LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Prediction: 3 teams have talked to Browns about Josh Gordon which includes a pick and a player. I expect Manningham being traded along with a pick for Josh Gordon

I don't think Lombardi would put much value on a recently rehabbed WR with an expiring contract. LMJ and a pick for Gordon would be a bit more realistic IMO. It could give Norv Turner a new Sproles.

It's fun to think about, but I doubt a deal gets done . . . or maybe that's why LMJ has been on the shelf.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
is this still going on,, despite the knashing of the teeth, this is not going to take place,, if we wanted gordon, it would have been done already, the team figures they are fine now and will even be better with mario coming back and then crabs. based upon the fact the team has won four games in a row, imposed our will on teams, won by double digits four games in a row for the first time since 1997 and are quite possibly the best team in the nfl no one is talking about, i am very ok with his strategy.. and the people who are ok giving a first rounder for this guy ,, lol

lol
I'd trade a #2 rb for a #1 wr....this team needs some speed & big play ability badly. Niners have all these draft picks and its time to pawn some off for good.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'd trade a #2 rb for a #1 wr....this team needs some speed & big play ability badly. Niners have all these draft picks and its time to pawn some off for good.

why not in the draft instead
Originally posted by xtm059:

Because we are trying to win this season
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by xtm059:

Because Josh Gordon is still young and very productive. He would be a nice safety valve if the 9ers loss Crabtree.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Rascal:
I would hate that trade, a 1st for a guy who is 1 mistake from a 1yr suspension, and no guarantee he will help win a super bowl. Everyone assumes he is the savior, when he isnt.

And Boldin is better than Gordon, so Crabs, Boldin, and Patton is better core IMO. But just what I think.

You've lost me there. What is this comparison between Boldin and Gordon about ? Boldin is not a deep threat wideout, Gordon is. They possess different skill sets, is like comparing apples with oranges. Boldin is not fast enough to burn DBs on the outside for the deep routes, if he was it would have happened by now. Boldin is a great receiver up to an intermediate range of around 25 yards, no question about that.

I'm just saying. In general I rather have Boldin on a 3yr deal, and Crabs on a long term deal, then Gordon, and rooks. I rather proven vets, and a few rooks to learn from them.

But, I think you are missing the point. Sometimes, a good organization has to be able to make tactical as well as strategic decisions. We need help NOW, planning for 2014 and beyond is a whole different discussion altogether. We can re-sign Boldin and draft at least 2 WRs going forward, but that won't help our position in this season. Also, is unwise to automatically assume Mario and Crab will be balling from the word go right after they come back, is just unrealistic.
I would hate that trade, a 1st for a guy who is 1 mistake from a 1yr suspension, and no guarantee he will help win a super bowl. Everyone assumes he is the savior, when he isnt.

And Boldin is better than Gordon, so Crabs, Boldin, and Patton is better core IMO. But just what I think.

You've lost me there. What is this comparison between Boldin and Gordon about ? Boldin is not a deep threat wideout, Gordon is. They possess different skill sets, is like comparing apples with oranges. Boldin is not fast enough to burn DBs on the outside for the deep routes, if he was it would have happened by now. Boldin is a great receiver up to an intermediate range of around 25 yards, no question about that.

I'm just saying. In general I rather have Boldin on a 3yr deal, and Crabs on a long term deal, then Gordon, and rooks. I rather proven vets, and a few rooks to learn from them.

But, I think you are missing the point. Sometimes, a good organization has to be able to make tactical as well as strategic decisions. We need help NOW, planning for 2014 and beyond is a whole different discussion altogether. We can re-sign Boldin and draft at least 2 WRs going forward, but that won't help our position in this season. Also, is unwise to automatically assume Mario and Crab will be balling from the word go right after they come back, is just unrealistic.

I'm not too confident in baalke and this scouting staff to draft a wr worth a damn, still pisses me off seeing randle doing something while we took freaking Jenkins trying to be f**king cute
Then sitting there lying to our face "he will be a darn good player" we knew better! (Jenkins)
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Because Josh Gordon is still young and very productive. He would be a nice safety valve if the 9ers loss Crabtree.

