There are 167 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gordon is a stud and I'd release Manningham in a heart beat to get this done.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

wtf manningham??? Release Williams first ha
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Broseph6:
This needs to happen! Now! Winners make moves losers stand pat

Please no
Originally posted by Rascal:
That's right. If we are determined try to go all the way this year then we will have to make bold moves to make it happen. Even if is a short-termed tactical as opposed to strategic move. Forget about Gordon's off-field issues for now, all we need is for him to ball out for us until the end of this season. The Super Bowl is an incredibly difficult prize to attatin, you got to make sure you got your ground covered to field the best possible team in all phases of the game.

With you all the way great points!!

Those in the minority who don't want to give up a 2nd for Gordon have a desire to play the Seahawks in Seattle in the playoffs. Because our status quo wr core and passing attack is crap and the possibility of our passing game getting shut down again like vs Seattle and vs Colts and we losing more games is a huge concern.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

wtf manningham??? Release Williams first ha

Right!? I wouldn't mind getting Gordon either.
  • buck
  • Veteran

And of course all the teams that make moves are winners, right?

Gordon is a good player with great potential and a whole lot of baggage.

My sense is that his baggage is excessive enough to make a trade for him a bad risk.

I would rather keep the 2nd round pick.
Look at the situation:
Is WR a need in next years draft? Yes.
Is there a player of his caliber available, in the 2nd round in that draft? Unknown.
Does our FO have a history of quality scouting of WRs? NO
Do we have room on the roster for even half of our picks in next years draft? No

Clear answer.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
I guess my question is this: Is Gordon the missing piece to the puzzle ala Deion Sanders? If he really is, you trade the second round pick. If not, you take a pass.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fropwns:
I guess my question is this: Is Gordon the missing piece to the puzzle ala Deion Sanders? If he really is, you trade the second round pick. If not, you take a pass.

He very well could be which is why take a chance. A move needs to get decided soon because with Julio Jones out for the season, who knows if ATL goes after Gordon.
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Look at the situation:
Is WR a need in next years draft? Yes.
Is there a player of his caliber available, in the 2nd round in that draft? Unknown.
Does our FO have a history of quality scouting of WRs? NO
Do we have room on the roster for even half of our picks in next years draft? No

Clear answer.

Well, you got two right out of four . Must try harder.

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

And of course all the teams that make moves are winners, right?

Gordon is a good player with great potential and a whole lot of baggage.

My sense is that his baggage is excessive enough to make a trade for him a bad risk.

I would rather keep the 2nd round pick.

Gordon would be a high risk but also a high reward trade. With so many picks that we have next draft, why wouldn't we chance it? There is no way the niners will draft 13 rookies. Makes more sense to shop the pick now for an explosive player rather than trade down for even more picks.

After the 2013 season, we will probably lose players due to Kaeps potential contract and not to mention we'll need to resign Iaputi and Aldon eventually. Gordon will make our WR corps better now even if Manningham isn't 100% the rest of the season and I won't be surprised if Crabs doesn't even come back this season, amid all the reports.
A 2nd rounder is a no go. Too much risk even for a front office loaded with multiple picks in '14. No doubt Gordon has value but hopefully Baalke is fleecing Lombardi around a package of a 3rd/4th and a later round incentive based pick.
TANK CARRADINE AND JOSH GORDON FOR ALEX SMITH
4. The Compensation Is Already A Luxury

Here, the "compensation" is a second-round pick. I'm calling it a luxury because the Kansas City Chiefs are 5-0 right now and getting at least eight wins seems incredibly likely. When the Chiefs get eight wins, the conditional draft pick involved in the Alex Smith trade becomes a second rounder. Given the way the 49ers have been drafting, trading said second rounder for Gordon seems like an incredibly smart bet, no? In short, the 49ers would be getting Tank Carradine and Josh Gordon for Alex Smith -- a backup quarterback.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/10/8/4814302/josh-gordon-trade-rumors-browns-49ers-michael-crabtree
Gordon is DEFINITELY worth our 2nd rounder.
Share 49ersWebzone