LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I see the packers being the dark horses here and snatching gordon right up. No Jones, no Corn on the Cobb, and now no finley...they need a good wr bad

Indy needs a wideout, too now.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Why is it anytime I hear somebody say, "I am going to do you a solid or do us a solid" that I think they mean giving or receiving a hand job in the back of a 1984 Astroline van in the parking lot of a McDonald's?

I originally thought it was a bad thing. Like doing a solid on someone's chest lol
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I see the packers being the dark horses here and snatching gordon right up. No Jones, no Corn on the Cobb, and now no finley...they need a good wr bad

Indy needs a wideout, too now.

Both teams are very possible. As for the Colts, although they still have TY Hilton and Heyward-Bey, Reggie Wayne represented 30% of their passing offense, that is a huge loss.

Either the Browns have totally backed off from the trade as reported, otherwise given the massive demand in the market, I think it would take an exorbitantly high bid to land Gordon.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Why is it anytime I hear somebody say, "I am going to do you a solid or do us a solid" that I think they mean giving or receiving a hand job in the back of a 1984 Astroline van in the parking lot of a McDonald's?

I originally thought it was a bad thing. Like doing a solid on someone's chest lol

That's what it meant back in the 60's
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I think they franchise him if they can't get a deal when his contract is up.

The point I am trying to make is that they can't afford a top WR. If that is the case, they won't be able to afford to franchise him.
if we cant afford top players how the heck do we have all these top player on the roster ?

The point I am trying to make is that they can't afford a top WR. If that is the case, they won't be able to afford to franchise him.
if we cant afford top players how the heck do we have all these top player on the roster ?

Kaep is going to end up getting 15 to 20 million a year and we never had a QB taking up that much cap space. Right now we have a QB that doesn't make much money.
doubt it, he's not even worth about what we were paying Alex Smith. Unless he starts throwing 400 yards games and rushing for 100 and wins a superbowl I doubt we over pay, he will get smith money, or even a similar contract Aaron Rodgers got his first resign, which was only like 55 million or something like that, he's not worth payton manning, brady money yet!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Oct 23, 2013 at 4:40 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Kaep is going to end up getting 15 to 20 million a year and we never had a QB taking up that much cap space. Right now we have a QB that doesn't make much money.
doubt it, he's not even worth about what we were paying Alex Smith. Unless he starts throwing 400 yards games and rushing for 100 and wins a superbowl I doubt we over pay, he will get smith money, or even a similar contract Aaron Rodgers got his first resign, which was only like 55 million or something like that, he's not worth payton manning, brady money yet!

He might not be worth the money yet, but he is going to get.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

He might not be worth the money yet, but he is going to get.

Smith's money ? As in $8 mil a year ? You are kidding right ? If that is the case, he will walk and there will be teams lining up to sign him. Man, I really hope you were kidding. I think for Kap, realistically you will have to think Matthew Stafford money at least, say $15 mil a year or thereabouts.
  • titan
  • Veteran
^ 8 mil for Kaepernick.Lol! Kaep is practically playing for free in NFL standard for QB's.His agent will factor all that in and will bank$$$$
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
At least $15M a year.
If only we had a Kaepernick thread to discuss this.

Maybe we could bring Blackmon back to SF when we leave London? For a 3rd? And a player?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Broseph6:
Maybe we could bring Blackmon back to SF when we leave London? For a 3rd? And a player?

maybe we can just finish with the players we currently have and the ones coming off injuries in the very near future. the niners believe in the right type of person and i think we have good chemistry with the guys we have and the ones who will join us soon. this team is very capable of making a deep playoff run now and with the players soon to be added off the injured list in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:

maybe we can just finish with the players we currently have and the ones coming off injuries in the very near future. the niners believe in the right type of person and i think we have good chemistry with the guys we have and the ones who will join us soon. this team is very capable of making a deep playoff run now and with the players soon to be added off the injured list in my opinion

Yes, although Blackmon would be great.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

ok,. i will meet you guys half way,, we leave roman in london and take this black man or whatever his name is with us.
Originally posted by English:

ok,. i will meet you guys half way,, we leave roman in london and take this black man or whatever his name is with us.

Take Roman to Italy.
Share 49ersWebzone