There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by schmons:
dashon knocked 2 jets players out of the game also

This. I bet nobody would be hating on him if we had him instead of Whitner. Goldson + Reid

I would, because two drive extending Dashon style bonehead penalties could have been a difference between winning and losing in a game against a team like Green Bay.

I did too. I hated on him last year. His penalties do more than frustrate, they lose games. Who cares if he knocks people out of games if his penalties help his team lose?
Originally posted by BrianGO:

This. I bet nobody would be hating on him if we had him instead of Whitner. Goldson + Reid

I would, because two drive extending Dashon style bonehead penalties could have been a difference between winning and losing in a game against a team like Green Bay.

I did too. I hated on him last year. His penalties do more than frustrate, they lose games. Who cares if he knocks people out of games if his penalties help his team lose?
id still take dashon as a safety even tho his coverage was questionable at best. dude scared the s**t out of people back there. that kind of intimidation is worth some of the risk of penalties, but i do agree that knocking people out of the game isnt what i want, thats cheap s**t. play to win the right way
Originally posted by BrianGO:

All points valid, but lets not forget that he also made numerous game changing plays for the positive also. You don't make all pro and pro bowl by being s**tty
Loved the way Dashon seemed to have mastered the legal bonecrushing hits, but he wasn't perfect and the hard hitting is not enough to tolerate all the mistakes in coverage, so glad the team moved on, Reid seems like an upgrade. the thought of Reid and Dashon as a hard hitting tandem is sic tho
[ Edited by dchrie on Sep 10, 2013 at 12:44 AM ]
Goldson was great at what he did. He separated people from the ball. He got picks and offered great run support. He intimidated. He did benefit from our front 7 but he was one I bragged on constantly. Reid will likely be better

This. I love Goldson, but Green Bay might have won yesterday because he would've gave Green Bay extra opportunities. Now I can enjoy his hits and not watch it negatively effect the team. It will be a very interesting game come December 15.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This. I love Goldson, but Green Bay might have won yesterday because he would've gave Green Bay extra opportunities. Now I can enjoy his hits and not watch it negatively effect the team. It will be a very interesting game come December 15.
I say we send VD after goldson and hit him all day before he hits us. Rough him up all game. Remind him who we are before he gets ideas
Vote for Reid on nfl.com for rookie of the week!!!!
I feel confident saying that this kid is going to be an All-Pro at one point in his career. I guess just call it a hunch.

To play like he did in his first game against the top passing attack in the NFL was truly incredible.
Reid made a nice hit there but Dashon would have caused a fumble and/or put Cobb out of the game.
He seems to play FS with the ability to make tough tackles like a SS. I can see moving him to SS down the road to replace Whitner. With another replacement at FS.
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
Reid made a nice hit there but Dashon would have caused a fumble and/or put Cobb out of the game.

like this (he was penalized for this, looked good to me)

and this

god damn i miss dashon. keep laying the wood
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
He seems to play FS with the ability to make tough tackles like a SS. I can see moving him to SS down the road to replace Whitner. With another replacement at FS.

That would be nice. I'd like a FS that is capable of playing cover 1 (lone deep safety). I don't know if Reid did that in college or if he is capable of doing that.
Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:

like this (he was penalized for this, looked good to me)

and this

god damn i miss dashon. keep laying the wood

s**t.. I really wanted Goldson stay for us and Let Whitner is go another team!! I think, Goldson and Reid are together perfect and beast defense!!