Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
So is he playing sunday?

Prolly, unless they want to bench him, start Dahl, then trade Reid for pair of 2nd rounders

oh ok thatnks for the clarifacation

I would like to see the braintrust rest the kid for a game or two -- but I'm not sure if they will. If you bring him back too fast then you risk another concussion. And that means the kid is out for at least two or three games.

Not me if hes ok. I want to see him get 16 interceptions this season.

I'd be satisfied with 15 interceptions and a sound mind.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
So is he playing sunday?

Prolly, unless they want to bench him, start Dahl, then trade Reid for pair of 2nd rounders

oh ok thatnks for the clarifacation

I would like to see the braintrust rest the kid for a game or two -- but I'm not sure if they will. If you bring him back too fast then you risk another concussion. And that means the kid is out for at least two or three games.

He'll be fine.....
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yeah this is true. There are different grades of concussions if i remember correctly.

What's scary about this one though Reid doesn't remember the hit. It was similar to VD last year. VD was able to come back, although his job isn't to tackle and demolish players.

VD did not get knocked out. Reid knocked himself out by leaning his head to the side to avoid the new b******t NFL penalty. When you get knocked out, you lose your short term memory. It doesn't mean it was a worse concussion.

I knew that he got knocked out but did they confirm concussion? I was under the impression that he didnt have any ongoing symptoms.
Reid should not hit his body cuz its really get hurtful that really easy for him. Goldson can hit hard his body cuz he is too strong his body than Reid.. But Reid is only Rookie and need process his body builder about his body need strong rock for process times... Reid should hit hard his legs when he fall it down that really easy..
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Reid should not hit his body cuz its really get hurtful that really easy for him. Goldson can hit hard his body cuz he is too strong his body than Reid.. But Reid is only Rookie and need process his body builder about his body need strong rock for process times... Reid should hit hard his legs when he fall it down that really easy..

You're exhibiting the signs of a concussion.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yeah this is true. There are different grades of concussions if i remember correctly.

What's scary about this one though Reid doesn't remember the hit. It was similar to VD last year. VD was able to come back, although his job isn't to tackle and demolish players.

VD did not get knocked out. Reid knocked himself out by leaning his head to the side to avoid the new b******t NFL penalty. When you get knocked out, you lose your short term memory. It doesn't mean it was a worse concussion.

I knew that he got knocked out but did they confirm concussion? I was under the impression that he didnt have any ongoing symptoms.

Technically, almost any kind of blow to the head is a "concussion", if I'm not mistaken. It just depends on the severity of it. If he's not exhibiting any signs, then he probably doesn't have a worse concussion than anybody else who played last Sunday.

exactly what I was thinking bro

.....!!!!! Si???
What is the injury know as a concussion?

• An injury to the brain that occurs when a forceful motion of the head results in the alteration of mental status; such as confusion and memory loss pre or post the injury. (Reid did not recall the play leading to his concussion).
  • Loss of consciousness doesn't have to occur to make the injury a concussion.
  • Only 10% of concussions will have any loss of consciousness.
  • This instant transfer of kinetic energy and the trauma it causes result in physiologic dysfunction that induces neuro-metabolic changes
  • Metabolic changes cause the brain to spend all the available glucose on repair and that reduces the brain's overall ability to function.
  • These changes in metabolic function and the areas of the brain it happens in are the reason for the type of symptoms concussions produce.

http://www.lifequalityusa.org/brain-trauma-facts/what-is-a-concussion/
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

.....!!!!! Si???

BuZz being BuZz... you just have to roll with it
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

.....!!!!! Si???

what's so confusing? He's saying Reid hasn't developed the proper body type to lay the lumber like Goldson does. Reid needs to make proper form tackles instead of going for the big hits.

right buzz? i got u man.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

.....!!!!! Si???

what's so confusing? He's saying Reid hasn't developed the proper body type to lay the lumber like Goldson does. Reid needs to make proper form tackles instead of going for the big hits.

right buzz? i got u man.

I'm agreeing with you... it just can be a little confusing for new Zoners.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

.....!!!!! Si???

right buzz? i got u man.

I'm agreeing with you... it just can be a little confusing for new Zoners.
i speak BuzzB. took years of training.
So is he playing sunday?
Here's the latest thing I've read (from Matt Maiocco - http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-practice-report-reid-present-four-starters-sit):
Reid was back at practice on Wednesday, wearing a no-contact blue jersey. However, several other significant 49ers players did not take part in the early portion of practice.

Reid appears to be on pace to see action Sunday against the Colts. Reid must go through the mandatory NFL protocol to return to action. The final step is to undergo a "contact simulation," which typically takes place late in the week. If Reid makes it through the week without experiencing any post-concussion symptoms, he will be cleared to play Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts.

"It's been good, no setbacks," Harbaugh said. "Very much what he said after the game, he felt good, felt clear without any symptoms."
An INT a game is going to spoil us, if he doesn't get one against the Colts there will probably be people who seriously ask what is wrong with Reid.