There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Donte is 28, runs a 4.4 40, had a respeactable 36 inch vertical. Pretty accurate otherwise. Don't understand the hate really, I think Gold$on was a bigger liability with all the going for the hit instead of playing the ball and knucklehead penalties.

A 4.4 40? LOL. Come on man. That said, nobody should be hating! Some of this is just a reflection of the other guys around him as well and we should keep that in mind. We can ignore any negatives we want b/c we like him but it's not a reality on the field, esp. last year. I like how Fangio is playing him now though! We'll get better results this way IMHO.

That's what he ran at the combine. His vertical jump was also 40 inches according to NFLDraftScout.com.

You must admit that 28 is not old, at least.

I think Reid is a better athlete, though. He had an 11'2'' broad jump. That's elite explosive power. Probably why he hits so hard.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
That's what he ran at the combine. His vertical jump was also 40 inches according to NFLDraftScout.com.

You must admit that 28 is not old, at least.

I think Reid is a better athlete, though. He had an 11'2'' broad jump. That's elite explosive power. Probably why he hits so hard.

OK OK OK. Haha. 8 years ago he was fast. And I do agree...28 is not old. Perhaps I s/h said he has clearly reached his ceiling and appears to be on the decline now and will most likely get the Goldson treatment next year.

Reid is a freak. Notice how in the videos above he is making the tackles before Rogers is even moving (and he started out closer). The guy had NO hesitation and that is very encouraging for a rookie.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 13, 2013 at 3:38 PM ]
Our boy Eric Reid is the poster child of how to hit an opponent both HARD and SAFE at the same time per the NFL's Head of Officiating:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000243654/Examples-of-legal-and-illegal-hits
Reid waits to make sure he doesnt give up the big play and then closes fast. Goldson anticipated the ball and would try to create his own big play, sometimes resulting in giving up some big chunks of yardage. Each safety has their place within a defensive scheme, its more personal preference. Look at schemes like GB and the Patriots, typically not among the best defenses in terms of yardage but always near the top in turnovers, thats a DG type defense. Reid plays a safe style and doesnt seem to gamble much, once he learns the pro game in and out he might turn into more of a gambler but he doesnt seem as wired as Goldson to make the big play and sacrifice downfield integrity.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
OK OK OK. Haha. 8 years ago he was fast. And I do agree...28 is not old. Perhaps I s/h said he has clearly reached his ceiling and appears to be on the decline now and will most likely get the Goldson treatment next year.

Reid is a freak. Notice how in the videos above he is making the tackles before Rogers is even moving (and he started out closer). The guy had NO hesitation and that is very encouraging for a rookie.

Hehe... we all know working out in shorts doesn't show you who can play football.

Both guys are fast on the field. They both made plays last week that helped win the game. Hopefully they play well all year.

I'm not even thinking about next year. Still a lot of games to play and things can change dramatically when it's all said and done.

I'm optimistic about our chances to win now.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Our boy Eric Reid is the poster child of how to hit an opponent both HARD and SAFE at the same time per the NFL's Head of Officiating:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000243654/Examples-of-legal-and-illegal-hits
Meanwhile Goldson got fined 30 grand for another illegal hit.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Wow. Another couple hits like that & he may end up in Suh type of fines or suspensions.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Wow. Another couple hits like that & he may end up in Suh type of fines or suspensions.
He's a dirty player, he'll get there.

Goldson is fearless. He will make clean hits but then lead with his helmet on another.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Goldson is fearless. He will make clean hits but then lead with his helmet on another.

its football not cheerleading, i have no problem with it.
I was surprised he looked that good first game out. Against arod to do boot.
Originally posted by outside4949:
I was surprised he looked that good first game out. Against arod to do boot.

ARod lol

haha
I wanA see him take down Wilson ! Release the reid
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
its football not cheerleading, i have no problem with it.

So if the team loses because a player breaks the rules and is penalized...?
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
I wanA see him take down Wilson ! Release the reid

Wouldn't mind seeing him on a safety blitz or two this week!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home