LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
this trade should be a no brainer, baalke needs to stop being stingy with his picks. if we give a 2nd for gordon we dont have to draft a receiver in the 2nd round of the draft. this dude is young, hes a beast and hes cheap. i highly doubt a guy on his rookie deal will push it if hes already been threatened with a year suspension, he doesnt have the big money nest egg to fall back on and we have some great leaders on this team, i think with the aldon smith thing everyones gonna have hightened awareness for stuff like that. get it done baalke, were not gonna bring in 20 rookies next draft and were gonna take a receiver high anyway

Imagine going into January with 4 WR sets + VD spreading out the Seattle defense:

QB: Kaep
WR: Gordon
WR: Boldin
WR: Crabtree
WR: Manningham
TE: Davis
Questions for Jordan and all the other posters hoping that we trade a 2nd round pick for Josh Gordon:

If you were a Browns fan, would you want to see this trade go through?

If you were the Browns would you make this deal and if so, why?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:

As for Gordon I think what would hold up a deal is this: The only reason the Browns would think about trading him is because of that 1 slip up and him getting a 1 year suspension. I bet we are offering possibly what they want (a 2nd or maybe a 3rd and extra) but I bet we are asking for a conditional term if he gets suspended. So we give a 2nd but it turns into a 4th if he gets suspended this year or the Browns keep our 2nd and give us back a 3rd if he gets suspended any time in the length of his contract. Anyways, back to the Browns they are probably saying no condition on the trade. They probably said a 2nd no matter what even if he gets suspended for a year. You take the risk. They figure why trade the guy if we are going to just end up with a mid to late round pick if he gets suspended. We might as well just keep him and take the chance ourselves for that. Of course Baalke's probably saying I need a conditional pick in there so that's what would stop the trade in my opinion.

A couple things to think about: We would have Gordon 2 1/2 years if he didnt get suspended which isn't too bad compared to a guy like Nicks who might be a 1/2 year rental for say a 3rd where Gordon would be a 2nd. Even if Gordon got suspended a year though we'd still have him about 1 1/2 years. Problem is though if the guy sits out a year what happens to him? Does he lose focus in football, does he come back out of shape. We might not see him back. That being said at least he is proven. I know some of you would say well let's just go get someone like Sammy Watkins and trade our 1, 2, 2, 3 to move up to the high 1st round. Well that seems a lot more risky than Gordon to me. Even if we have him 4 or 5 years instead of 2 1/2 with Gordon. I am fine if we don't make the trade then we have to hope Manningham and Crabtree come back close to their old selves. If we do it gives us options on if we bring back Boldin and/or Manningham and maybe we get a discount from them since we would have leverage then. Also, gives us an option in case we can't re-sign Crabtree. Maybe Gordon would re-sign a lot cheaper. Could give us leverage against Crabtree as well. There are a lot of things to take into consideration with a trade for Gordon.

Trading for Gordon is a risk. One more bust, and he is suspended for a minimum of one year.

If he gets his head on straight, it would be a good trade.
But, it would not be a good trade if Gordon gets suspended.

We have no idea what has actually been discussed between the Browns and the 49ers.

We can make any speculation that we want. I am going to speculate that the trade does not happen.

If it does happen, I will hope that it works out well.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Imagine going into January with 4 WR sets + VD spreading out the Seattle defense:

This ^^^^ that is the 49ers receiver core that astute football opinions covet! Gordon & Boldin get the job done at the wideout position until Manningham & Crabtree are ready to return to form. Heading into the playoffs with everyone healthy that is a phenominal 49ers WR group. Also that is WR group the 49ers should also be able to retain under the cap for the 2014 season. It's a no brainer elite WR core that Baalke should be targeting to put together. He's got the picks 49ers don't have the cap room or the roster spots to keep 13 picks you make the deal for Gordon with a conditional pick coming back if he is suspended and I don't believe Gordon throws away his career at this point. He had 1 positive weed test in college in 2011 & took the wrong cough syrup big f**king deal make the trade already Baalke yo fool before another team does.
  • titan
  • Veteran
^Good size WR also that can battle those DB's Seattle have. The intimidation swag won't be a factor with that group.
Originally posted by English:
Questions for Jordan and all the other posters hoping that we trade a 2nd round pick for Josh Gordon:

