Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Broseph6:
Maybe we could bring Blackmon back to SF when we leave London? For a 3rd? And a player?

maybe we can just finish with the players we currently have and the ones coming off injuries in the very near future. the niners believe in the right type of person and i think we have good chemistry with the guys we have and the ones who will join us soon. this team is very capable of making a deep playoff run now and with the players soon to be added off the injured list in my opinion

Yes, although Blackmon would be great.

ok,. i will meet you guys half way,, we leave roman in london and take this black man or whatever his name is with us.

Take Roman to Italy.
hater. you want jimmy ray back hey at least he would have known when you have first and goal at the 7,,,,, ahh f**king never mind
hater. you want jimmy ray back hey at least he would have known when you have first and goal at the 7,,,,, ahh f**king never mind

Straight up the middle three times then punt. From their 7!
Straight up the middle three times then punt. From their 7!
Lol
  • buck
  • Veteran
a new rumor--well, it might be new.

Report: Josh Gordon trade is 'not probable'

A source tells ProFootballTalk that a Josh Gordon trade is "possible" but not "probable."

Earlier this week, ESPN reported that at least three teams have contacted the Browns about trading for their exceptionally talented wideout.

Even though Gordon may be one off-field discretion away from a year-long ban, two of the clubs reportedly have standing offers of a player and a high draft pick.

The Browns have to decide if they want to build around Gordon or move on from a potential headache. For now, it sounds like they're leaning toward keeping him. The trade deadline is in six days

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/274037/report-josh-gordon-trade-is-not-probable
http://overthecap.com/trade-costs-of-nfl-players-part-ii/

Blackmon post by Jason Fitzgerald, he is doing a 2 part series on guys who have rumors of being traded, here is the Blackmon part from that article.

Even though it wouldn't cost much to trade for him in 2013, he has high cap figures, including the mentioned roster bonuses that are treated as a signing bonus, but aren't already paid, so it seems like an unlikely deal to happen. We dont have the cap space in the future to do a deal, and he isn't eligible to restructure until his 4th season, which by then the team(whoever it is) has to decide whether to pick up his Top 10 WR money on a 5th-year team option.

Justin Blackmon- I admit I have not heard his name mentioned at all, but I received a request on him so we'll examine him. Blackmon would cost a team $724,385 in cap room for this season and at least $4.98 million the next two seasons. The reason I say at least is that Blackmon has yearly roster bonuses in his contract that were treated as signing bonuses for salary cap purposes, but are not yet paid. I have to do more research as to how that works both from a cash and a cap perspective. My assumption is the Jaguars would receive a credit for money accounted for but not paid while the acquiring team would need to account for it on their salary cap, but that's just a guess. The roster bonuses total $3.09 million. Like Josh Gordon, Blackmon is a suspension risk though I think he is two strikes away. It is likely all his future guarantees have been voided due to his suspension this year. He is supremely talented and the Jaguars would only be moving him because they don't trust him off the field. I can't imagine him being traded for anything less than a first round pick.
And what Jason means by guarantees are his base salaries. Those, which would be guaranteed as a top 10 pick, became/likely became non-guaranteed when he had his suspension this season.

Gordon does make more sense, but also the fact that some speculation is they want a player, and a 1st rd pick. While some may be fine with that, I would wait till offseason, no one can guarantee we don't go far in playoffs, or we may lose a top guys, like Kap, and we are screwed, end up 6-10, that's a top 10 pick. Not worth it for Gordon, I rather take Sammy Watkins, Marquis Lee, or MIke Evans over Gordon with that 1st rd pick.

I am all for trading for Gordon, only if it's a low 2nd and a player like LMJ, even though I wish he was active, and getting PT as a returner, or the early 3rd that is likely from Tennessee, and LMJ.

But I dont view James as an every down back, so I dont understand the logic there. Rumors are they(Browns) want Ben Tate in FA next offseason. James isn't a starter IMO in the NFL. I dont agree with some saying fine, throw in Hunter for Gordon, not worth it, cause who becomes the 2nd back, sure as hell isnt Dixon, cant get more than a yard or 2 most of the time. Lattimore is nowhere near ready to play. James isnt a 2nd back, he is a 3rd back, and a returner. Plus I think Hunter would have more value on the trade market, maybe a higher pick. Instead of packaging him with a high pick for a player with risk attached to him.
AB81...yeah I'm not down with trading Hunter either. Why trade anybody right now anyway? I mean come on, Crabtree and Mann are back right around the corner and they live and breath our offense.

