There are 299 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I had a dream last night that we traded a 3rd to Houston for Andre Johnson because they are tanking the season and are pushing for a youth movement. Then I woke up and realized that would actually make sense for them.

We don't have the cap space for him, or do we? I just want a damn wr upgrade either way

His cap hit for 2013 is just over $10 million, I'm no AB, but I'm going to guess we arent even close to having the cap space for him. Then the hit gets worse over the next few years. If we give that type of money to a WR, I'd rather see it go to Crabtree.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
A trade for Josh Gordon will probably come until the deadline imo October 29 I believe

im sure Gordon will require a 1 and a player at this point, the fans would riot if it is anything less, and seems like the browns dont even wanna trade him now. so i say the asking price is atleast a 1 and a player, i don't see us taking that since we like taking advantage of teams in trade situations under baalke, so i see us settling for Nicks for a 3rd or 4th, but i DO see us making a move, we have too many draft picks not to.

Nicks has been a disappointment this year I wouldn't touch him his own coach is calling him out.

No Nicks please. For one, like you said the guy is playing like crap plus he would only be a rental anyway. Gordon is our only realistic option, if not might as well not bother and hope for the best with Mario and Crab. But, a 1st and a player is too steep. I can see us offering a 2nd and LMJ max, that's it. Let's see what happens then.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
But just to play devil's advocate the compensatory pick isn't guaranteed a 4th from us would be, also you can trade a 4th from us can't trade the compensatory pick and we could package in a 6th or... two of our infinite 7th rounders to sweeten the deal.

Correct, but in case he doesn't draw so much interest in FA as to get the big contract that would net the Giants the 3rd, then they might as well give him a new contract themselves. My point is that the Nicks "trade" as it's being imagined makes no sense for NY, so they might as well keep him. If they get more than a 3rd (or a guaranteed 3rd), then sure enough, but anything less than that is silly for them.

I'm only making this point (several times), not to answer you in particular but to point out that most of these "trades" talked about here cannot happen because they don't make sense to the other team.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
To tell the truth I didn't think that much of him until I saw the highlights. Very impressive hands and top end speed for a second year UDFA.

Yeah Rod is a beast, but I doubt the Raiders will trade him or Moore now that Pryor is playing half way decent. They just need to improve on the offensive line and get some running backs who can stay healthy.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Baalke has finally come out to say LMJ won't be traded. So, I guess the Gordon trade is off the table perhaps ?
  • buck
  • Veteran
49ers' Baalke: Trade for a wide receiver unlikely

The San Francisco 49ers are close to getting some much-needed help at the wide receiver position, making the likelihood of a late-October trade, well, less likely.

With Michael Crabtree (Achilles) expected back by mid-to-late November and Mario Manningham (knee) set to play "soon," per coach Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco's depth chart is shaping up.

General manager Trent Baalke told reporters from London, where the 49ers will play the Jaguars on Sunday, that the influx of talent makes trading for a pass-catcher an unlikely scenario, per the San Francisco Chronicle.

Browns receiver Josh Gordon's name has bubbled in trade talks over the past month, but Cleveland isn't going to give him away. Amid reports that teams are offering the Browns a draft pick and a player for Gordon, Baalke downplayed the idea that San Francisco was in the mix for the pass-catcher's services.

Baalke also shot down rumors that running back LaMichael James is on the block, saying: "We're not interested in trading LaMichael. LaMichael's a key player."

The 49ers have shown improvement on offense during their four-game win streak and weathered the absence of Crabtree and Manningham during a 5-2 start. That patience has paid off and San Francisco now looms as a dangerous opponent down the stretch.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000269301/article/49ers-baalke-trade-for-a-wide-receiver-unlikely
  • buck
  • Veteran
Browns WR Josh Gordon tired of trade talk

Already dealing with cornerbacks, double coverage and defenses targeting him, Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon has spent the past month trying to shake free from trade rumors.It's been exhausting.

''I'm tired of it,'' Gordon said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/browns-wr-josh-gordon-tired-174309795--nfl.html
To me, trading for Josh Gordon should be a no brainer. We have a boatload of picks first of all. We can more than afford giving up one of our two second round picks. We NEED a receiver that can stretch the field. Gordon is already a proven commodity. I would even give up our first round pick if we had to. Hell we spent first round picks before on Aj jenkins, rashaun woods, kentwan balmer, etc. Drafting is more risky then trading for a guy like Gordon. With Gordon, our offense could be unstoppable. And the guy is what 23 years old and already one of the better receivers in the league? He's exactly what we need opposite Crabtree. Pull the f**kin trigger!
Or we could just hold onto our first or second round pick and draft a receiver. We are most likely going to draft a receiver high next year with a first or second round pick. Sweet that means we can draft the next AJ jenkins or Rashaun Woods, since we are so great in recent history at drafting receivers!

Trade for Josh f**kin Gordon already! He's proven and what we need!! Who gives a s**t if he f**ks up again, it's more than worth the risk of him helping us win a superbowl. We have no idea how Manningham or Crabtree will come back. Do we really want to be hurting at receiver again for the third year in a row? Learn from our mistakes dammit. We can be f**kin dominant on offense with Gordon. We need that deep threat.
Despite your impassioned, and profanity laced tirade, there has to be a reason they didn't do it. Assuming it was even possible to start with. Let's assume they really wanted to deal. If they were asking for a 1st round pick would you still want to do it? What about a 2nd, or 2nd plus something more. Those are high prices imo, particularly for a problem child.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Despite your impassioned, and profanity laced tirade, there has to be a reason they didn't do it. Assuming it was even possible to start with. Let's assume they really wanted to deal. If they were asking for a 1st round pick would you still want to do it? What about a 2nd, or 2nd plus something more. Those are high prices imo, particularly for a problem child.

i love the part where he says,, "who cares if he f**ks up again"... lord.. if we waste a second rounder on him,, he comes in and f**ks up, then he is f**ked, we are f**ked and look stupid, got a unwanted distraction and lost a second rounder. we could be the best team in the nfl now that no one is talking about so we are NOT in a position where we HAVE to trade for a wide out in my opinion
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

A 1st I wouldn't, but a 2nd or even a 2nd plus say LMJ I would in a heartbeat. Josh Gordon right now is playing at a 1st round pick level. His performance is proven.
[ Edited by Rascal on Oct 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM ]
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Or we could just hold onto our first or second round pick and draft a receiver.

Nooooo, we SUCK at drafting WR's in the first round! Ha
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Or we could just hold onto our first or second round pick and draft a receiver.

Nooooo, we SUCK at drafting WR's in the first round! Ha

LOL exactly. And a couple people above think it'd be stupid to give up a first or even a second. Giving up a first wouldn't be ideal, but I'd still do it. Do people not realize how big of an upgrade Gordon would be to our receiving core? I guess they are content with Kyle Williams and Marlon Moore.
Originally posted by cciowa:

i love the part where he says,, "who cares if he f**ks up again"... lord.. if we waste a second rounder on him,, he comes in and f**ks up, then he is f**ked, we are f**ked and look stupid, got a unwanted distraction and lost a second rounder. we could be the best team in the nfl now that no one is talking about so we are NOT in a position where we HAVE to trade for a wide out in my opinion

You do realize that drafting a guy is just as risky, if not more risky. We could use that second round pick or first round pick and completely whiff on someone ala Taylor Mays, Aj jenkins. Gordon is a proven top receiver in the league. I'd take my chances with him screwing up again.
Share 49ersWebzone