There are 182 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you trade....

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Seems like everyone and their moms is after Gordon now, I think our biggest competition is going to be the colts though, they gonna throw a first no doubt now that Reggie is gone

What first? The one they traded away to acquire Trent Richardson.......that the Browns already own?

Yea can see it going down like this

Irsay "seeing as we took that scrub Richardson of your hands, how bout you do us a solid and give us Gordon"

Browns "yea cool we can do that, just give us a 2nd or 2015 4th and well call it quits"

Irsay " nice, I can see were gonna be best friends. How bout we even give you DHB as a parting gift"

Browns "BFF4L"
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Why is it anytime I hear somebody say, "I am going to do you a solid or do us a solid" that I think they mean giving or receiving a hand job in the back of a 1984 Astroline van in the parking lot of a McDonald's?

[ Edited by fropwns on Oct 22, 2013 at 8:12 PM ]
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Knowing our front office we will go with the best bargain available. If we can get Nicks on a rental for a conditional 4th, I say do it. If we can get Kenny Britt for a 6th or 7th, I say do it. Lord knows we have enough 6th/7th round picks.

f**k Kenny Britt, keep that psychopath away from here. Dude is clearly mentally unbalanced.

Can't be anymore jacked up than Aldon right? If he can create separation and catch a ball I'm all for it.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Knowing our front office we will go with the best bargain available. If we can get Nicks on a rental for a conditional 4th, I say do it. If we can get Kenny Britt for a 6th or 7th, I say do it. Lord knows we have enough 6th/7th round picks.

f**k Kenny Britt, keep that psychopath away from here. Dude is clearly mentally unbalanced.

Can't be anymore jacked up than Aldon right? If he can create separation and catch a ball I'm all for it.

A bit of a difference between Aldon Smith's addiction issues and Britt's dickishness.
Originally posted by fropwns:

A bit of a difference between Aldon Smith's addiction issues and Britt's dickishness.

Britt's actions and attitude carry onto the field of play.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I think they franchise him if they can't get a deal when his contract is up.

The point I am trying to make is that they can't afford a top WR. If that is the case, they won't be able to afford to franchise him.
if we cant afford top players how the heck do we have all these top player on the roster ?

The point I am trying to make is that they can't afford a top WR. If that is the case, they won't be able to afford to franchise him.
if we cant afford top players how the heck do we have all these top player on the roster ?

Kaep is going to end up getting 15 to 20 million a year and we never had a QB taking up that much cap space. Right now we have a QB that doesn't make much money.

Let him walk if he wants crazy money

Can he walk?

Aldon has his own personal issues that he is trying to work on and turn around but please do not compare him to Britt. Britt is an all around douche bag and head case on and off the field. I bed he'd be a locker room cancer here. Do NOT want. Plus, his game is pretty "meh" to me, especially compared to Gordon.

Gordon >>> Britt
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Aldon has his own personal issues that he is trying to work on and turn around but please do not compare him to Britt. Britt is an all around douche bag and head case on and off the field. I bed he'd be a locker room cancer here. Do NOT want. Plus, his game is pretty "meh" to me, especially compared to Gordon.

Gordon >>> Britt

It's not a Gordon vs. Britt issue, to be honest based on his history I doubt Trent will pay what I am now sure is a ridiculous asking price for Gordon. As far as who Britt is as a player, I'd go out on a limb and say that no one here knows Britt personally nor have they been a teammate of him so who are we to say that he is a head case or locker room cancer. On the surface Aldon has just as many issues as any other guy on an NFL roster so don't give him a pass just because he is on our roster.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by pd24:

Kaep is going to end up getting 15 to 20 million a year and we never had a QB taking up that much cap space. Right now we have a QB that doesn't make much money.

Let him walk if he wants crazy money

Can he walk?

Even if we won the SB, I would not be comfy with us paying Kap 15-20 million. To get that much money you have to be a good enough QB to make the team viable with your talent alone. From what we have seen, without our oline and defense, Kaep alone would not be enough to make us viable. I think these 20 million dollar deals for QBs will ease up some once teams realize that QBs are coming out of college more ready than they have ever been. With the new rookie wage scale it's easier to play a guy for 4-5 years, if he's really productive franchise him for one and if you don't see the results you want then let him walk and move on to the next one.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Why is it anytime I hear somebody say, "I am going to do you a solid or do us a solid" that I think they mean giving or receiving a hand job in the back of a 1984 Astroline van in the parking lot of a McDonald's?

PTSD?
It's not a Gordon vs. Britt issue, to be honest based on his history I doubt Trent will pay what I am now sure is a ridiculous asking price for Gordon. As far as who Britt is as a player, I'd go out on a limb and say that no one here knows Britt personally nor have they been a teammate of him so who are we to say that he is a head case or locker room cancer. On the surface Aldon has just as many issues as any other guy on an NFL roster so don't give him a pass just because he is on our roster.

Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'd trade a #2 rb for a #1 wr....this team needs some speed & big play ability badly. Niners have all these draft picks and its time to pawn some off for good.

why not in the draft instead
Getting Gordon doesn't stop them from drafting more good talent. They have picks galore. You can do both. That's why you build up all these extra picks to begin with. Gives you options when your wr core is so depleted.
With Harvin coming back soon I expect Baalke to make his counter move as he has done all season. It's almost to be expected by this point.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
With Harvin coming back soon I expect Baalke to make his counter move as he has done all season. It's almost to be expected by this point.

Harbaalke will counter with Crabtree being activated.
I see the packers being the dark horses here and snatching gordon right up. No Jones, no Corn on the Cobb, and now no finley...they need a good wr bad