There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Hehe... we all know working out in shorts doesn't show you who can play football.

Both guys are fast on the field. They both made plays last week that helped win the game. Hopefully they play well all year.

I'm not even thinking about next year. Still a lot of games to play and things can change dramatically when it's all said and done.

I'm optimistic about our chances to win now.

I'm with you man! 100%. Love the optimism...
Originally posted by NCommand:
Hehe... we all know working out in shorts doesn't show you who can play football.

Both guys are fast on the field. They both made plays last week that helped win the game. Hopefully they play well all year.

I'm not even thinking about next year. Still a lot of games to play and things can change dramatically when it's all said and done.

I'm optimistic about our chances to win now.

I'm with you man! 100%. Love the optimism...

I'll drink to that!
Originally posted by NCommand:
That's what he ran at the combine. His vertical jump was also 40 inches according to NFLDraftScout.com.

You must admit that 28 is not old, at least.

I think Reid is a better athlete, though. He had an 11'2'' broad jump. That's elite explosive power. Probably why he hits so hard.

OK OK OK. Haha. 8 years ago he was fast. And I do agree...28 is not old. Perhaps I s/h said he has clearly reached his ceiling and appears to be on the decline now and will most likely get the Goldson treatment next year.

Reid is a freak. Notice how in the videos above he is making the tackles before Rogers is even moving (and he started out closer). The guy had NO hesitation and that is very encouraging for a rookie.

Very exactly it that Reid is very encouraging and smart to plays than hesitation. Whitner was still hesitation that too late to run and worst! Whitner was very mistake to read the wrong way and don't know how to get Ints and very rare to hits hard.. I don't like him to plays hit hard for rare few times..
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Sep 14, 2013 at 7:47 AM ]
Already off to a nice start.

An int and a nice tackle on Marshawn Lynch which likely saved a TD.
Hope you play next week...
We need you
This guy looks very legit. And Jim Harbaugh looked super concerned when he was hurt. Not that he isn't when any other player is hurt, but it seemed different when Reid was down. Hopefully he's ok and can play next week.
The rules don't allow blows to the head, so Reid tried to put his head to the side while making that hit. This caused him to get hit on the side of his head, causing the knockout.

The new rules are making it safer for offensive players, but more dangerous for defensive players because they can't protect their head from side impacts.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The rules don't allow blows to the head, so Reid tried to put his head to the side while making that hit. This caused him to get hit on the side of his head, causing the knockout.

The new rules are making it safer for offensive players, but more dangerous for defensive players because they can't protect their head from side impacts.

Turned his head to the right to put it in front of the player, just as guys are taught to do. Just happens sometimes.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Turned his head to the right to put it in front of the player, just as guys are taught to do. Just happens sometimes.

on the bright side he is a ball hawk.

he got an int and was playing well

and honestly dahl played well too, he wasn't the one beaten in coverage on the deep pass

and to be fair to whitner we should have gotten the sack he shouldn't have even been on him that long.
reid looked really good tonite before his injury...though I hope his concussion doesn't lead to him losing his job to craig dahl
He's tremendous. Great pick. A really solid player.
I just hope he's ok. injury's suck!
Originally posted by hofer36:
reid looked really good tonite before his injury...though I hope his concussion doesn't lead to him losing his job to craig dahl

lol
Reid left in the third quarter after a big collision with Seahawks wide receiver Sidney Rice. Harbaugh said Reid did not remember the hit when he regained consciousness.

That is very scary, can't see him getting cleared to play this week.
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Reid left in the third quarter after a big collision with Seahawks wide receiver Sidney Rice. Harbaugh said Reid did not remember the hit when he regained consciousness.

That is very scary, can't see him getting cleared to play this week.

Might not need him this week vs IND. Let him rest up and heal correctly. Short week for us because this game went into Monday morning. Injuries every damn time we go up there and not just to backups either but to main guys