There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you trade....

Nice Post! I really do love a post with balls! It's an interesting thought. Bowman is the most underrated defender in the league. And, a Willis trade could give this team some velocity in other areas. My protest is only speculative: defense doesn't have a core singular identity, like offense does. It's more like the old Roman Republic, with two leaders, rather than one.

So, my main objection stems clearly from a cohesion view, as that the Niner's have their core leaders right now. Willis and J. Smith. Smith is a year to yearer right now, and Bowman is slated to replace Smith. D is statistically way behind this season, but don't kid yourself, we've got a top-5 D still. Can't imagine where we'd benefit from bailing on a Top-5 franchise level D, to help out in near-sighted holes that need filling.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:

Bowman is slated to replace Smith.

Could your clarify this ?
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
worst thread idea ever

wow do people actually know football?

because bowman had 1 monster game? do you know why? because willis wasn't in. if bowman wasn't in willis would have done the same thing. they take up stats.

maybe you don't understand how good our linebacker core is...

its the equivalent of having lebron james, kevin durant, russel westbrook and d.wade

everybody aint scoring 30 or putting up huge numbers because they guy next to them is so good it all evens out.

mods please close this thread

This....combined with the fact that the Rams run game is pure garbage, they were one dimensional from the start which we tend to thrive on. Bowman wouldn't of put up that kind of game vs the Seahawks or any other running team because he would of been negated. The Rams are just not good in the run game this year and their RB was a horrible pass protector as well. Not to take away from Bowman's great performance but if we can't stop the run with Willis and Bowman in there against GOOD running teams, which we can't, what makes you think we can stop the run with just Bowman??
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
This was obviously not going to be a popular idea in the forums. Epic Fail noob.

This is coo coo thinking.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

That about sums it up. I have to lock this to preserve the brain cells we still have.

Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by VDSF:
Titans are shopping the very unhappy Kenny Britt
yay baldwin and britt

championship

We'll have 3 big physical WR's

Britt 6'3
Baldwin 6'4
Boldin 6'1

Not including when Crabs and Ham return, Still wouldn't be a bad idea. Give Tenn a 4th rounder? give or take?

Thats just my own personal opinion
yay baldwin and britt

championship

Britt 6'3
Baldwin 6'4
Boldin 6'1

Not including when Crabs and Ham return, Still wouldn't be a bad idea. Give Tenn a 4th rounder? give or take?

Agreed. Either Britt or Gordon (6'3" too) is fine by me. It will help to tie us through this season at least.

Then, come draft time, add Brandon Coleman (6'6") and Jordan Matthews (6'3"), we should be able put our WR problems to bed.
Originally posted by Rascal:
yay baldwin and britt

championship

Britt 6'3
Baldwin 6'4
Boldin 6'1

Agreed. Either Britt or Gordon (6'3" too) is fine by me. It will help to tie us through this season at least.

Then, come draft time, add Brandon Coleman (6'6") and Jordan Matthews (6'3"), we should be able put our WR problems to bed.

Could we trade L.James (since he's already showing signs that he's not happy with his role) and a 3rd round pick to the Eagles for Desean Jackson? Leshaun McCoy is pretty beat up with injuries and they could use James, and we definitely can use DJax as a deep threat guy.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Could we trade L.James (since he's already showing signs that he's not happy with his role) and a 3rd round pick to the Eagles for Desean Jackson? Leshaun McCoy is pretty beat up with injuries and they could use James, and we definitely can use DJax as a deep threat guy.

Jackson is the only deep threat Philly has. I don't see it ever happening.

I would love to trade LMJ, the sooner we can unload him the better. He was a one of the bad picks of a disastrous 2012 draft. But, I am not keen on DeSean Jackson. Have to think about who else is there.

Has he already shown signs that he is not happy with his role ? I didn't know that. This is fantastic news cos Harbaugh hates it when a players complains about playing time. I didn't like it when Harbaugh did it to Brandon Jacobs cos I felt he could have contributed, but with James I am more than fine with it. It all depends what we can get back in return.
im all in for trading for Gordon but do the niners have the cap room to resign him?
Send James to Cleveland for Gordon. They are shopping him and need an RB.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Jackson is the only deep threat Philly has. I don't see it ever happening.
Not to mention Jackson is a dumbass punk..no thanks