LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Sounds like Patton won't be back this year.

Do you have a source or link for this information?
Originally posted by buck:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-plan-roster-moves-nov-10-game
  • buck
  • Veteran

Thank you.

Thank you.
Of course !
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeHubb:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
No matter if your looking at this season or next season, WE NEED GORDON. I'd rather risk a two + a player on Gordon, than using a 1st or 2nd on a WR in the draft.

I agree with him to the fullest. When you look at good WR corps there is always atleast one wideout that can stretch the field(which would be Gordon), one thats more of a possession/route running WR (Boldin,Crabtree), and the quick route/slot WR(Mario M.).... When you look at all the teams with a good to great passing game they all pretty much fit this mold. With the 49ers missing the deep threat makes it tough for Boldin and Crab(when he returns) to work because they have less room to work with due to the rest of the WRs only able to get about 15 yrds down the field and DBs able to play closer to line.

You nailed it and frankly this missing deep threat piece has been well-documented for years now, so I don't see why people are saying we don't need a Gordon. People seem to have extremely short-termed memories, Baalke drafted AJ Jenkins exactly for this purpose, but of course he turned out to be a complete bust who is still hovering at KC with 1 NFL catch and 6 yards. If we can get Gordon, we will be able to split the deep routes with Vernon which will make us that much more difficult to stop. The opposing D won't be able to cover everyone and will have to pick their poison and rely on man-on-man. Take Seattle for example, imagine if we send Gordon and Vernon simultaneously on 2 deep routes, they won't be able to stuff the box with 8 guys anymore which will open up the run game for Frank and Kap or the short to intermediate routes for Anquan and Mario.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I can't wait for Tuesday to come and go. Make the deal in offseason, when we know our draft position.

Plus we DONT need Gordon, we have a good core, Crabs, Mario, Boldin, VD, and Vance will work for the playoffs, and why does everyone think Gordon is the savior? He isn't gonna be THE GUY to get us ring 6. The analogy of Dillon to Pats to seeing Gordon to 49ers makes no sense. Dillon was a star, Gordon is a good player, with off the field issues.

Unless they are willing to take a low 2nd, I wouldn't touch him. Too risky. Rely on our current group. 5-2, we have a good roster. I dont know where Gordon even fits in. Crabs, Boldin and Mario would all play over him. Osgood on STs, and who knows if they keep Kyle Williams. idk how this trade would work. They aren't gonna trade away MM. He was loyal and took a pay cut to stay, difference between what he and Goodwin did compared to Haralson. Haralson wasn't gonna start, so we did him a favor and sent to a place to start.

The same can be said about everyone thinking Manningham and Crabs will come back and be saviors. Both are coming off injuries, and while the Crabtree articles of late are encouraging, we have no idea how healthy he will actually be for us this season. Manningham is another injury waiting to happen, and what happens if we have another injury at WR before then?

Manningham took a pay cut, because if he didnt he would be unemployed right now. If anything the club has been loyal to him.

Im Sorry AB, but you are dead wrong if you think Manningham would get playing time over Gordon. I usually agree with you in alot of ways, but your evaluation of Gordons talent and skillset have been way off.

Everyone talks about this great WR core we have, as if they are playing and we arent the worst passing team in the NFL right now. Fact is our WR core is awful, and there is no guarantee what Manningham and Crabtree will offer us this season.

Again, i dont, and never did think the trade would happen, but this WR group scares the s**t out of me come playoff time..

Well said, Idaho.

What AB keeps saying is Gordon is one step away from a year ban and we can draft as many WRs we want come next year. Again, let me just say this again, we need the help NOW.

I would like to use Seattle again as an example, we did have Mario and Crab last year and we still got smoked. Clearly, we just don't have enough weapons or the right kind of weapons to hang with the Seahawks. Just look at how the Colts were able to beat the Seahawks, they smoked them on the deep routes with TY Hilton.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by DeHubb:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
No matter if your looking at this season or next season, WE NEED GORDON. I'd rather risk a two + a player on Gordon, than using a 1st or 2nd on a WR in the draft.

I agree with him to the fullest. When you look at good WR corps there is always atleast one wideout that can stretch the field(which would be Gordon), one thats more of a possession/route running WR (Boldin,Crabtree), and the quick route/slot WR(Mario M.).... When you look at all the teams with a good to great passing game they all pretty much fit this mold. With the 49ers missing the deep threat makes it tough for Boldin and Crab(when he returns) to work because they have less room to work with due to the rest of the WRs only able to get about 15 yrds down the field and DBs able to play closer to line.

You nailed it and frankly this missing deep threat piece has been well-documented for years now, so I don't see why people are saying we don't need a Gordon. People seem to have extremely short-termed memories, Baalke drafted AJ Jenkins exactly for this purpose, but of course he turned out to be a complete bust who is still hovering at KC with 1 NFL catch and 6 yards. If we can get Gordon, we will be able to split the deep routes with Vernon which will make us that much more difficult to stop. The opposing D won't be able to cover everyone and will have to pick their poison and rely on man-on-man. Take Seattle for example, imagine if we send Gordon and Vernon simultaneously on 2 deep routes, they won't be able to stuff the box with 8 guys anymore which will open up the run game for Frank and Kap or the short to intermediate routes for Anquan and Mario.

Exactly. Adding Gordon just adds a whole other dimension to this offense and our passing game in particular. He is a legit deep threat than can run the deep routes and beat opposing DBs down field for the big, explosive plays. I'm not sure if the "We don't need Gordon" crowd has actually seen the kid play but he is NO joke - he is exactly the type of receiver we NEED if we even want to compete with Seattle and teams like them.
IMO You just don't know how players will transition to the league(Jenkins) and if the Niners draft in the late 20's they'll get the 4th rated WR according to some mocks.

McGahee seems to think Gordon needs a mentor and who better than Q- http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/10/cleveland_browns_josh_gordon_n_1.html
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Oct 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM ]
"@NickBarlottaNFL: the Indianapolis Colts have backed out of the running and it down to 49ers and Jets... there is a mystery team still rumbling"
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
"@NickBarlottaNFL: the Indianapolis Colts have backed out of the running and it down to 49ers and Jets... there is a mystery team still rumbling"

Josh Gordon?

Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Josh Gordon?

Yes

All you need to know about this "source"

I am a college sophomore at Bergen Community College
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

lol

he's probably tweeting out info from his Madden 25 connected franchise

LOL. And that is why i hate Twitter and went to College for English instead of Journalism. Everyone thinks they are a Journalist, and Journalism is dead.
Share 49ersWebzone