There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hitman49:
anybody know what was given up??
our first and one of our thirds from carolina.. i love this,, we still got our two number twos , we filled a huge need and we do not have to sign woodson. a good day
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I LOVE Reid. Being here in SEC country I have seen this kid for three years make plays.

That makes me feel better.
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I would now take phillip thomas in the second nd move reid to SS.

Not sold on reid in coverage personally. I think he would be a perfect SS, then pair with Thomas at FS. That would be a hell of an upgrade to the S spots.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
anybody know what was given up??

#31 and a third rd pick
Phillip Thomas though...
And I thought Dahl was our man at safety... do stores take back jersey's?
I would now take Phillip Thomas in the second and move Reid to SS.

Kinda what I was thinking too...
Solid Pick

We needed a safety and we gots one
Originally posted by allhype:
Terrible Pick! He would have been there at 31 FOR SURE! Thought we were gonna get a coverage safety LIKE WE NEED!!! Remember getting Toasted on deep balls last year against Atlanta and Baltimore.

Ya right! For Sure? Have you been watching this draft? None of these picks were projected to go where they went. Floyd is still on the board and so is G. Smith. Our front office wanted Reid and someone was probably targeting him. Pick makes absolute sense.
Eric Reid has all of the tools that we are looking for. Cyprien is slow. I don't mind them going up and getting the safety they want. He could be better than Vaccario who was the first safety off the board. No problem with this trade and we only gave up a 3rd to go up and get him.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I LOVE Reid. Being here in SEC country I have seen this kid for three years make plays.

That makes me feel better.

Exactly he is not a one year wonder.
Draft Phillip thomas and move reid to FS and i will be more happy with it.

Um.....don't you have that backwards Idaho. Reid at SS, Thomas at FS....

Although with this pick, here is what I would like to see happen with the next 3 picks.

2nd Round A-Datone Jones/Johnthan Banks/Robert Alford/DeAndre Hopkins

2nd Round B-Quinton Patton/Da'Rick Rogers/Travis Kelce/Brandon Williams/John Jenkins

3rd Round-Duke Williams/Terry Hawthorne
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
all i need to know is that he is a good tackler who can play the pass and he can be physical. people whine for a safety, we get one and the whining continues,, and some of you think I am nuts
  • zero
  • Veteran
Pretty much on point. I watched the guy for three years and he's improved each year but he's not an Earl Thomas type saftey, plus he gets hurt a lot. That's the nature of playing in the SEC but its still concerning. I'm the biggest LSU honk on this board and I still would've waited at 31 for him. Probably grade this at a C+ just because I think we reached.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Reid essentially is Goldson redux with more potential. I don't see how you can hate on the pick. He's a quality player, lots of experience playing for one of the top defenses in college football. He's a gamer, an aggressive safety, hard hitter and is better in coverage than he's given credit for.
The exchange of picks alone was money on Baalke's part. He obviously has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know, but man I just feel like after watching Cyprien and Elam, they stood out to me as better safeties. Maybe because they were more of the big hitter variety? I don't know. Floyd is falling for a reason but I thought that's who we were going to get. Also, would've loved Rhodes there. Whatever, I was irate when we took Aldon. I can get over this one. I rated it an F earlier but that was an emotional decision. I was sure we were getting Floyd or Rhodes and when we didn't, I lost it.
[ Edited by EezyNiner on Apr 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM ]