There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
He seems to play FS with the ability to make tough tackles like a SS. I can see moving him to SS down the road to replace Whitner. With another replacement at FS.

Agreed this!
Da$hon cared more about coin than $taying with a $B contender

He did what he had to do.

He alway$ wa$ about getting paid

He got paid

Good for him

I hope he get$ played on hi$ new team

He mean$ nothing to me, like Fredo
Looking forward to seeing him take on Lynch in the run game this week
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

He got paid

Good for him

I see what you did and I don't like it.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

On madden he got trucked by Lynch for like a 50 yd touchdown. I wont 38-35 though no worries.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I hope Da$hon likes his new teams, hope his few extra dollars helps him cope with going from a contender to a pretender. Always thought he was too stupid to be as good as he thinks he is. Reid is a smarter player and had a very solid debut. He plays with his head instead of leading with it.

WHAT f**k IS WRONG WITH YOU? I'd think you'd quit that BS type of posting after Alex left...or you should've left with him.

How the f**k are you going to call someone too stupid to be as good as he thinks he is? WHO THE f**k ARE YOU????? WHAT THE f**k DO YOU DO?

dude just set him family and extended family up for life. Winning a SuperBowl is all fine and dandy and if you can make it work with the team you are on that's great...and he tried that.... but a future guaranteed contract is something you take. Especially if you are confident in your abilities or how much you feel you are worth.

it was not only him who thought he was worth that much....Leading up to that huge contract with the Bucs, his peers confirmed his worth... writers and sport experts confirmed his worth.

he was named ALL PRO...best at his position. You don't get that by being one dimensional. He can cover and can stop the run at an elite level. Are you elite at anything?

sorry to go personal but man, I hate these little b***hes on the Webzone who act so insecure regarding our ex-players.. as if bashing them or re-writing history about their play, some how gives them confidence and makes them feel better because these players are not on our team anymore.
thy tits, calm them.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
thy tits, calm them.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
I hope Da$hon likes his new teams, hope his few extra dollars helps him cope with going from a contender to a pretender. Always thought he was too stupid to be as good as he thinks he is. Reid is a smarter player and had a very solid debut. He plays with his head instead of leading with it.

WHAT f**k IS WRONG WITH YOU? I'd think you'd quit that BS type of posting after Alex left...or you should've left with him.

How the f**k are you going to call someone too stupid to be as good as he thinks he is? WHO THE f**k ARE YOU????? WHAT THE f**k DO YOU DO?

dude just set him family and extended family up for life. Winning a SuperBowl is all fine and dandy and if you can make it work with the team you are on that's great...and he tried that.... but a future guaranteed contract is something you take. Especially if you are confident in your abilities or how much you feel you are worth.

it was not only him who thought he was worth that much....Leading up to that huge contract with the Bucs, his peers confirmed his worth... writers and sport experts confirmed his worth.

he was named ALL PRO...best at his position. You don't get that by being one dimensional. He can cover and can stop the run at an elite level. Are you elite at anything?

sorry to go personal but man, I hate these little b***hes on the Webzone who act so insecure regarding our ex-players.. as if bashing them or re-writing history about their play, some how gives them confidence and makes them feel better because these players are not on our team anymore.
As much as I agree with the way everyone else saw Goldson at times during the season -- I'm going to have to disagree because he failed when it mattered most in the playoffs and Super Bowl. I'm happy to have Reid, who may be similar but with a higher ceiling in coverage. He did a good job of limiting the big play against Rogers and I can't be happier of a rookie FS against an All-Pro QB.

Reid will make the plays in the run game and make up for Goldson's short falls in the end. Reid will have his challenges and I don't fault Goldson for chasing his golden egg, but in the end for us it is a win/win!!!!! Looking forward for Reid to put his stamp on the Seahawks!!!
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

On madden he got trucked by Lynch for like a 50 yd touchdown. I won 38-35 though no worries.

Shootout! Lol
Originally posted by loyal9er:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

As much as I agree with the way everyone else saw Goldson at times during the season -- I'm going to have to disagree because he failed when it mattered most in the playoffs and Super Bowl. I'm happy to have Reid, who may be similar but with a higher ceiling in coverage. He did a good job of limiting the big play against Rogers and I can't be happier of a rookie FS against an All-Pro QB.

Reid will make the plays in the run game and make up for Goldson's short falls in the end. Reid will have his challenges and I don't fault Goldson for chasing his golden egg, but in the end for us it is a win/win!!!!! Looking forward for Reid to put his stamp on the Seahawks!!!

It took DG a few years to become the player he is now, didn't look anywhere near as good as Reid has looked to start out.

This kid could be a MONSTER!
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Sep 11, 2013 at 12:20 AM ]
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

He got paid

Good for him

I hope Dashon doesn't goes fishing with you.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt8M8cCqoYw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgg9E_Hnbz8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1GpM1kB2Gc

I watched a little film on a lot of prospects before the draft but wanted to go in depth for the guys we drafted. Just my thoughts:

-excellent closing speed. Shows a lot of explosion. In the run game especially. If we wanted to creep him up towards the line and send him on a blitz we can do that but we don't really do that. A few times seen him come up and miss on the tackle. Closing speed is great but you have to make sure you are under control. Example (a gunner on a punt who comes flying in and could make the tackle for no gain as he catches the punt but is so out of control he flys right by or the defender easily jukes him because he didn't get under control and break down).

