There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

After this year, he'll be a top 10 freesafety in the NFL. Maybe even top 5.
Wow. This guy is good.
Once again, Thank you Jerry Jones!
Great move Baalke on moving up!
I've seen enough to know Reid has what it takes physically and today's game made me very confident he has what it takes mentally. Rodgers only had a a few plays where he tested Reid's side of the field on deep balls. I'm assuming Reid was in position, or Whitner is the one to target. This guy was around the ball all game long. Extremely solid debut.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Game ball on D. Unbelievable first game. One missed tackle. That is it.

And Nelson pushed off on that play too.

No Goldson? No problem. Reid was layin' the wood.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Sep 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM ]
reid played beyond my expectations
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Game ball on D. Unbelievable first game. One missed tackle. That is it.

yeah he is a stud!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Good work by Reid--impressive for a rookie.
Eric Ried? great job dude. Very impressed by his debut. I like his size, style and awareness. Loved the pick and even mocked him in one of my 2 drafts. Stay thirsty and healthy Reid. He actually might be an ugrade once he gets more playing time.
I thought Rodgers would go after this guy because he's the rookie, but I guess he played like a vet out there!
The thing with Reid that's different than Goldson is that he hits hard and LEGALLY.. Goldson gets flagged whenever he hits hard cause he hits high.. Reid hits just as hard but in the midsection.. He's more fundamentally sound
Originally posted by Cooper22:
The thing with Reid that's different than Goldson is that he hits hard and LEGALLY.. Goldson gets flagged whenever he hits hard cause he hits high.. Reid hits just as hard but in the midsection.. He's more fundamentally sound

Great point. Eric Reid is nearly 15 pounds heavier than Dashon Goldson (213 versus 200 pounds respectively), and is just as, if not more quick/fast at attacking a target.

I assume that his velocity and power allow him to hit with pure technique and still elicit the same effect of Dashon who tended to "launch" and hit illegally. Another great choice by Balke.
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Sep 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM ]
When we Got him I thought there was a good chance we would pick up the honey badger too. He does seem to have a nose for the ball and being in the right spot. I this years draft is already paying off
Originally posted by buck:
Good work by Reid--impressive for a rookie.