There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

For a first game I must say he looked impressive. Needs to wrap up a little better but GB was a good test.
I don't miss goldson lol
I'm hoping he will give the same impact this season that patrick willis did in his rookie season. So far, his awareness and fundamentals are impressive for his age and experience. With time, I think he can be a great safety, if he isn't already.
Originally posted by mod:
I don't miss goldson lol

That looked like goldson out there. Reid will make plays without giving up huge plays or commiting unnecessary penalties
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Kid is instinctive, smart, and fast. I think he plays a bit out of control, though. His momentum seems to carry him off target sometimes. He's still very young, so I expect that he'll learn when to dial it back a bit as he gains experience. He's just a missile out there right now.
Three things have impressed with w/Reid...first is his speed...it's serious. Second is his ability to hit...he missed a couple of tackles, but also made some bone-jarring hits. Third is his field awareness...he's got good cover skills. Very early on, but from what I've seen so far, he was worth trading up for.
his stop on erron's QB run late in the game was great
He deff has young legs and closing speed.

Seems to have been in the right places at the right time.

Wicked first game
I don't miss goldson lol

I more than don't miss Goldson. I am glad he is gone. He was an ass-clown who got 15 yard penalties, and he is continuing that trend with his new team.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I don't miss goldson lol

^
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Three things have impressed with w/Reid...first is his speed...it's serious. Second is his ability to hit...he missed a couple of tackles, but also made some bone-jarring hits. Third is his field awareness...he's got good cover skills. Very early on, but from what I've seen so far, he was worth trading up for.

one play I see some are not talking about is the 2nd to 3rd last series for the Packers I believe, when Rodgers took off and almost got a first down.. Reid raced in from the secondary and took a great angle and tackled Rodgers preventing maybe a first down.

I love his angles so far... more often than not he gets it right...but he did have some bad angles, like that early screen...he allowed the play to be bigger than it should've been.

Can't believe he is playing this well as a rookie... can't remember the last time we had a rookie starting for us at Safety, and playing this well.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 8, 2013 at 7:51 PM ]
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
That looked like goldson out there. Reid will make plays without giving up huge plays or commiting unnecessary penalties

I'm very impressed by Reid. I saw at least one missed tackle but he'll get better with age. I was really impressed with his interception that was called back. We'll see him in the pro bowl soon.
Game ball on D. Unbelievable first game. One missed tackle. That is it.