There are 185 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

damn, this sucks. A safety that gets concussions will not last long.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

dashon never got concussed.
Originally posted by susweel:

my thoughts exactly.

Also, if Dashon made that hit on Rice, Rice would've been the one sleeping.

Seriously guys? Concussions happen.

my thoughts exactly.

I would rather get a penalty knowing I knocked the other dude out instead delivering a legal and get knocked out my self.

my thoughts exactly.

I would rather get a penalty knowing I knocked the other dude out instead delivering a legal and get knocked out my self.

and allowing the completion. Goldson would've knocked the ball out for sure.
At least he can cover a wr and not get burned out.
But I thought 49ers fans hated Dashon. I've had to defend the guy repeatedly from 49ers fans attacking the guy about how much of a liability he is in coverage and over his penalties.

Now I've been impressed with Reid so far but I don't care what anyone says, we could have used Dashon out there last night! All that penalty baiting that Seattle players were doing was going to get called anyway. Atleast Dashon would have fu(ked somebody up in the process!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
jesus, this is starting up in the ck thread with alex,,,, can we for the love of god stop discussing what x niners would have done last night,, what value, what purpose does it serve? lord
Reid has been fantastic. If Baalke could find some rookie to contribute on offense for a change that'd be a start. So far it's been fairly unimpressive on the offensive side of things, o-line excluded.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Sep 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerG94:
But I thought 49ers fans hated Dashon. I've had to defend the guy repeatedly from 49ers fans attacking the guy about how much of a liability he is in coverage and over his penalties.

Now I've been impressed with Reid so far but I don't care what anyone says, we could have used Dashon out there last night! All that penalty baiting that Seattle players were doing was going to get called anyway. Atleast Dashon would have fu(ked somebody up in the process!

not me bro. i'd let him fk my wife.
Originally posted by NinerG94:

But he was a liability in coverage. I swear, it's like you guys just totally brain dumped the entire second half of last season. The occasional highlight reel hit doesn't change any of that, and I'll be the first to say that even as a rookie Reid>Goldson in coverage.

We needed better coverage from our DB's and that's why Reid was drafted. Besides, Tampa Bay's pass defense looks like crap right now so I don't get why Goldson is even being mentioned.
It was a freak concussion, nothing went right for us the entire night so it's typical something like that was gonna happen... and unless we see it again I'm not worried.
are you guys kidding me? dashon is lucky he hasn't been concussed. reid got it doing a legal hit on a wr.

did we forget how good we was playing and that he already had an int which basically neutralized seattle trying to move the ball down the field?
You guys are nuts.

While i didnt like the Reid pick in the draft, The guy is playing reallly really well for a rookie.

Concusions happen. Sure once you get a couple you can become more prone, but its not like that is proven science or something. Concussions happen. They can happen to anyone, and they can happen on hits that you would never expect.

Hopefully he comes back healthy and has no more issues. Guy has been balling for his first two games in the NFL.