There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

I didn't want to start a whole thread over this so i'll ask here does any one know Reids status for sunday??? I am so happy with this pick in the draft unlike last years. Reid in 2 games has shown he can be the cover safety we need and a hitter. 2 INT'S to start the season hes already becoming a ball hawk I hope hes cleared to play sunday.
Originally posted by Raul98:
I didn't want to start a whole thread over this so i'll ask here does any one know Reids status for sunday??? I am so happy with this pick in the draft unlike last years. Reid in 2 games has shown he can be the cover safety we need and a hitter. 2 INT'S to start the season hes already becoming a ball hawk I hope hes cleared to play sunday.

Only thing reported so far is that there no lingering symptoms of the concussion. However you know he has to pass a litany of more tests per NFL rules this week. I would say his status will be "questionable" all week.
I can't imagine he'll play this week. I read on nfl.com that Lacy is going to be out a few more weeks and form what I saw and read that Reid's collision was bad as well. Hope I'm wrong and he's cleared sooner but be prepared to be without the young man for what possibly could end up being close to 3 weeks.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Originally posted by Raul98:

Only thing reported so far is that there no lingering symptoms of the concussion. However you know he has to pass a litany of more tests per NFL rules this week. I would say his status will be "questionable" all week.
Dahl did OK last Sunday in his spot but I much rather have Reid play I guess they want to be careful and not have him injure himself further. I hope hes back for the Rams game.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I can't imagine he'll play this week. I read on nfl.com that Lacy is going to be out a few more weeks and form what I saw and read that Reid's collision was bad as well. Hope I'm wrong and he's cleared sooner but be prepared to be without the young man for what possibly could end up being close to 3 weeks.

these things all vary, if u remember vernon got knocked silly by chancellor and was out there the next week in essentially a mean nothing game, i know we needed the win by arz wasnt beating us without vernon anways.
Originally posted by crabman82:

these things all vary, if u remember vernon got knocked silly by chancellor and was out there the next week in essentially a mean nothing game, i know we needed the win by arz wasnt beating us without vernon anways.

Very true.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
We weren't turned on for this game.

Of all games you would think so.

I think they were saving stuff for the playoffs.

Uh no. Nothing worked.

I am still wondering how Reid got that concussion. I know it was a hard hit, but I thought he did a good job of leading with his shoulder instead of his head. I first thought he suffered a stinger.
I'm sure this was brought up but kudos to Mr. Reid christening himself ala Ronnie Lott. Remember Lott KO'd himself hitting someone so hard once. This is a good omen! Just don't do it anymore :)
I think if reid can get to 6 ints he could be droy.
Originally posted by outside4949:

Maybe, but linebackers dominate that category:

2012: Kuechly
2011: Miller
2010: Suh
2009: Cushing
2008: Mayo
2007: Willis
2006: Ryans
2005: Merriman
2004: Vilma
2003: Suggs
2002: Peppers
2001: Bell
2000: Urlacher
1999: Kearse
1998: Woodson - last DB to win DROY
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by outside4949:

Maybe, but linebackers dominate that category:

2012: Kuechly
2011: Miller
2010: Suh
2009: Cushing
2008: Mayo
2007: Willis
2006: Ryans
2005: Merriman
2004: Vilma
2003: Suggs
2002: Peppers
2001: Bell
2000: Urlacher
1999: Kearse
1998: Woodson - last DB to win DROY
It's hard for DBs period to win that award. Same with defensive player of the year. It took guys like Ed Reed, Troy Polamolu, and Deion Sanders to win it. All Hall of Famers.

If Eric Reid were to pull that off, that would be beyond huge.
Any updates on the Reid we need him on Sunday after he left Whitner couldn't do it can't cover
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Any updates on the Reid we need him on Sunday after he left Whitner couldn't do it can't cover

Yeah. Why did he have to turn his head like that. Head up and finish the tackle....ughghh
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

Yeah. Why did he have to turn his head like that. Head up and finish the tackle....ughghh

he looked promising but he will probably lose his aggressiveness now that he got his bell rung.