I love how people assume that, because a trade hasn't been made, it's Baalke's or the 49ers fault. Like the Cleveland Browns have no say in the matter. Baalke just calls them up and says "we want Gordon" and they take whatever we throw at them. It can't be possible that the Browns don't want to trade Gordon to us. It can't be possible that Cleveland has a list of teams they're willing to trade with - based on what they have to offer - and the 49ers are not on that list.

Even if Baalke could somehow force a trade (he can't), it still doesn't make sense to bring in a new WR who most likely would be ineffective (IF he's even active) for the first couple of weeks. By the time he gets worked into the system, Manningham and Crabtree will be back. And the concern about Manningham and Crabtree being 100% is not enough to warrant such a situation. You would only have enough reason to make the trade if you were almost certain that they would NOT be 100% at any point this season or next season.

Besides, aren't the Browns on record of saying they're not shopping Gordon anyway? This was reported at least a month ago.

Then there's salary cap and the sh*tload of very key free agents coming at the end of next season... No none of these things matter, just push the *trade button* for Gordon already.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
"@NickBarlottaNFL: the Indianapolis Colts have backed out of the running and it down to 49ers and Jets... there is a mystery team still rumbling"

All you need to know about this "source"

I am a college sophomore at Bergen Community College

Hey now Bergen Community College is a very respected state of the art establishment. Legit source for sure.
It baffles me that some people don't want a talent like Gordon. He's more than worth the risk. Any draft pick that we give up is a decent risk as well. At least with Gordon, you already get a proven NFL commodity. And he's EXACTLY what we need in a receiver opposite Crabtree and Anquan. We need that guy that can stretch the field. You can never have enough weapons, just ask the Greenbay Packers and New Orleans Saints. Our offense could be damn near unstoppable with a legit top wide receiver in this league that can get down the field. He compliments Crabtree perfectly. Then you add Manningham and Boldin into the mix. Damn son, that's an offense with the potential to be straight dominant.

Now obviously the Browns have a say in the matter, but many reports have indicated that Gordon could be had for a second round pick. His value has risen over the last month or so, so he may be a bit more expensive now. I'm sure Baalke could work something out with the Browns. It's a matter if the 49ers want to take a risk on another troubled individual or not. Still very much worth the risk in my opinion
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
It baffles me that some people don't want a talent like Gordon. He's more than worth the risk. Any draft pick that we give up is a decent risk as well. At least with Gordon, you already get a proven NFL commodity. And he's EXACTLY what we need in a receiver opposite Crabtree and Anquan. We need that guy that can stretch the field. You can never have enough weapons, just ask the Greenbay Packers and New Orleans Saints. Our offense could be damn near unstoppable with a legit top wide receiver in this league that can get down the field. He compliments Crabtree perfectly. Then you add Manningham and Boldin into the mix. Damn son, that's an offense with the potential to be straight dominant.

Now obviously the Browns have a say in the matter, but many reports have indicated that Gordon could be had for a second round pick. His value has risen over the last month or so, so he may be a bit more expensive now. I'm sure Baalke could work something out with the Browns. It's a matter if the 49ers want to take a risk on another troubled individual or not. Still very much worth the risk in my opinion

The bolded would be great. Except there's a salary cap and Crabtree's contract will need to be renewed after next season. Manningham's is up after THIS season.

EDIT: My gripe is not about weather or not we should have Gordon. My gripe is about people thinking that it's as simple as saying "hey, we want Gordon" and then getting upset because it hasn't happened.
[ Edited by trellblaze on Oct 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran

These reports could be coming from anywhere and there is no way to tell how accurate they are.
The Browns could be pushing the reports in an effort to raise his value.

I am not so sure that Baalke could work something out with the Browns--anything reasonable that is.
Our second round picks are not going to be high second round picks.
The Browns might want to deal with a team that will give them a higher second round pick.
Originally posted by buck:

These reports could be coming from anywhere and there is no way to tell how accurate they are.
The Browns could be pushing the reports in an effort to raise his value.

I am not so sure that Baalke could work something out with the Browns--anything reasonable that is.
Our second round picks are not going to be high second round picks.
The Browns might want to deal with a team that will give them a higher second round pick.

Yes...and it's also quite possible that the Browns wanted to wait as long as possible to get a more accurate idea of how team's records will look. Being 5-2 doesn't guarantee that we'll finish with a good record but, from Cleveland's point of view it probably looks a lot more promising than, say, the Giants.
La Canfora said the 49ers and Browns have been among the busiest. 49ers are shopping Asomugha and Baldwin. I doubt we get a 7th for either but means they will probably get cut soon. Baldwin inactive if he isn't hurt means we are going to give Marlon Moore one last go. Either way seems like Williams stays and Asomugha, Moore, Baldwin could be gone.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24147591/nfl-trade-deadline-notes-49ers-patriots-lions-ravens-colts-eyeing-wrs

The Browns and 49ers have been among the most active clubs leading up the deadline, sources said. The 49ers have shopped guys near the bottom of their roster, like Baldwin and Nnamdi Asomugha, according to league sources.

Several GMs contacted this week believed ultimately the Giants would trade Nicks if they could fetch a third-round pick that moves to a second-rounder should Nicks re-sign with the team that trades for him, and that level of compensation is not out of the question.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I had the article then lost it but La Canfora said the 49ers and Browns have been the busiest. 49ers are shopping Asomugha and Baldwin. I doubt we get a 7th for either but means they will probably get cut soon. Baldwin inactive if he isn't hurt means we are going to give Marlon Moore one last go. Either way seems like Williams stays and Asomugha, Moore, Baldwin could be gone.

Give them Baldwin and LMJ for Gordon.

Originally posted by mayo49:
I had the article then lost it but La Canfora said the 49ers and Browns have been the busiest. 49ers are shopping Asomugha and Baldwin. I doubt we get a 7th for either but means they will probably get cut soon. Baldwin inactive if he isn't hurt means we are going to give Marlon Moore one last go. Either way seems like Williams stays and Asomugha, Moore, Baldwin could be gone.

We have receivers coming back soon

Trades aren't easy and seems like every team's fan wants to throw their junk at the Browns for Gordon. Not saying LMJ is junk but that's not going to get it done. They have to actually want what we are giving them and has to make sense for their scheme, needs, cap, etc. A lot has to line up which is why picks are more common. Even if they wanted those 2 we'd still probably have to throw in a 2nd or 3rd.

Also, edited my post says that some gm's believe that the Giants could take a 3rd for Nicks that turns into a 2nd if he resigns with that team. I'd pass... maybe the early on version of him but not sure he's worth a 3rd and 2nd if he re-signs because he will want big money and not sure he is reliable and is worth it.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the two gores said it best in my opinion
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Talked trade deadline on #NFLGameDay: NYG not planning on dealing WR Hakeem Nicks. Rival execs believe a 3rd would do it if they opened up

#Browns have had talks for WR Josh Gordon, but source tells me no trade expected by Tuesday. Belief is it'd take at least a 2nd rounder.

And #Titans are shopping WR Kenny Britt and the price is not high. That said, no takers yet. Lions would make sense… if no off-field issues
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FrankGoreHOF:

We have receivers coming back soon

Yeah, but they won't be at full strength for a while.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone