Would you trade....

Originally posted by swayze:
Willis for Calvin Johnson and two 1sts

Now that trade I'll do lol
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by buck:
If we seriously consider the impact of two losses on the rationality of many posters, it seems clear the that we have a problem with premature mental ejaculation.

Like it or not, we have to face the facts.

1. We are 2-2.
2. Being 2-2 after two games is not particularly instructive.

I suggest calm.

Chilean wine does have a calming effect.

Hard liquor works faster.

I like single malt, but since I live in Chile the win is much cheaper.
Originally posted by Ntournahu82:
Willis is a tackling machine but he sucks at blitzing I dont think he could done what Bowman did. Bowman is future.

You're getting way over-emotional over ONE big performance by Bowman on a solo effort.

Two things you've been flat out wrong about:
1) Willis can't cover. Since when? One of the reasons his tackles have been down in recent years is because he's been matched up one on one with some of the best TE's in the league game in and game out. Did he win every battle? Hell no, but NOBODY wins against Tony Gonalez - he's the Jerry Rice of TE's. Very few people have any luck at all against the Grahams/Gronks/Wittens/ect.

2) Willis can't blitz. Wrong. Willis is rarely SENT on blitzes and, until the last game, the same applies to Bowman. Fangio is not a blitz happy guy. Everybody knows that. However, when Willis does blitz, he is VERY disruptive. You have to remember that the job of the blitzer is not always to get the sack. Half the time its to simply be disruptive and force and early throw or mistake or to simply take out the pass blocking RB.

And trading a potential H.O.F. LB for any WR not named Calvin Johnson is just...there's no words...
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ntournahu82:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
worst thread idea ever

wow do people actually know football?

because bowman had 1 monster game? do you know why? because willis wasn't in. if bowman wasn't in willis would have done the same thing. they take up stats.

maybe you don't understand how good our linebacker core is...

its the equivalent of having lebron james, kevin durant, russel westbrook and d.wade

everybody aint scoring 30 or putting up huge numbers because they guy next to them is so good it all evens out.

mods please close this thread
Willis is a tackling machine but he sucks at blitzing I dont think he could done what Bowman did. Bowman is future.

I am as stupid as a frigging rock, but I know the problems that we have are NOT with our line backers.

I could get plastic surgery to make me better looking, but as my daughter has told me plastic surgery would be a waste; it would not improve my personality.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 28, 2013 at 11:27 PM ]
If we seriously consider the impact of two losses on the rationality of many posters, it seems clear the that we have a problem with premature mental ejaculation.

1. We are 2-2.

I suggest calm.

Originally posted by LoneWolf:

1. We are 2-2.

I suggest calm.

Hard liquor works faster.

I like single malt, but since I live in Chile the win is much cheaper.

Wine ugh i need a real drink maybe jack daniels or bushmills .....
...Hakeem Nicks?
I think Bowman may fetch more of a return in a trade than willis as well.

3 years younger, lesser contract value, a bit better in coverage.

Not saying trade Bowman or anything like that, but just saying that other teams would prolly ask about bowman first imo
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Sep 28, 2013 at 11:30 PM ]

1. We are 2-2.

I suggest calm.

I wonder what would be the reaction if someone like Bruce Miller has a monster offensive game. 3 Catches from the backfield for 2 TDs and at least one 25 yard run - something like that could actually happen...heh.
Originally posted by trellblaze:
I wonder what would be the reaction if someone like Bruce Miller has a monster offensive game. 3 Catches from the backfield for 2 TDs and at least one 25 yard run - something like that could actually happen...heh.

Inevitably someone would suggest we trade Gore, because having 2 good players in the same backfield is overkill and we need to save money to extend Celek.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 28, 2013 at 11:34 PM ]
I dont Remember Bruce Miller ever getting any carries.Weird he is the FB and come to think of it i never seen him carry the ball.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Smoke a little dope, take a shot of good quality single malt, and drink a bit of good wine.

And get ready, because there is no predicting what is coming down the road..

And at the end of the day, be real. The worst that can happen is that we do not make the play-offs.

Football is a game. Enjoy it. People do not die because we have a bad season.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 28, 2013 at 11:39 PM ]
I am as stupid as a frigging rock, but I know the problems that we have are NOT with our line backers.

I could get plastic surgery to make me better looking, but as my daughter has told me plastic surgery would be a waste; it would not improve my personality.

sounds like you should trade your daughter
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by trellblaze:

Inevitably someone would suggest we trade Gore, because having 2 good players in the same backfield is overkill and we need to save money to extend Celek.

lolololol
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swayze:
sounds like you should trade your daughter

Not a chance. She is priceless.