There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Dashon Who???
Viccaro was my draft crush, glad we got Reid.
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
Viccaro was my draft crush, glad we got Reid.

Saw Vaccaro do both good and bad today. He did seal the win by breaking up Ryan's pass to Gonzalez. He was picked on a lot today.
Time to draft him a new buddy at SS.
I'm glad that my preseason love for Reid has so far proving true. Everybody wants to compare him to Dashon, but he is going to have a better career than Goldson. I know that he has a lot more to learn, but his smarts and the way he flashes into the picture reminds me of Ronnie Lott.
love his shoulder down all power hits...

goldson was good but his tactics were dirty at times which cost us yards...

reid is gonna become a weapon on defense.... watch all his hits from today, shoulder down, full power, clean football play.

im very impressed with him already.
Plays and tackles like Tim McDonald
I hope Da$hon likes his new teams, hope his few extra dollars helps him cope with going from a contender to a pretender. Always thought he was too stupid to be as good as he thinks he is. Reid is a smarter player and had a very solid debut. He plays with his head instead of leading with it.
I had a lot of confidence in Eric Reid going in, and he's definitely not letting me down. He needs to clean up his tackling by wrapping up better, but that minor knock can't take away from the positives he brings.
Very nicely played.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I hope Da$hon likes his new teams, hope his few extra dollars helps him cope with going from a contender to a pretender. Always thought he was too stupid to be as good as he thinks he is. Reid is a smarter player and had a very solid debut. He plays with his head instead of leading with it.

Da$hon was an idiot. Thank God another team is paying him millions to get 15 yard penalties every week. Now the Bucs can enjoy losing close games because of him.

Reid is a million times smarter, more athletic, better tackler, and he's just barely getting started.
We've come a long way from Taylor Mays.
Eric Reid is a stud, but why the hate for Dashon? He was smacking the s**t out of jets receivers yesterday. I'm still a fan of Dashon, but yeah he will miss us more than we will miss him. I'll tell you that right now.

Anyways Reid is going to be a legit top safety in this league. He was flashing all over the field. Reminded me of Willis his rookie year. He showed great quick reflexes on that interception. Let's hope he can continue improving on his ball skills. He wasn't a high interception guy in college, hopefully he can be one in the pros!
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Eric Reid is a stud, but why the hate for Dashon? He was smacking the s**t out of jets receivers yesterday. I'm still a fan of Dashon, but yeah he will miss us more than we will miss him. I'll tell you that right now.

Anyways Reid is going to be a legit top safety in this league. He was flashing all over the field. Reminded me of Willis his rookie year. He showed great quick reflexes on that interception. Let's hope he can continue improving on his ball skills. He wasn't a high interception guy in college, hopefully he can be one in the pros!

Yeah Unfortunetly for Dashon the league is taking away what he does best. Both his huge hits were completely legal shoulder to shoulder hits but still flagged. It will be interesting to see if he starts going straight for the knees or continues doing what he does.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Yeah Unfortunetly for Dashon the league is taking away what he does best. Both his huge hits were completely legal shoulder to shoulder hits but still flagged. It will be interesting to see if he starts going straight for the knees or continues doing what he does.

Yeah it's unfortunate. Just because he hits so damn hard, it's assumed that his hits are probably illegal and helmet to helmet. Almost all his hits are completely legal and with his shoulder into the strike zone of the ball carrier. Remember that hit on Mike Williams against the Bucs or the one on Early Doucet? Dude is a stone cold killa. The good thing is, Reid hits almost as hard and is more athletic so has more upside. I just hope Reid can become a better ballhawk than he was in college. Good start for him yesterday.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home