There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by outside4949:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Plus once you have a concussion, its easier to get another, especially if you don't rest enough.

This is absolutely true. But at the sametime I think every single guy who plays in the nfl has had a concussion at some point in their football careers. Sometimes a concussion is just a concussion. now if he starts getting 1 on top of another we should worry.

Yeah this is true. There are different grades of concussions if i remember correctly.

What's scary about this one though Reid doesn't remember the hit. It was similar to VD last year. VD was able to come back, although his job isn't to tackle and demolish players.
Originally posted by outside4949:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
at that point in the game with people punching eachother in the head, body slamming and getting our ass kicked, whats the point? f**k the b*****ds up, theyre always injuring our players in seattle
Sometimes I wish we would just let the dogs bite in seattle. I hate those cheatin motherf**kers!

exactly. its not like they didnt do it to us. that clip they showed of boldin and sherman looked like an mma fight and then one of their db's body slammed patton as well. i wish we would go in there with a much more aggressive mentality. our team has a bunch of studs in the LB corpse, marshawn lynch should be getting destroyed but our guys play by the books usually.
Yup, that was thank you , MR Goodell. He is responsible for some good rules, crazy rules, and then a rule where you can't just tackle a guy. Sure he would have led with his head to a soft part of the ball carrier's body. Instead, he has to tilt his damn head, take a horrible lick with his neck in a devastatingly bad angle, and bingo, concussion.. One rule supposed to protect players that causes a concussion. You know what? Goodell is going to ruin pro football, and inadvertently get people injured in so doing. I think his time has come to leave. He is causing change, but as we all have seen, change isn't necessarily good. And here is one example.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yup, that was thank you , MR Goodell. He is responsible for some good rules, crazy rules, and then a rule where you can't just tackle a guy. Sure he would have led with his head to a soft part of the ball carrier's body. Instead, he has to tilt his damn head, take a horrible lick with his neck in a devastatingly bad angle, and bingo, concussion.. One rule supposed to protect players that causes a concussion. You know what? Goodell is going to ruin pro football, and inadvertently get people injured in so doing. I think his time has come to leave. He is causing change, but as we all have seen, change isn't necessarily good. And here is one example.

Goodell came on the recommendation of one George W Bush. I knew this guy was going to be an adventure to say the least
Yeah this is true. There are different grades of concussions if i remember correctly.

What's scary about this one though Reid doesn't remember the hit. It was similar to VD last year. VD was able to come back, although his job isn't to tackle and demolish players.

VD did not get knocked out. Reid knocked himself out by leaning his head to the side to avoid the new b******t NFL penalty. When you get knocked out, you lose your short term memory. It doesn't mean it was a worse concussion.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Any updates on the Reid we need him on Sunday after he left Whitner couldn't do it can't cover

Yeah. Why did he have to turn his head like that. Head up and finish the tackle....ughghh
There was nothing wrong with that tackle.

I was taught to put my nose straight into the defenders chest plate. Tilting the head to the side was never a part of football.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

I think someone is going to break their neck eventually. This awkward side shoulder bashing or whatever is going to cause some awful angles on these collisions.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Any updates on the Reid we need him on Sunday after he left Whitner couldn't do it can't cover

Yeah. Why did he have to turn his head like that. Head up and finish the tackle....ughghh

I was taught to put my nose straight into the defenders chest plate. Tilting the head to the side was never a part of football.

Yup that is dangerous. You need to set your neck and head inside the shoulder pads and keep the head up, making the pads, helmet and neck one solid line.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Yup that is dangerous. You need to set your neck and head inside the shoulder pads and keep the head up, making the pads, helmet and neck one solid line.

That's against the rules now. It's called "leading with the helmet".

There isn't a single sport on earth, where you turn your head away from your target.
Boxing, hockey, tennis, golf, basketball (sometimes they do a 'no look' pass), badminton, baseball, field hockey, ping pong, polo, water polo, hunting, fishing, cricket, lacrosse, soccer, darts, diving, frisbee, fetch, hiking, biking, MMA.

Oh WAIT. Rowing! In rowing they don't look at their target. Well, actually, never mind they do have the leader who directs the boat to the target. So scratch that.

Anyway, it is almost never a good idea to look away from your target. It is an an especially bad idea when making a tackle in football. If your head is sustaining hits from the side, you are opening yourself up to injury or worse.
I was taught several different things:

- Normal tackling form, if the player is upright, square the player up and tackle with your head up, wrapping up and keeping your legs churning, running through the opponent. Helmet above their left or right shoulder as you take them backwards to the ground.

- If the player is bigger than you, ALWAYS go low. Waist, or lower. Simple logic: the big player cannot continue moving if you take out what he uses to move -- his legs.

- NEVER launch with your head into a defender anywhere -- high or low.
So is he playing sunday?
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
So is he playing sunday?

Prolly, unless they want to bench him, start Dahl, then trade Reid for pair of 2nd rounders
Originally posted by ads_2006:
So is he playing sunday?

Prolly, unless they want to bench him, start Dahl, then trade Reid for pair of 2nd rounders

oh ok thatnks for the clarifacation
So is he playing sunday?

I would like to see the braintrust rest the kid for a game or two -- but I'm not sure if they will. If you bring him back too fast then you risk another concussion. And that means the kid is out for at least two or three games.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
So is he playing sunday?

I would like to see the braintrust rest the kid for a game or two -- but I'm not sure if they will. If you bring him back too fast then you risk another concussion. And that means the kid is out for at least two or three games.

Not me if hes ok. I want to see him get 16 interceptions this season.