There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,156
Originally posted by redrathman:
I can't recall Goldson having as solid of a game in his six years here. No penalties. Never got beat up top.

no drive extending penalties, no show boating, no massive glaring errors, solid. I know some hate that word but he was solid!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
HAHA Reid is going to be a good one no doubt but the Dashon hate on this forum is ridiculous. Million times smarter, million times more athletic and a better tackler? Exaggerate much? Goldson is a very good player. He proved that time and again on this roster. I didn't comment to knock Reid one bit. He was the guy I wanted but I love how everyone is using his success to bash Dashon when the 49ers thought he was good enough to be the franchise player on this team at one point. He's no slouch.

I agree. I see the same thing going on with Michael Crabtree. It would be nice if we could lift up one player without tearing another down.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by redrathman:
I can't recall Goldson having as solid of a game in his six years here. No penalties. Never got beat up top.

no drive extending penalties, no show boating, no massive glaring errors, solid. I know some hate that word but he was solid!

yeah. he belongs on that d.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,729
anyone know how dashon did in tb this week?
Originally posted by BenQ:
anyone know how dashon did in tb this week?

Couple of tackles, two personal foul penalties. Gave up yards to Geno Smith.
[ Edited by redrathman on Sep 9, 2013 at 7:31 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,156
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by BenQ:
anyone know how dashon did in tb this week?

Couple of tackles, two personal foul penalties. Gave up yards to Geno Smith.
it is very hard to restrain myself we got the best of that thing both in short term and long term in my opinion
dashon knocked 2 jets players out of the game also
Dashon gonna Dashon... Did he really knock out two jets!
I know it's Reid's first game but it was a huge game against one of the best receiving core and qb in the league. He will be feared in the same way Dashon was and likely have a higher ceiling. I like both players alot
.
Originally posted by xela510:
.

Awesome. LOL!
Originally posted by schmons:
dashon knocked 2 jets players out of the game also

This. I bet nobody would be hating on him if we had him instead of Whitner. Goldson + Reid
Originally posted by xela510:
.

Nice
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by schmons:
dashon knocked 2 jets players out of the game also

This. I bet nobody would be hating on him if we had him instead of Whitner. Goldson + Reid

I would, because two drive extending Dashon style bonehead penalties could have been a difference between winning and losing in a game against a team like Green Bay.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by schmons:
dashon knocked 2 jets players out of the game also

This. I bet nobody would be hating on him if we had him instead of Whitner. Goldson + Reid


This! Goldson and Reid would of made one hell of duo with goldson at SS, a much better fit for him than FS
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by schmons:
dashon knocked 2 jets players out of the game also

This. I bet nobody would be hating on him if we had him instead of Whitner. Goldson + Reid


This! Goldson and Reid would of made one hell of duo with goldson at SS, a much better fit for him than FS
Luckily, I like all three.

So I'm still happy.