There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you trade....

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JMC52:
I would trade the late 2nd round pick, LMJ, and Kyle Williams for Blackmon

the words madden and fantasy football just want to leap off my keyboard but i will restrain myself

Yea too bad they wouldn't accept that trade in madden, just tried lol
Originally posted by paulk205:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Nicks is always a possibility but I only see us doing this for a 4th or a 5th, even then I think they would have to have serious doubts about Crab or Ham's ability to comeback strong and contribute.

One more time: why would the Giants trade Nicks for anything less than a 3rd round pick since they will most likely get a compensatory 3rd when he leaves in FA?

I wouldn't be mad giving up a 3rd for Nicks even as just a rental for the 2nd half of the year. This would give us plenty of offensive firepower heading towards the playoffs.
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JMC52:
I would trade the late 2nd round pick, LMJ, and Kyle Williams for Blackmon

the words madden and fantasy football just want to leap off my keyboard but i will restrain myself

Yea too bad they wouldn't accept that trade in madden, just tried lol

lol. I tried for Gordon, but he wasn't available. It is hard in Madden to trade. Before roster update I had teams asking for Dixon, got a 3rd or 4th for him. Same for Brock, 3rd for him, then update, couldn't get a pick for either, ended up releasing them. I wasn't the biggest fan of Brock, but he has made a believer out of me. I just hope he is playing for the game, and not for the money, I dont wanna see another Shawntae Spencer happen. He got a 20M deal, and sucked the rest of the way, like he didnt care, he got his money. ala Ahmed Plummer, from way back in early 2000's. That's my fear. So far Bowman, Brooks, Lee have all played outstanding since extended. Rogers seems decent, not like 2011. Spencer and Snyder sucked after new deals. Snyder got a reality check when he boomed in Arizona after getting $15M for 5 years.

But anyway, guys like Vernon and Willis have also been both productive, and team players, restructuring their deals to get deals done, Willis for future cap room, and then at draft time to have extra cap room for the picks. And Vernon when Bowman was extended, same for McDonald, he did it too, even lowered his 2013 base to the minimum. I like Team guys, who give it their all, and willing to take less to be on a winning team. Hoping Kap, Aldon, and the rest help and take friendly deals.
I'd rather franchise him and have him for 3 years rather than none
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nicks is always a possibility but I only see us doing this for a 4th or a 5th, even then I think they would have to have serious doubts about Crab or Ham's ability to comeback strong and contribute.

One more time: why would the Giants trade Nicks for anything less than a 3rd round pick since they will most likely get a compensatory 3rd when he leaves in FA?

I wouldn't be mad giving up a 3rd for Nicks even as just a rental for the 2nd half of the year. This would give us plenty of offensive firepower heading towards the playoffs.

Have you guys seen some of the embaressing drops that Nicks has had this season? It's like he needs glasses or something. Right on the hands, hit in the facemask, type of drops.

I'm not saying they will take a 4th or a 5th... I said "I only see US (as in the 49ers) doing this for a 4th or 5th. But just to play devil's advocate the compensatory pick isn't guaranteed a 4th from us would be, also you can trade a 4th from us can't trade the compensatory pick and we could package in a 6th or... two of our infinite 7th rounders to sweeten the deal.
[ Edited by 24plus25er on Oct 23, 2013 at 4:53 PM ]
A trade for Josh Gordon will probably come until the deadline imo October 29 I believe
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Have you guys seen some of the embaressing drops that Nicks has had this season? It's like he needs glasses or something. Right on the hands, hit in the facemask, type of drops.

id take him over scrub KW in a heartbeat, you have to remember what he is capable of and how dangerous this guy can be come playoff time he is clutch. plus he could be had for a 4th since he will only be a rental since his contract is up at the end of the year, so its no skin off our teeth.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
A trade for Josh Gordon will probably come until the deadline imo October 29 I believe

im sure Gordon will require a 1 and a player at this point, the fans would riot if it is anything less, and seems like the browns dont even wanna trade him now. so i say the asking price is atleast a 1 and a player, i don't see us taking that since we like taking advantage of teams in trade situations under baalke, so i see us settling for Nicks for a 3rd or 4th, but i DO see us making a move, we have too many draft picks not to.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

im sure Gordon will require a 1 and a player at this point, the fans would riot if it is anything less, and seems like the browns dont even wanna trade him now. so i say the asking price is atleast a 1 and a player, i don't see us taking that since we like taking advantage of teams in trade situations under baalke, so i see us settling for Nicks for a 3rd or 4th, but i DO see us making a move, we have too many draft picks not to.

Nicks has been a disappointment this year I wouldn't touch him his own coach is calling him out.
Sounds like Gordon's price is going up by the minute. Maybe the Raiders, at 2-4 are out of the division race, would part with Rod Streater(6'3" 200 lbs. 4.37 40) or Danarious Moore who I believe are on their rookie contracts.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Oct 23, 2013 at 7:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Sounds like Gordon's price is going up by the minute. Maybe the Raiders, at 2-4 are out of the division race, would part with Rod Streater(6'3" 200 lbs. 4.37 40) or Danarious Moore who I believe are on their rookie contracts.

Would take either one, would prefer Streater.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Would take either one, would prefer Streater.

To tell the truth I didn't think that much of him until I saw the highlights. Very impressive hands and top end speed for a second year UDFA.
I had a dream last night that we traded a 3rd to Houston for Andre Johnson because they are tanking the season and are pushing for a youth movement. Then I woke up and realized that would actually make sense for them.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I had a dream last night that we traded a 3rd to Houston for Andre Johnson because they are tanking the season and are pushing for a youth movement. Then I woke up and realized that would actually make sense for them.

We don't have the cap space for him, or do we? I just want a damn wr upgrade either way