There are 172 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by 5280High:
Reid is looking solid. He will take his lumps, but it is encouraging that his athleticism and length seem to be translating to the pro level very well. I think it might of been Baldwin but there was one play in the last game that Reid would of decapitated the receiver had he made the catch, but he dropped it... Probably saw Reid coming but to Reid's credit he saw the drop and let up so he didn't get a penalty like Goldson would of

Why does Goldson have this rep that he gets penalized all the time?! I don't remember too many penalties by Goldson, and if they did flag him (like his hit on Aaron Hernandez) it's a BS call. Goldson was a clean, fundamental hitter, imo.
Originally posted by cciowa:
we have gotten more out of our rookie class this year in two pre season games than we got from last years rookie class in all of last year

lol, true.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Is anybody worried about starting Reid week 1? I'm not. He looks solid.

I wouldn't say I'm worried, but I know for damn sure Rodgers is going to attack him early and often.

If his line holds up long enough for him to look deep...

Just as I know Aldon and Justin will attack Rodgers early and often all game long!
Originally posted by 5280High:
Reid is looking solid. He will take his lumps, but it is encouraging that his athleticism and length seem to be translating to the pro level very well. I think it might of been Baldwin but there was one play in the last game that Reid would of decapitated the receiver had he made the catch, but he dropped it... Probably saw Reid coming but to Reid's credit he saw the drop and let up so he didn't get a penalty like Goldson would of

Why does Goldson have this rep that he gets penalized all the time?! I don't remember too many penalties by Goldson, and if they did flag him (like his hit on Aaron Hernandez) it's a BS call. Goldson was a clean, fundamental hitter, imo.

Every now and then he did hit well after the whistle
Thread title needs update because newest Niner is Jon Baldwin
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Thread title needs update because newest Niner is Jon Baldwin

Eric Wright might get upset 'why wasn't the thread updated for me'

LOL, not sure if serious. I liked Goldson as a player but dude was dumb enough to be an honorary Kardashian. You could always depend on him to be the cause of some highly unnecessary and blatantly retarded penalty or personal foul. As talented as he was, he did a lot of stupid stuff out on the field.

You have a poor opinion.
It was not just the hits, he taunted several times and would draw stupid 15 yard penalties at inopportune moments.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LOL, not sure if serious. I liked Goldson as a player but dude was dumb enough to be an honorary Kardashian. You could always depend on him to be the cause of some highly unnecessary and blatantly retarded penalty or personal foul. As talented as he was, he did a lot of stupid stuff out on the field.

I guess I was pertaining more to the way he hits. He was a clean hitter for the most part. But yea I get all the other stuff, but even then no was was complaining until he left!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Fangio says Eric Reid will start Week 1.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Nice, expected, but nice all the same... Good job Reid!!

He earned it.
I like how collinsworth tried to downplay Reids capabilities when Dashon was brought up, this kids easily a starting fs in the league.

Dayum, that saids a lot about the confidence Fangio has in Reid to get the job done. But still, that's a rookie FS playing against Aaron Rodgers and his passing offense. They will go after Reid and Whitner in a big way.