-Pretty good tackler especially when he wraps up but seen way too many times where he doesn't wrap up and just throws a shoulder. Lucky for them most of the time it didn't hurt them, a few times seen where it cost them. Still, no excuse as doing that once could cost you a game or a season. Almost like he threw his shoulder more than wrapped up... might cut it in college but not the nfl... have to work on that from day 1. Can hit hard... few times seen him have trouble bringing guys down because he was tackling too high. Can come up and hit rb's in the backfield. Seems like a pretty good run defender and should do well from day one in that area especially if the coaches teach him to always wrap up or at least square up. Once in awhile I seen poor angles in run defense but not to alarming from what I saw. Can't really comment on pass defense angles, didn't get a lot of looks there.

It's hard to see pass coverage in these videos but for the most part I thought he was solid. Seemed to do well in press or man coverage. Seemed to play center field nicely. I don't think he's an ed reed but i think the guy will be able to come in day one and be solid. he isn't goldson and will have a ways to go but if he can just hold his own and not be a weak link we should be fine. Seems to be ok in backpedaling, can be stiff at times in coverage though.

Seen one dropped int that was in his hands... so many defenders have bad hands these days though. Also, seen him catch 1 int that he played nicely in center field. Seen another with a nice run back. If he does get his hands on the ball he should be able to get us some nice return yards.

Summary: A good tackler especially when he wraps up but seems like more often than that he just throws a shoulder. Very quick and can close in a hurry. Can come up and tackle rb's in the backfield. Didn't miss too many tackles but in college throwing a should usually works, nfl not as much. Pretty good in press pass coverage, seems to be able to stay with his man. Seemed pretty good in center field as well but didnt get too many looks. Dropped some ints but when he does get them he should be able to get decent return yards. We don't really blitz much especially with our FS but if we wanted to he can get to the LOS very quickly and it's an option. Takes wrong angles in run defense and when covering at times but not at an alarming rate. I think he's a smart guy on and off the field and should be able to come in day one and do well in run coverage (assuming he starts wrapping up more) and solid in pass coverage. Can lay the wood but a few times seen him come up out of control and miss a tackle. Had trouble bringing down a rb or wr a few times, he can take them down with a full head of steam but straight up he gets driven back at times. I doubt he will fill Goldson's shoes this year, maybe a few years down the road he can hope to be nearly as good as him. I think if he can come in and hold his own we should be good. As long as he isn't a weak link. He played up real close at times and also played deep deep middle field a bunch. LSU seemed to keep everything in front of them like we do. Think Reid should be able to handle that.

My review from after we drafted him is quoted above. It's early but from what I saw in the pre-season and GB I hit most of it on the head. Excellent closing speed, especially in the run game. The coaches have had him work on his tackling. He is doing a pretty good job of using his arms to wrap up. He threw a shoulder more than he used his arms to tackle in college. Seen him do it once in the preseason and miss, the other time was an appropriate time to do it with the WR coming down with a pass on the sidelines. Don't think he did it in the GB game. Like I mentioned he can lay the wood and so far been really impressed in that they are all clean hits unlike Goldson. Seems to be able to patrol the middle well. I didn't get to see much from the games I watched so I was unsure of his coverage deep but I like what I see so far. He can usually stick with his man if he's in press or up on the wr. Seems like he will be able to hold his own in the run game. He has return skills so if he gets an INT look for him to get as many yards as possible like he showed against GB. He's very smart on and off the field and is a great young man. Like Whitner has said he doesn't make the same mistake twice. He might not be a 6 int a season guy but he should be a very good safety who we can rely on and not after to worry about being a liability. He has improved a lot from his first days in rookie camp and ota's.

I thought it could take a few years for him to equal what Goldson brought but he might be close to that by the end of the year. He might not be pro bowl Goldson year 1 but he should equal or be better than the down years Goldson this year. I don't blame Goldson for going and getting paid; he made like 11 mil starting for like 6 years. He was getting underpaid some of those years. If guys like Michael Griffin can get 35 mil he should have got 40. It's overpaying to me but it's what the market is. I'm glad we didn't give him the 41 or whatever it was. I would have thought about 5 years 35 million but glad we didn't go 41. We had to move on and save up for the younger guys who are our future. We might not have gotten pro bowl Goldson but seems like we got a good solid dependable safety for about 32.5 million less with only 1 less year of service. So far seems like a good move to go up and get him even if it cost us a 3rd. We got one back (next year TEN) by moving from 34 to 40 anyways. Hopefully by the end of next year we have all forgotten about Goldson and all agree we made the right decision. I expect the same from Vance McDonald in regards to not re-signing Delanie Walker. I think that was another excellent decision and expect McDonald to replace Walker fully by the end of the year or by some time next season.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 11, 2013 at 3:22 AM ]

better go low. lynch is a tank.
Goldson was right to get paid. We were right not to pay him. Reid is the better investment. Both parties made the best business decision