Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Any updates on the Reid we need him on Sunday after he left Whitner couldn't do it can't cover

Yeah. Why did he have to turn his head like that. Head up and finish the tackle....ughghh

he looked promising but he will probably lose his aggressiveness now that he got his bell rung.
the good ones never do,, and i think he will be a good one
Originally posted by cciowa:
Any updates on the Reid we need him on Sunday after he left Whitner couldn't do it can't cover

Yeah. Why did he have to turn his head like that. Head up and finish the tackle....ughghh

he looked promising but he will probably lose his aggressiveness now that he got his bell rung.

with all this stuff about concussions now days you know he's gonna be thinking twice about blowing people up.

There was nothing wrong with that tackle.

with all this stuff about concussions now days you know he's gonna be thinking twice about blowing people up.

Plus once you have a concussion, its easier to get another, especially if you don't rest enough.
That concussion looked like plain old bad luck to me. I think he'll be fine.
Originally posted by outside4949:
That concussion looked like plain old bad luck to me. I think he'll be fine.

Agree!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Plus once you have a concussion, its easier to get another, especially if you don't rest enough.
well you guys are probably right, you usually are. i am glad he is a good tackler who does not need to make the big blow up hit to be good. he seems to tackle low very well without being dirty. seems like a good student of the game
the nfl scared him with their no hitting the head stuff. he couldve destroyed that dude but he thought about moving his head out of the way to avoid a fine and he hurt himself instead. just kill him and take the fine next time Reid!
Reid hit him high rather than going for the legs, which would have been the safer way to go. I think he will be fine but am glad the NFL is taking concussions more seriously. Too many former players with Alzheimers.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
the nfl scared him with their no hitting the head stuff. he couldve destroyed that dude but he thought about moving his head out of the way to avoid a fine and he hurt himself instead. just kill him and take the fine next time Reid!

It's not only a fine. Leading with the crown of your helmet is also a 15 yard personal foul.
[ Edited by Hopper on Sep 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM ]
i think he'll be fine, seems to be a very fundamental tackler. if he were a goldson type just going for kill shots i'd be concerned more.

well you guys are probably right, you usually are. i am glad he is a good tackler who does not need to make the big blow up hit to be good. he seems to tackle low very well without being dirty. seems like a good student of the game

Im not liking how the game is changing, back in the day a receiver would be scared to come across the middle. Now days they are not afraid of getting lit up and the passing offenses are almost unstoppable.

This is absolutely true. But at the sametime I think every single guy who plays in the nfl has had a concussion at some point in their football careers. Sometimes a concussion is just a concussion. now if he starts getting 1 on top of another we should worry.
Originally posted by Hopper:

It's not only a fine. It's also a 15 yard personal foul.

at that point in the game with people punching eachother in the head, body slamming and getting our ass kicked, whats the point? f**k the b*****ds up, theyre always injuring our players in seattle
at that point in the game with people punching eachother in the head, body slamming and getting our ass kicked, whats the point? f**k the b*****ds up, theyre always injuring our players in seattle
Sometimes I wish we would just let the dogs bite in seattle. I hate those cheatin motherf**kers!