There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by Afrikan:
WHAT f**k IS WRONG WITH YOU? I'd think you'd quit that BS type of posting after Alex left...or you should've left with him.

How the f**k are you going to call someone too stupid to be as good as he thinks he is? WHO THE f**k ARE YOU????? WHAT THE f**k DO YOU DO?

dude just set him family and extended family up for life. Winning a SuperBowl is all fine and dandy and if you can make it work with the team you are on that's great...and he tried that.... but a future guaranteed contract is something you take. Especially if you are confident in your abilities or how much you feel you are worth.

it was not only him who thought he was worth that much....Leading up to that huge contract with the Bucs, his peers confirmed his worth... writers and sport experts confirmed his worth.

he was named ALL PRO...best at his position. You don't get that by being one dimensional. He can cover and can stop the run at an elite level. Are you elite at anything?

sorry to go personal but man, I hate these little b***hes on the Webzone who act so insecure regarding our ex-players.. as if bashing them or re-writing history about their play, some how gives them confidence and makes them feel better because these players are not on our team anymore.

DG was a tank in the run game, but a liability more often then not in coverage, and I don't care how much you swear or caps or bolden your reply. Thems the facts.
Thanks Gore 21..very nice post(s)! Learning to wrap up consistently won't be a problem as this team is a clinic...Willis leading the way. To my mind, Goldson was a liability because of his late hits and coverage. Reid will be much better in the long run, and over paying Dashon would have been a mistake team wise. Hate to lose good players...ever...but it will happen every year.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 11, 2013 at 7:05 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Goldson was right to get paid. We were right not to pay him. Reid is the better investment. Both parties made the best business decision
of course this is the bottom line. i am very happy with how it turned out for us.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Thaniks Gore 21..very nice post(s)! Learning to wrap up consistently won't be a problem as this team is a clinic...Willis leading the way. To my mind, Goldson was a liability because of his late hits and coverage. Reid will be much better in the long run, and over paying Dashon would have been a mistake team wise. Hate to lose good players...ever...but it will happen every year.

i am just not a big fan, no matter how many hits he has or how many pro bowls he makes, of people who extend drives for the other team with foolish penalties. Not sure why people have to resort to name calling, caps and alex smith when someone disagrees with ones point of view
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Thaniks Gore 21..very nice post(s)! Learning to wrap up consistently won't be a problem as this team is a clinic...Willis leading the way. To my mind, Goldson was a liability because of his late hits and coverage. Reid will be much better in the long run, and over paying Dashon would have been a mistake team wise. Hate to lose good players...ever...but it will happen every year.

i am just not a big fan, no matter how many hits he has or how many pro bowls he makes, of people who extend drives for the other team with foolish penalties. Not sure why people have to resort to name calling, caps and alex smith when someone disagrees with ones point of view

its ok not be a big fan CC....but it's not needed to question a young black man's (or white, latino, samoan, asian, etc) intelligence because he values his own self worth.

read this CC.

"Always thought he was too stupid to be as good as he thinks he is." regardless if Memphis is just trying to talk about penalties.

the fact that he has achieved to become "as good as he thinks he is" makes that comment even more idiotic....ignoring his factual achievements, makes that comment come off bitter. You can't always hide behind your opinions, and not be called out for it. Especially if you resort to words as "Too stupid".

but you are right, bringing up Alex was not necessary.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
its ok not be a big fan CC....but it's not needed to question a young black man's (or white, latino, samoan, asian, etc) intelligence because he values his own self worth.

read this CC.

"Always thought he was too stupid to be as good as he thinks he is." regardless if Memphis is just trying to talk about penalties.

the fact that he has achieved to become "as good as he thinks he is" makes that comment even more idiotic....ignoring his factual achievements, makes that comment come off bitter. You can't always hide behind your opinions, and not be called out for it. Especially if you resort to words as "Too stupid".

but you are right, bringing up Alex was not necessary.
you are not the first time that a poster has just gotten fed up with stuff that bothers them and lashes out. I probably should have looked in the mirror before i chastised you!! it must be some type of a chip I have inside of myself that always makes me rip x niners. I know and understand that upsets good posters like you. I just can not help myself. I am not mentally tough enough to stop myself. you bring up alot of good points as usual and thank you for being nice to me. the way i am and post half of the time really gives me little credibility to chastise you when all you did was just lash out from emotion
I just watched the mic'd up with Whitner, after the interception you could hear the genuine shock and excitement from Reid as he yelled to his team mates "I caught it!" Must feel good to have a debut in the NFL like he did.
so glad to have this dude back there with Reid to show him the ropes.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
so glad to have this dude back there with Reid to show him the ropes.

Good stuff. Have to wonder whether we re-sign Whitner.
That INT on the offsides penalty was legit. That skill will come in handy to Mr. Jump Ball Wilson.
I think the best part of Reid's performance on Sunday was something that didn't actually happen. Whitner alluded to it in that video, when he told him, "don't let him (Rodgers) manipulate you".

That was Reid's first game ever, going up against the guy that many consider to be the best QB in the NFL. You don't think Rodgers was licking his chops and trying to see if he could pick on the rookie? s**t. Didn't happen once. Says a lot about the rook.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Good stuff. Have to wonder whether we re-sign Whitner.

I hope he performs well and earns an extension. He looks like the leader of the secondary and a mentor to Reid.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I think the best part of Reid's performance on Sunday was something that didn't actually happen. Whitner alluded to it in that video, when he told him, "don't let him (Rodgers) manipulate you".

That was Reid's first game ever, going up against the guy that many consider to be the best QB in the NFL. You don't think Rodgers was licking his chops and trying to see if he could pick on the rookie? s**t. Didn't happen once. Says a lot about the rook.

Agree. He did a great job out there all game long!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Good observation. Reid is a very heady player. That was a big test going up against Rodgers, and he did his job well. He already knows how to play team defense and carry out his responsibilities.