There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

kid is a BEAST! i'm sure he's gonna have some up and down games this season, but he showed his potential yesterday, and it's scary good.
He's a "Speed Reader"....ar,ar...
Announcer kept calling him "Ed" Reid lol
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I hope Da$hon likes his new teams, hope his few extra dollars helps him cope with going from a contender to a pretender. Always thought he was too stupid to be as good as he thinks he is. Reid is a smarter player and had a very solid debut. He plays with his head instead of leading with it.


Da$hon was an idiot. Thank God another team is paying him millions to get 15 yard penalties every week. Now the Bucs can enjoy losing close games because of him.

Reid is a million times smarter, more athletic, better tackler, and he's just barely getting started.
After he signed his deal with TB Goldson went on NFL network blazed out of his mind. He can play, but yes he's not very smart.
His closing speed is definitely amazing, particularly that one play when Rodgers scrambled up the middle and then Reid came up like flash gordon!
HAHA Reid is going to be a good one no doubt but the Dashon hate on this forum is ridiculous. Million times smarter, million times more athletic and a better tackler? Exaggerate much? Goldson is a very good player. He proved that time and again on this roster. I didn't comment to knock Reid one bit. He was the guy I wanted but I love how everyone is using his success to bash Dashon when the 49ers thought he was good enough to be the franchise player on this team at one point. He's no slouch.
Originally posted by Sf49ers220:
Anyone have a GIF of Reid flying 100 mph to tackle Rodgers?


AWW.... This is the one I want to see again. That's what you want out of your safety -- decisiveness in decisions and tackles. Once he recognized and commit to stopping Rodgers, he went full speed with a stop. Sorta like a safety blitz. Once you decide to blitz, you better get their and get there quick. Indecision is for losers.
Too much Dashon hate
Originally posted by NinerG94:
HAHA Reid is going to be a good one no doubt but the Dashon hate on this forum is ridiculous. Million times smarter, million times more athletic and a better tackler? Exaggerate much? Goldson is a very good player. He proved that time and again on this roster. I didn't comment to knock Reid one bit. He was the guy I wanted but I love how everyone is using his success to bash Dashon when the 49ers thought he was good enough to be the franchise player on this team at one point. He's no slouch.

goldson was good. reid could be more balanced though, especially next to whitner. goldson could be shaky in coverage. reid seems like he could be better in coverage, which could fit better next to whitner. according to pff reid gave up 72.9 QB rating when thrown to, best of all the sfo db yesterday targeted more than once. small sample, but encouraging.
[ Edited by JDTical on Sep 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM ]
I am glad our first few games are tough. Trial by fire will be a great learning experience.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I am glad our first few games are tough. Trial by fire will be a great learning experience.

Agree. Ready to see more of what this guy can do!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,941
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Too much Dashon hate
he earned it. i see his play is carrying over nicely to his new team, what two penalties?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Too much Dashon hate
he earned it. i see his play is carrying over nicely to his new team, what two penalties?

As amped as those hits got me, I'm happy with the potential fundamental soundness of Eric Reid.

Hes doing great. I dont think he was targeted by Rodgers much? thats saying something.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
As amped as those hits got me, I'm happy with the potential fundamental soundness of Eric Reid.


dat doot is levitating! fkn wizard
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home