Why the heck did the Browns trade a young stud 2nd year RB in Trent Richardson? For draft picks to build for the future? I don't understand this logic because he's an effin 2nd year player. He must not fit their overall scheme forecast. They can very well do the same with Gordon. And they apparently fielded trade offers for Gordon...so why not pull the trigger?

Why the heck did the Browns trade a young stud 2nd year RB in Trent Richardson? For draft picks to build for the future? I don't understand this logic because he's an effin 2nd year player. He must not fit their overall scheme forecast. They can very well do the same with Gordon. And they apparently fielded trade offers for Gordon...so why not pull the trigger?

Well, they seem to be denying any attempt to trade Gordon. And just because they have traded one player, why should this mean others are available?
49ers are interested in Gordon we know the 2 teams have talked trade and there are enough credible insider reports from NFL analyst's that Gordon is available despite the Browns BS leaks Gordon is not on the market they are just trying to drive Gordon's value up.

It all comes down to Baalke getting a trade done before the Seahawks Pats or Packers swing a deal. And the Packers get a good look at Gordon Sunday vs Browns. Look at Gordon's numbers this year with Weeden...with CK7 this guy is a lock top 10 NFL WR! I think Gordon gets traded by the trade deadline.
Well, they seem to be denying any attempt to trade Gordon. And just because they have traded one player, why should this mean others are available?

its the f**king browns man why wouldnt all their players be for sale? factory of sadness
AGAIN!!!!!!!!! "We are not trading Percy Harvin!" Vikings GM Speilman. (standard blarney from NFL GM's for trade leverage duh)

And when Harvin gets into sync with the Seahawks offense it will be a war to win the NFC West division for the 49ers and avoid Seattle in Seattle in the playoffs.

"We are not trading Revis!" NY Jets just days prior to trading Revis to Tampa Bay.
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
"We are not trading Revis!" NY Jets just days prior to trading Revis to Tampa Bay.

Interesting logic. This proves that the Browns are actively seeking to trade Gordon?

If they want to trade him at this stage in his career and for slightly less than they paid for him draft-wise, they know something we don't.
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:

Interesting logic. This proves that the Browns are actively seeking to trade Gordon?

If they want to trade him at this stage in his career and for slightly less than they paid for him draft-wise, they know something we don't.

Dude, we're just speculating and hoping. Of course we don't know what the eff is going on down in the trenches. We've been surprised up the ass with the roster moves our very own coaching staff has been implementing. But the matter of the fact is that Josh Gordon is a talent, is showing production on the field, and his name has been involved in trade rumors whether they're legit or not. So that glimmer of hope for us couch GM's is all we need :) Stop playing Devil's advocate.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
this trade should be a no brainer, baalke needs to stop being stingy with his picks. if we give a 2nd for gordon we dont have to draft a receiver in the 2nd round of the draft. this dude is young, hes a beast and hes cheap. i highly doubt a guy on his rookie deal will push it if hes already been threatened with a year suspension, he doesnt have the big money nest egg to fall back on and we have some great leaders on this team, i think with the aldon smith thing everyones gonna have hightened awareness for stuff like that. get it done baalke, were not gonna bring in 20 rookies next draft and were gonna take a receiver high anyway

we don't 4 WR sets. This team doesn't know how.
Dude, we're just speculating and hoping. Of course we don't know what the eff is going on down in the trenches. We've been surprised up the ass with the roster moves our very own coaching staff has been implementing. But the matter of the fact is that Josh Gordon is a talent, is showing production on the field, and his name has been involved in trade rumors whether they're legit or not. So that glimmer of hope for us couch GM's is all we need :) Stop playing Devil's advocate.

This ^^^
Share 49ersWebzone