And/or Boldin since there is no guarantee he'll re-sign particularly with the year he's having.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Oct 21, 2013 at 10:24 PM ]

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Prediction: 3 teams have talked to Browns about Josh Gordon which includes a pick and a player. I expect Manningham being traded along with a pick for Josh Gordon

I don't think Lombardi would put much value on a recently rehabbed WR with an expiring contract. LMJ and a pick for Gordon would be a bit more realistic IMO. It could give Norv Turner a new Sproles.

It's fun to think about, but I doubt a deal gets done . . . or maybe that's why LMJ has been on the shelf.

Great alternative we just need a deep threat I hope we get him either way.
I will say Gordon has a ton of potential, but he hasn't proven that it's worth sending a high draft pick, plus a player for him. I would not trade a 2nd and LMJ or a 3rd and LMJ for him, nor Hunter for him.

People need to realize we are a Run 1st team, we dont use 3 WR sets, I know MM and Crabs may not be hitting on all cylinders so to speak when back. But they already know the playbook, Gordon would need to learn it. It's not like Madden, where a player is instantly on the field. Yes Gordon would be great to have, I just dont see the use in trading for him, when we have both MM and Crabs coming back.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter7m
At least 3 teams have contacted Browns about deal for WR Josh Gordon; two have standing offers of a high pick and a player. Browns balking.

Hopefully we are one of those teams. Maybe Lamichael James is apart of our trade proposal. Maybe he hasn't been playing because we want to keep him healthy for the trade... You never know...

Please get Josh Gordon!! That'd be so awesome

Yea, just came here to post i saw on espn that they have and are receiving offers. Just get it done. I dont care if it costs our first rounder, i would be happy. Crabtree, Gordon, Patton, Baldwin is much more appealing for next season, than the group is without Gordon. Gordon is something we havent had in a WR in years, i would gamble.

Exactly... Get the f**kin deal done Baalke! Don't pass this s**t up. Dude is big, fast, and good.

Gordon is a different WR all together. Its pretty obvious by how often we go deep that we want to stretch the field, we just dont have anyone besides VD that can do so.

His first 100 yard game and everyone on these forums would be all over his jock.

I will repeat this again, he is not a criminal. He had/has a problem with codeine. From all reports i am hearing he is making an honest attempt to get his life together. Maybe a change of scenery and a winning team will help speed that recovery.
I dont think it happens. At this point, with so many other teams needing a WR... see Green Bay, New England, Colts... the Niners would need to overbid to get him and thats just not Balkee's style. If they wanted him, they would have traded for him already. Maybe they were waiting to gain leverage and have the Browns lower their asking price, but it may have backfired with the WR's teams lost yesterday.
Also where does he fit in, we hardly use 3 WR sets, and if we do, its gonna be Boldin, Crabs and Mario. Also you deal LMJ, who returns, we keep Kyle Williams still, who cant get more than 5 yards, and fair catches with guys 15 yards away from him?

Patton? Baldwin? Wont get cut, no room to save, and Osgood is a keeper, whether people want to admit it, I rather cut Williams, then Osgood, who has been dynamite as a ST Ace.

I just dont see it happening, and we shouldn't get mad at Baalke, we have 2 WRs coming back soon, and we shouldn't give into demands, either Cleveland's or Fans.

Like i said, Gordon is a totally different WR than anyone currently on our roster. We dont know what Crabtree is gonna look like when he comes back, and Manningham would not get playing time over Gordon. Not to mention we have to look at the future.

I love Boldin. He is one of my favorite WR's all time. But Crabtree/Gordon is an upgrade to this offense over Crabtree/Boldin. Gordon would simply open sooo many other options in the passing game. If we can resign Boldin for a fair deal to both parties, than you bring him back and let him play in the slot.
Share 49ersWebzone