There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for Wrathman.
Originally posted by allhype:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Reid essentially is Goldson redux with more potential. I don't see how you can hate on the pick. He's a quality player, lots of experience playing for one of the top defenses in college football. He's a gamer, an aggressive safety, hard hitter and is better in coverage than he's given credit for.

Yeah, but Goldson was a third rounder. Swearinger / Phillip Thomas > Reid and we would not have needed to trade away any picks.

Goldson was a 5th rounder from UW.
Welcome to the 49ers, Eric Reid.
Reid is about to smash Austin and Harvin

better potential than goldson imo
It only cost us a 3rd to get the guy they wanted, considering what the falcons gave up just now, we stole someone's lunch money.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Draft Phillip thomas and move reid to FS and i will be more happy with it.

Um.....don't you have that backwards Idaho. Reid at SS, Thomas at FS....

Although with this pick, here is what I would like to see happen with the next 3 picks.

2nd Round A-Datone Jones/Johnthan Banks/Robert Alford/DeAndre Hopkins

2nd Round B-Quinton Patton/Da'Rick Rogers/Travis Kelce/Brandon Williams/John Jenkins

3rd Round-Duke Williams/Terry Hawthorne

Yes phoenix. sorry brainfart. i meant Thomas at FS. Reid at SS.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
anybody know what was given up??

74 (3rd round) and 31 overall to go up to 18
Originally posted by 5280High:
It only cost us a 3rd to get the guy they wanted, considering what the falcons gave up just now, we stole someone's lunch money.

Baalke is a bully
I like it. In Baalke we trust!
I like Reid, but I don't like trading up for him.

Carradine? Jones? Eifert? Patterson? all these guys on the board plus many other great players and we go with a safety? I don't like it.

Let's see what we do with 34...
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Yes phoenix. sorry brainfart. i meant Thomas at FS. Reid at SS.

I think we will be starting Trenton Robinson at FS, Reid at SS, and cut Whitner to have cap space to sign our picks.

[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Apr 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM ]

Originally posted by allhype:
Yeah, but Goldson was a third rounder. Swearinger / Phillip Thomas > Reid and we would not have needed to trade away any picks.

By this logic you would never draft a QB prior to the 6th round because Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Who cares where Goldson was drafted, he didn't start immediately. We need someone to contribute immediately.
Im going to move my grade from C to B. Mainly because we only gave up a third rounder to jump 13 spots.