LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nc49erfan:
id much rather have gorden then kyle or marlon make the deal!!!

You dont know the price tag, they may want either a 1st, or multiple 2nd's, 3rds, etc.... A 1 is not worth it. He is 1 hit away from 1yr suspension. No guarantee he makes a difference, and we win the 6th.

Blackmon wont happen, his deal is guaranteed, and they would need to pay him top 10 money after 2015. Pay Crabs or Blackmon top 10 money, your choice.

And Boldin will be back, he well worth the $6M salary he is making, he is making plays, while all other WRs suck. Why do people think we wont retain Boldin, and why does everyone think we can simply trade for a WR. You need 2 to tango. Gordon or Nicks will cost a lot, and then a contract extension. Both are basically rentals. If Gordon is here, and screws up mid season, he is gone. Nicks is a FA after 2013, he leaves for the money. Boldin is better. Just stick with what we have, and wait for Mario, and Crabs to return. It's the only thing that makes sense. The FO wont be foolish to give into demands of fans, and other teams. I am 110% sure, no one knows a damn thing about what value a player is worth other than Baalke and the FO. We are all wannabe GMs, with no real knowledge.
Our pass yards per game is 31st.
Our receiving yards per game is 32nd.

Now I hope Manningham and Crabs come back and turn it on like they're never left but if they don't then what happens?

We have a qb with all the talent in the world and if we keep saying "later, later" we're going to ruin his confidence.

You can have all the talent in the world, but if you're not playing with confidence, or, the swagger a qb should than you could really affect your progress.

I say get Josh Gordon, plan the parade, and if he gets suspended, hopefully its next year and I wouldn't care as long as we take the gold suckaaaaaaaaa.
trade roman to tampa for two 2nd round picks after they fire shiano (sp)
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

You dont know the price tag, they may want either a 1st, or multiple 2nd's, 3rds, etc.... A 1 is not worth it. He is 1 hit away from 1yr suspension. No guarantee he makes a difference, and we win the 6th.

Blackmon wont happen, his deal is guaranteed, and they would need to pay him top 10 money after 2015. Pay Crabs or Blackmon top 10 money, your choice.

And Boldin will be back, he well worth the $6M salary he is making, he is making plays, while all other WRs suck. Why do people think we wont retain Boldin, and why does everyone think we can simply trade for a WR. You need 2 to tango. Gordon or Nicks will cost a lot, and then a contract extension. Both are basically rentals. If Gordon is here, and screws up mid season, he is gone. Nicks is a FA after 2013, he leaves for the money. Boldin is better. Just stick with what we have, and wait for Mario, and Crabs to return. It's the only thing that makes sense. The FO wont be foolish to give into demands of fans, and other teams. I am 110% sure, no one knows a damn thing about what value a player is worth other than Baalke and the FO. We are all wannabe GMs, with no real knowledge.

Great post. I cant understand why some fans cant see the big picture, and always want the newest name on the market. Yes, I'm big on Gordon, but no more than a 3rd, and the Browns wont go for that. Blackmon, thats funny. No way we would give what they are asking. This isnt the old Redskins, we retain our own. We dont deal for other teams players, we dont overspend in FA, maybe the fans dream about some big name here, but they dont understand we cant just turn the cap off.

BTW, you, Gore21, and NCcommand are the closest we have to a real GM around here, thanks to all of you for trying, I do say trying, to keep everything sane around here when it comes to drafts and roster moves.
Originally posted by rammer:

Now I hope Manningham and Crabs come back and turn it on like they're never left but if they don't then what happens?

We have a qb with all the talent in the world and if we keep saying "later, later" we're going to ruin his confidence.

You can have all the talent in the world, but if you're not playing with confidence, or, the swagger a qb should than you could really affect your progress.

I say get Josh Gordon, plan the parade, and if he gets suspended, hopefully its next year and I wouldn't care as long as we take the gold suckaaaaaaaaa.

And if he gets suspended and we don't get the gold then what??? Is it worth losing that draft pick? Some fans....
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:

AND they have to throw Vincent Jackson in the mix... Do the deal, Baalky, DO IT!!
  • eman
  • Veteran
remember yall..... cris carter was traded out of Philly for drug use (cocaine?) and being difficult to coach, and now he is a hall of famer and possibly one of the three greatest wide receivers of all time along with Jerry and Randy.

So what if we trade away a second to get Josh Gordon? we have spent end of 1st/2nd rd picks on the likes of Lamichael James, Aj Jenkins, and Taylor Mays. Josh Gordon has the talent but only question is suspension issue, so I am sure this is worth a risk. We would not have to spend a high 1st/2nd rd pick and get someone in Rd 3 or 4 and hope he doesnt get himself in trouble, but if so we would have Crabs/Patton/Rookie 3rd or 4th rd pick.

thoughts?????

You can have all the talent in the world, but if you're not playing with confidence, or, the swagger a qb should than you could really affect your progress. .

