There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 74,647
this thread is not about Dashon "I'm bout to get suspended by the league cause i'm one of the most undisciplined players playing today" Goldson. he's gone. stop living in the past.
yall know I'm one of the biggest Goldson fans.....and I love his big hits and ability to read a play and react.

but I also love what Reid is doing for us, and honestly.....I don't want him feeling he needs to live up to Goldson's big hits.. I know he was already a big hitter in college, for now on I'd prefer if just went for the legs or just wrapped someone up after they made a good play exploiting the defense.

i just don't want to lose Reid again out there...he made a great play on the ball for that INT, and we DESPERATELY need him to stay healthy. He is also great coming in from the secondary and cleanly wrapping offensive players up...like he did to Marshawn one time (not counting when Lynch broke his ankes..lol)

if he can just play a Merton Hanks role of being a ball hawk, and just wrapping guys up and preventing big runs.. I'd be greatly satisfied.

Again, I don't want to lose him again.....I think we've all been spoiled with the durability of Goldson and Whitner. I remember when Goldson got hurt and didn't play for the first 2 weeks in 2011... Secondary was getting torched. And now with Dahl out there with Whitner..
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:
this thread is not about Dashon "I'm bout to get suspended by the league cause i'm one of the most undisciplined players playing today" Goldson. he's gone. stop living in the past.

he said that?
Reid shold of just blown that fool up and risked the penalty.
Reid looks very good. I am seriously seeing flashes of Ronnie Lott as a rookie. Maybe a touch less feisty, but two picks in first two games, could have been three. Dude has a nose for the ball and tackles with some thump. Looking like a great draft pick. Hopefully nothing too serious on the injury last night.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Can't wait to see this kid in the pro bowl. That's where he' s headed. I won't say anything negative about Dashon cuz he wanted to get his money and I will never knock that. But I hope it's worth being 0-2 in Tampa with that other over paid DB that rhymes with Beavis.
2 ints already and a bunch of big hits. I think he may be a candidate for DROY
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
2 ints already and a bunch of big hits. I think he may be a candidate for DROY

This kid is going to be a very good defender for years to come. You can see he understands the pro game already. He was playing well until the concussion. Very happy with this draft pick.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Hell yeah! Reid back for colts? Man i feel bad for the colts having to face us on sunday!
Go niners
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
2 ints already and a bunch of big hits. I think he may be a candidate for DROY

This kid is going to be a very good defender for years to come. You can see he understands the pro game already. He was playing well until the concussion. Very happy with this draft pick.

Very much agreed
Originally posted by frankie:
Hell yeah! Reid back for colts? Man i feel bad for the colts having to face us on sunday!
Go niners

he still has to pass some concussion tests to be cleared.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,135
Originally posted by Afrikan:
yall know I'm one of the biggest Goldson fans.....and I love his big hits and ability to read a play and react.

but I also love what Reid is doing for us, and honestly.....I don't want him feeling he needs to live up to Goldson's big hits.. I know he was already a big hitter in college, for now on I'd prefer if just went for the legs or just wrapped someone up after they made a good play exploiting the defense.

i just don't want to lose Reid again out there...he made a great play on the ball for that INT, and we DESPERATELY need him to stay healthy. He is also great coming in from the secondary and cleanly wrapping offensive players up...like he did to Marshawn one time (not counting when Lynch broke his ankes..lol)

if he can just play a Merton Hanks role of being a ball hawk, and just wrapping guys up and preventing big runs.. I'd be greatly satisfied.

Again, I don't want to lose him again.....I think we've all been spoiled with the durability of Goldson and Whitner. I remember when Goldson got hurt and didn't play for the first 2 weeks in 2011... Secondary was getting torched. And now with Dahl out there with Whitner..

Well said Afrikan, couldn't have agreed more.!!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,973
San Francisco 49ers @49ers

Harbaugh said Eric Reid (concussion) was not symptomatic today. #49ers
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 74,647
[ Edited by boast on Sep 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM ]