Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you trade....

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
Originally posted by buck:
Josh Gordon won't be traded by Browns, Chud says

The same stance that was taken earlier in the week applies today: The Browns might not be actively shopping Gordon, but they sure can listen.

Some off-field concerns and suspension risks make any Gordon trade tricky, especially if it involves a high draft pick.

Still, that won't stop general manager Michael Lombardi and CEO Joe Banner from listening to offers, regardless of how many times the coach brushes aside the notion of a trade.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000259692/article/josh-gordon-wont-be-traded-by-browns-chud-says

GM's are full of disinformation all the time when it comes to trading players any sports fan should know dat...

Thank you. I had no idea.
I understand that the front office of the Dirty Birds has said they don't want to deal Tony Gonzalez but could you imagine him on the Niners? A two tight end set with him and VD would be unstoppable. Is there any shot they start fielding offers?
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
I understand that the front office of the Dirty Birds has said they don't want to deal Tony Gonzalez but could you imagine him on the Niners? A two tight end set with him and VD would be unstoppable. Is there any shot they start fielding offers?

They'd both would probably be on the line blocking for frank

Salary cap.

So no chance at all.

Your best option is Madden if you ever want to see that brother! But don't be surprise if Madden rejects your offer too.
Pure rosterbation on my part. Forgive me.

Any news on the Seymour front? We could use more depth with McDonald hampered by injury.
[ Edited by HarbaughzDeep on Oct 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM ]
Pure rosterbation on my part. Forgive me.

Any news on the Seymour front? We could use more depth with McDonald hampered by injury.

We inquired I believe and he wants more than we offered. We have a little over 1 million in cap space left and he wants probably 4-5 or more. He's got 3 rings so don't expect him to come back just to win a ring. I'd forget him.

Also, back to trades. Seems like we can forget about Gordon. I think it would have happened already if it was going to although trade deadline isn't until after week 8. Unless Manningham would come back and be totally ineffective and the Browns were out of the wildcard and the division race don't see us re-visiting it. Seems like we are just going to hold out until the reinforcements get here for the DL and WR spots. I don't expect James to be moved and don't expect anyone to want to trade for Nnamdi. Guy has next to no value. I'd say a 7th would be pushing it... at best would be a swap of 7ths. Not knocking him just with his age and 6 weeks in doesn't make sense for a team to trade for him. They would probably wait for us to cut him if they wanted him. If they expect something from Wright we will either cut Morris or Asomugha because we are already at 6 CBs. If we like Morris' talent then maybe we shouldn't cut him although might be nice to see what Wright has before cutting Asomugha. He hasn't played that bad imo and he might be better than Wright.
Updates for trades.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24077099/thirdround-pick-for-kenny-britt-teams-balking-at-titans-asking-price
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24077085/team-preparing-bids-for-giants-wide-receiver-hakeen-nicks

Like I said doubt we trade for anyone and if we did I'd take Gordon before Britt and Nicks because he is signed through 2014 and 2015. Biggest problem with these 2 guys is they are FA's after this year and Nicks will want a lot of money and Britt will want more than he's worth. Both would have to get signed to long term deals, tagged (can't afford) or would end up being 1/2 year rentals. Titans are apparently looking for a 3rd for Britt which no way I would pay for a half year rental with off the field problems and injuries. Not to mention he has 6 rec for 52 yards and 0 tds on the year. I'm sure we did our due diligence and asked what they wanted but I wouldn't give up more than a 7th for him. He's right around our remaining cap contract wise but still don't see it happening.

As for Nick's if we traded for him now we'd owe a little over 1.5 of his 2.7 mil so we'd have to work the cap around a bit or cut someone. According to La Confora we had internal discussions but didn't reach out to the Giants yet. I just don't see this happening either. The main reason is because he is a FA after this year and we don't have the money to re-sign him. He will want more than he's worth and Id rather keep Crabtree who is familiar with us. He's had some injuries too. Giants could be looking for a 3rd and then some. To me if we would trade for someone I'll take Gordon for a 2nd or 3rd (and extra) with a condition that we get something back if he gets suspended a year and still have him for 2014 and 2015 over Nicks for 1/2 a year. If we traded for him I don't think we could afford to tag him and if we re-signed him long term it would probably mean bye bye Crabtree and that wouldn't make sense. Again, just don't see this one happening either. Expect us to stick with what we have and wait for reinforcements.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 13, 2013 at 7:20 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Sources tell CBS that the Titans have been attempting to get a third-round draft pick for Kenny Britt.
Predictably, potential suitors are scoffing at that asking price. Britt has been among the league's worst wideouts when on the field, has a long history of off-field issues and his contract is up after this season. Jason La Canfora says something like a fifth-round pick is more realistic. The Titans, who have sharply reduced Britt's role, could very well end up accepting that meager return around the Oct. 29 trade deadline. The Lions, 49ers and Patriots are candidates to take a flier.
Source: CBS Sports

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/272795/report-titans-want-3rd-rounder-for-wr-britt

I would pass on Britt.
[ Edited by buck on Oct 13, 2013 at 7:35 AM ]
Gordon beasts out again today in Browns loss 7 catches 126 yards Gordon is the real deal!!.

Just make the trade conditional if Gordon gets suspended 49ers get something coming back our way via a pick and get this trade done!!!!!!
why would they trade gordon if hes over 120 yards every week?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
why would they trade gordon if hes over 120 yards every week?

Browns are crazy at the moment, but they are stalking draft picks. They've written off the season already effectively and Gordon not fitting them there.
If I'm the Browns I'd have a hard time trading him for anymore less than a low 1st. I'd keep him. Too bad Jaguars weren't interested in moving Blackmon. I'm reaching for straws at this point and seems like we are down to Greg Little who is just ok and Hakeem Nicks who will be a 1/2 year rental.
I would give up a first for Gordon right now.

Doesnt look likely though the longer he balls out. Had we made the trade two weeks ago we would have gotten a steal.
Originally posted by buck:
Sources tell CBS that the Titans have been attempting to get a third-round draft pick for Kenny Britt.
Predictably, potential suitors are scoffing at that asking price. Britt has been among the league's worst wideouts when on the field, has a long history of off-field issues and his contract is up after this season. Jason La Canfora says something like a fifth-round pick is more realistic. The Titans, who have sharply reduced Britt's role, could very well end up accepting that meager return around the Oct. 29 trade deadline. The Lions, 49ers and Patriots are candidates to take a flier.
Source: CBS Sports

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/272795/report-titans-want-3rd-rounder-for-wr-britt

I would pass on Britt.

Hell no, Britt is a headache llke Gordon, but not as dynamic as Gordon. a 3rd is too much. a 5th or 6th at most.