There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by leakyfausett:
This All World has to be vertical to throw the ball deep on Reid and I think their o-line is in trouble and still no real running threat and less weapons at receiver.

Lacy has performed well IMO.on the other topic Bakhtiara(lt) and Newhouse(rt) are going to be nice snacks
Originally posted by eonblue:
This All World has to be vertical to throw the ball deep on Reid and I think their o-line is in trouble and still no real running threat and less weapons at receiver.

Lacy has performed well IMO.on the other topic Bakhtiara(lt) and Newhouse(rt) are going to be nice snacks

Lacy gives them the tough runner they needed. Their tackle situation is a problem. We know Newhouse sucks. So unless Bakhtiari is a hidden gem, they're in trouble there. Aldon and Justin will probably have a field day with him
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Lacy gives them the tough runner they needed. Their tackle situation is a problem. We know Newhouse sucks. So unless Bakhtiari is a hidden gem, they're in trouble there. Aldon and Justin will probably have a field day with him
I am not saying Lacy will not get better but 16 for 35 is not good. Now Dujuan Harris looks to be out for the opener.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

I am not saying Lacy will not get better but 16 for 35 is not good. Now Dujuan Harris looks to be out for the opener.
And Jonathan Franklin looks terrible also
But the San Francisco 49ers safety has been fined repeatedly this season for sock and pants violations of the uniform code. The fines total about $70,000 Goldson said, according to Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle. Most of the fine money was his clothing last season lol..

NFL said Dujuan is out for the season.

Bakhtiari is athletic so the potential is there but he is not a refined product by no means. One of the most exciting matchups for me against the Vikes was Kalil vs Aldon. Kalil doesn't make many mistakes but Aldon was still able to take advantage of him on a couple of snaps. More than that Aldon never looked contained and always looked to be creating pressure. So Bakhtiari is going to have a bad time in his first start because Smith doesn't even have to bring his A game but he will. I'm not worried about Reid in this game for this reason. The Dline is easily going to be able to create pressure with 4 and 3man fronts and it will minimize the pressure on the safeties greatly.

On a side note I think Green Bays gameplan will revolves around the I formation. They ran the I for the first qtr against the Rams to some success. Lacy was able to fight off tackles for small gains. They tricked the defense with the play action a couple of times and it opened things up for some nice plays to Finley(some nice drops too). Lacy in the I is a great fit because he's like a 6th lineman when your using the TE's in the passing game. It became painfully obvious they couldn't block the edges when they add the 3/4th WR. It only took about 2 plays for Long and Quinn to set up shop.
I am pumped Reid is facing Rogers right out of the gate.

That is going to prime him for Seattle. Seattle is going to find they are not facing the usual rookie. He is going to flatten people and put on some serious hurt. And when they find he isn't getting beat like other rookies they are going to be wasting downs.

I can't wait for us to pummel Seattle.

I absolutely hate their loud mouth punk fans and am frothing for Reid to knock the punk cr*p out of their receivers.

When you say judge him like that your dimishing his talents. Hes not gonna blaze upfield. I watched the rams and seahawks games and scouted Lacy. He looks good.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 27, 2013 at 7:06 PM ]

When you say judge him like that your dimishing his talents. Hes not gonna blaze upfield. I watched the rams and seahawks games and scouted Lacy. He looks good.

Lacy looked great against Seattle 8 carries for -5 yards
I was not impressed by Lacy in either of the games I saw him in. He might get better later on, but we have at least three backs that would start over him in GB.
I can't wait for Lacy to do a spin move and Willis pops that football out that crap only works in college. Anyway Eric Reid was my favorite safety out of this draft and the kid hasn't disappointed wish him the best
[ Edited by Harbaalke on Aug 27, 2013 at 8:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I was not impressed by Lacy in either of the games I saw him in. He might get better later on, but we have at least three backs that would start over him in GB.

He was drafted for short yardage/RZ situations. Within in that role I think he can very successful. The Packers are trying to fit square peg into a round hole and that's alright because they're just trying find out what they have which is why 16carries for 35 in no way influences my outlook. By the way 16 carries for 35 yards is slightly misleading because he had a good game against the Rams(8runs for 40) and you alter the perception of that performance by adding the Seahawks 8 carriers. Also it really doesn't suprise me Lacys ability to break tackles was nullified by Seattles large secondary.

When Lacy is in the situations he was drafted to perform in I think he has done very will but he's a complimentary back(for now) so Green bay is going to need to get production out of Frankline
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
But the San Francisco 49ers safety has been fined repeatedly this season for sock and pants violations of the uniform code. The fines total about $70,000 Goldson said, according to Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle. Most of the fine money was his clothing last season lol..

We also lost football games because if his late hits and taunting penalties. I'm glad that clown is gone.
when is he changing his # to 38??