We sit tight, have a bye, start warming them up.

This team can win the Superbowl.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
I would trade the late 2nd round pick, LMJ, and Kyle Williams for Blackmon
  • buck
  • Veteran
2. Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns wide receiver

The Browns have been fielding trade offers on Gordon since the end of last month. They reportedly have standing offers of a high draft pick and a player from two teams, with another team sniffing around as well.

The 49ers had previously shown interest in acquiring Gordon as a much-needed downfield threat.

It might take a first-round pick to convince the Browns to surrender a talented playmaker with a low salary and a high ceiling.

Possible fits: San Francisco 49ers, Indianapolis Colts, Detroit Lions

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268605/article/top-10-candidates-to-swap-teams-at-the-trade-deadline

The use of the past perfect implies that San Francisco interest is not current.

But, the opposite could be true.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
AB81...yeah I'm not down with trading Hunter either. Why trade anybody right now anyway? I mean come on, Crabtree and Mann are back right around the corner and they live and breath our offense.

With you 110%, sit pat, we have returning WRs, a DE and CB to help solidify our depth and team overall. I am perfectly happy with our set of WRs once MM and Crabs are back. We can win it all, Crabs would be fresh by playoffs time. We dont need to win the West, many teams have won the super bowl as a wild card team. Packers did it with their last SB win. Just get to 11-12 wins, and we could be golden. I like our chances the rest of the way, only scares me is New Orleans in New Orleans. And Seattle at home, but we should have home field advantage, need to bring our all RED day. Wish I could be there, stupid NY, but I got NFL ST, so I never miss a game.

Originally posted by buck:
2. Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns wide receiver

The Browns have been fielding trade offers on Gordon since the end of last month. They reportedly have standing offers of a high draft pick and a player from two teams, with another team sniffing around as well.

The 49ers had previously shown interest in acquiring Gordon as a much-needed downfield threat.

It might take a first-round pick to convince the Browns to surrender a talented playmaker with a low salary and a high ceiling.

Possible fits: San Francisco 49ers, Indianapolis Colts, Detroit Lions

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268605/article/top-10-candidates-to-swap-teams-at-the-trade-deadline

The use of the past perfect implies that San Francisco interest is not current.

But, the opposite could be true.

Makes sense somewhat. But Indy doesn't for a 1st, they traded theirs away for Richardson, I doubt they would trade a 2015 1st, not knowing how well they will fare down the road.

Why Detroit? Cause of Burleson? He should be back. I would think an established team like Pats or Packers, who need WR and weapons help badly.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JMC52:
I would trade the late 2nd round pick, LMJ, and Kyle Williams for Blackmon

the words madden and fantasy football just want to leap off my keyboard but i will restrain myself
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 49erWay:

With you 110%, sit pat, we have returning WRs, a DE and CB to help solidify our depth and team overall. I am perfectly happy with our set of WRs once MM and Crabs are back. We can win it all, Crabs would be fresh by playoffs time. We dont need to win the West, many teams have won the super bowl as a wild card team. Packers did it with their last SB win. Just get to 11-12 wins, and we could be golden. I like our chances the rest of the way, only scares me is New Orleans in New Orleans. And Seattle at home, but we should have home field advantage, need to bring our all RED day. Wish I could be there, stupid NY, but I got NFL ST, so I never miss a game.
of course these guys are right!
At this point and time I say the most realistic move (given our front offices past) is trading a 3rd day pick for Britt or some other receiver not named Blackmon, Nicks, or Gordon. Nicks is always a possibility but I only see us doing this for a 4th or a 5th, even then I think they would have to have serious doubts about Crab or Ham's ability to comeback strong and contribute.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Nicks is always a possibility but I only see us doing this for a 4th or a 5th, even then I think they would have to have serious doubts about Crab or Ham's ability to comeback strong and contribute.

One more time: why would the Giants trade Nicks for anything less than a 3rd round pick since they will most likely get a compensatory 3rd when he leaves in FA?
Share 49ersWebzone