There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Listened to Greg Cosell on KNBR. He said he can now see why the 49ers let Goldson go and drafted Reid. Reid is bigger, faster, and more physically talented than Goldson. His words.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by kujon11:
Whitner got pummeled by the Zone since the offseason. This is the most in his defense that I've ever encountered. I don't feel so alone anymore

Didn't he made a defensive coverage play against the Packers near the flag of the endzone that could've been a TD had he not done so. Was it J. Finely he did that to... I don't remember. I keep telling people his coverage ability is good for a SS. It's at the endzone where he has to diagnose the run and pass quickly that team will take advantage of the situation.

Dayum, you guys are quick Can always count on my Zone bros.

IDK why more DB's don't do this. You see it all the time. Instead, they go up to bat the ball when all they have to do is shove the guy out of bounds.

This is one of my favorite rule changes in the last few years. One of the few that benefits the defense.

What amazed me on that play was how Whitner shifted where he was hitting/pushing mid hit on Cobb to ensure that no feet even touched in bounds, that takes some serious strength.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Listened to Greg Cosell on KNBR. He said he can now see why the 49ers let Goldson go and drafted Reid. Reid is bigger, faster, and more physically talented than Goldson. His words.

And everyone thought he was too similar to Taylor mays
Originally posted by kush:

and drafted too high.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

and drafted too high.

Even heard similar to the Dana Hall pick lol
Originally posted by jimrat:

and drafted too high.

Even heard similar to the Dana Hall pick lol

Jerry Jones is stupid
For those who want to see the coaches film of Reid's 2nd INT that was called back. Whew, it is a good thing that eventually Aldon forced Rodgers to escape the pocket to his right. Cobb got behind the 49ers thanks to him almost getting the 49ers to run into each other. Nice recovery though to prevent the prayer pass.
[ Edited by threelittlebirds on Sep 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM ]
I think Reid allowed him to get by, because he was watching Rodgers that whole time... as soon as Rodgers starting rolling to his right, Reid let Cobb go..and rolled with Rodgers.. MAINLY because there was no way Rodgers could effectively throw anything down in that area Reid gave up...BUT Rodgers could roll right and throw deep, like Reid guessed he might.

just a great play on Reid's part.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 12, 2013 at 7:27 PM ]
Whitner got pummeled by the Zone since the offseason. This is the most in his defense that I've ever encountered. I don't feel so alone anymore

Didn't he made a defensive coverage play against the Packers near the flag of the endzone that could've been a TD had he not done so. Was it J. Finely he did that to... I don't remember. I keep telling people his coverage ability is good for a SS. It's at the endzone where he has to diagnose the run and pass quickly that team will take advantage of the situation.

IDK why more DB's don't do this. You see it all the time. Instead, they go up to bat the ball when all they have to do is shove the guy out of bounds.

This is one of my favorite rule changes in the last few years. One of the few that benefits the defense.

What amazed me on that play was how Whitner shifted where he was hitting/pushing mid hit on Cobb to ensure that no feet even touched in bounds, that takes some serious strength.

That's Finley, who's actually like 50 lbs heavier than Cobb
everyone hates on donte but the dude is a smart player and hes tough as nails
Originally posted by swayze:

oops my bad.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

He has his moments where he is really good. The GB game he was really good, he hit Finley out of bounds on a sure catch and then kept Cobb from reaching the sideline. But, that doesn't change that he sometimes sucks in coverage, like in the Super Bowl for instance when the Ravens scored 2 TDs against him. I like him as our SS, just wish he wasn't so bad in coverage.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

He has his moments where he is really good. The GB game he was really good, he hit Finley out of bounds on a sure catch and then kept Cobb from reaching the sideline. But, that doesn't change that he sometimes sucks in coverage, like in the Super Bowl for instance when the Ravens scored 2 TDs against him. I like him as our SS, just wish he wasn't so bad in coverage.

everybody blows coverages sometimes tho. goldson let people catch the ball in front of him so he could hit them instead of trying to break it up most of the time

whitner slimmed down this year to be a bit quicker to help his pass coverage.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

whitner slimmed down this year to be a bit quicker to help his pass coverage.

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Week_1_Packers_vs_49ers_highlights/07540387-6304-4edb-a004-87f90e879c6e

You should check it out at 1:09 to 1:13 that Whitner is wrong to read the offense that he run over him then too slow to tackle on Finley on TD... How many i tell you? i told you many time.. He can't read the offense score and wrong to run cuz he is too slow to run! ... I am laughing at u all those comment.. u blind on whitner and else player too.. dude.. I have pretty good my eyes cuz i have talent and know how wins games!