We just have to face it. The passing game is bad, and the coaches could really care less about making it better. Or at least, that's how it seems. They're banking HEAVILY that Manningham and Crabtree will just fix all the issues we've been having. They could scheme guys open better, but they would just rather use jumbo sets all the time. I know our run game is great, but that won't win us a Super Bowl. You've got to be able to move the ball through the air.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

AND they have to throw Vincent Jackson in the mix... Do the deal, Baalky, DO IT!!

yeah why not, we need trade to Vincent Jackson for us by 2nd round picks then do it.. We need trade crabtree and 3 round picks to Brandon marshall!.. Do it... I wish...
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Oct 18, 2013 at 9:56 PM ]

Very good ur exactly the point that bold words this!... I never heard about Gordon for while because he is not best yet. Nicks was still gave up for Giants when they are bad games and poor at NY Giants. .. They are not worth for us.. If he didn't help for us when he stole the moneys that he leaves for the moneys that he didn't help us to get a wins games! I am glad that 49ers did learn the less and finally did release Harper because 49ers know that he was delay of time. He don't work hard and his lazy to play when keep his earn the moneys? then that is dumb. Let 49ers players heard about release harper. They learned less and keep focus to plays and get a win games.. =)

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
And if he gets suspended and we don't get the gold then what??? Is it worth losing that draft pick? Some fans....

Sometimes you just have to take a chance. Contracts are coming up and it'll be difficult so dress a team as deep as this every year. Plus, we have so many draft picks it won't be difficult to trade back into which ever round we give up a pick. Half the guys we draft are going on waivers or being cut anyways. Lets just go for it while our window is open. I don't want to keep saying next yr.

I want to say "quest for seven" next yr.
[ Edited by rammer on Oct 18, 2013 at 10:51 PM ]
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:

You can have all the talent in the world, but if you're not playing with confidence, or, the swagger a qb should than you could really affect your progress. .

We just have to face it. The passing game is bad, and the coaches could really care less about making it better. Or at least, that's how it seems. They're banking HEAVILY that Manningham and Crabtree will just fix all the issues we've been having. They could scheme guys open better, but they would just rather use jumbo sets all the time. I know our run game is great, but that won't win us a Super Bowl. You've got to be able to move the ball through the air.

^^
Originally posted by frozen49er:

Great post. I cant understand why some fans cant see the big picture, and always want the newest name on the market. Yes, I'm big on Gordon, but no more than a 3rd, and the Browns wont go for that. Blackmon, thats funny. No way we would give what they are asking. This isnt the old Redskins, we retain our own. We dont deal for other teams players, we dont overspend in FA, maybe the fans dream about some big name here, but they dont understand we cant just turn the cap off.

BTW, you, Gore21, and NCcommand are the closest we have to a real GM around here, thanks to all of you for trying, I do say trying, to keep everything sane around here when it comes to drafts and roster moves.

Kinda blushing, lol. I try to act like a GM, well Marathe style. Cap way. Make sure the cap is in order before we make a move. Need cap space to sign players after all.

Gore_21 is a good guy, knows the roster inside and out. And NCommand, I use to go at it with him, he is a good guy. Smart too. He is calm and cautious like me.

On topic, I just dont see Blackmon, he has too much guaranteed money left, we tried to get away when we traded Jenkins away. No way we take on a fully guaranteed deal, plus he has a 1yr option in 2016 for top 10 money. He is also a idiot at times.

Gordon has talent, but was NOTHING till he came on this year. He showed stuff in 2012, but he has issues. Off the field are the worse. I know some say, well if we get him we win #6, and he gets suspended, it's worth it, well it isnt, especially if we end up not winning 6th, and end up middle of whatever round pick(s) we give up. Then we are screwed, cause he is a headcase.

I said this in another thread, off topic, those 5th yr options are tough. Aldon has one, not sure if picked up, but if not, I would decline, he hasn't proven off the field he is a Top 10 Money OLB, on field, sure. But off the field, he needs cleaning up. I hope he comes back this year, cause we need to exercise it or decline by march 2014, when new league year begins.

Obviously, Reid right now will get his option picked up in 2017, but an extension will be in order. You know me, keeping track of cap numbers, and looking towards the future. And my draft website,

Kinda blushing, lol. I try to act like a GM, well Marathe style. Cap way. Make sure the cap is in order before we make a move. Need cap space to sign players after all.

Gore_21 is a good guy, knows the roster inside and out. And NCommand, I use to go at it with him, he is a good guy. Smart too. He is calm and cautious like me.

On topic, I just dont see Blackmon, he has too much guaranteed money left, we tried to get away when we traded Jenkins away. No way we take on a fully guaranteed deal, plus he has a 1yr option in 2016 for top 10 money. He is also a idiot at times.

Gordon has talent, but was NOTHING till he came on this year. He showed stuff in 2012, but he has issues. Off the field are the worse. I know some say, well if we get him we win #6, and he gets suspended, it's worth it, well it isnt, especially if we end up not winning 6th, and end up middle of whatever round pick(s) we give up. Then we are screwed, cause he is a headcase.

I said this in another thread, off topic, those 5th yr options are tough. Aldon has one, not sure if picked up, but if not, I would decline, he hasn't proven off the field he is a Top 10 Money OLB, on field, sure. But off the field, he needs cleaning up. I hope he comes back this year, cause we need to exercise it or decline by march 2014, when new league year begins.

Obviously, Reid right now will get his option picked up in 2017, but an extension will be in order. You know me, keeping track of cap numbers, and looking towards the future. And my draft website,

Gordon had 50 receptions, 806 yards, 16.1 average and 5 td's last year as a rookie.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Gordon had 50 receptions, 806 yards, 16.1 average and 5 td's last year as a rookie.

Thanks, I personally never heard of him till this year. Not being sarcastic. I knew he was a supp draft pick by Cleveland, didn't think he did much in rook year. He seems to have exploded this year. Maybe why they are looking to max his value. I just dont see it as smart, with 1 stupid mistake away from a year long suspension.
Share 49ersWebzone