There are 225 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

I think he'll start by week 1. Impressive in preseason so far combined with the fact that Dahl really hasn't shown us anything.
Hope to see some more good play out of this guy this week. Would be nice to see him start week 1.
Looks good.

So far he's shown he's a sound tackler with some speed and isn't afraid to get his nose dirty. However, we haven't seen the Niners challenged deep much, since our front 7 know how to get after it. I'd like to see him get thrown at/ in his area to watch how he defends the pass. So far its him cleaning up, after the fact.
I wanted Vicarro before the draft but I am really glad we got Reid instead. I had to remind myself that if HarBaalke wanted Vic we had the ammunition to move up and grab him.
Is anybody worried about starting Reid week 1? I'm not. He looks solid.
Right on schedule. In a year or two Goldson will be an afterthought. Just need to find him a partner in crime.
Coaches know what they're doing with Reid. He's right where he needs to be. He was crawling, now he's walked for a while and is about ready to run.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I wouldn't say I'm worried, but I know for damn sure Rodgers is going to attack him early and often.
Originally posted by verb1der:

I wouldn't say I'm worried, but I know for damn sure Rodgers is going to attack him early and often.

If his line holds up long enough for him to look deep...
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

True. But it's more these type of plays that I'm afraid of, it'll really test Reid's discipline.

Play action, rollout, BOOM.
I'm just worried that he is spending too much time with Whitner. Don't want him adopting Whitner's coverage skills as well.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we have gotten more out of our rookie class this year in two pre season games than we got from last years rookie class in all of last year
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

True. But it's more these type of plays that I'm afraid of, it'll really test Reid's discipline.

Play action, rollout, BOOM.

Yeah, gonna be a huge test for sure.
Reid is looking solid. He will take his lumps, but it is encouraging that his athleticism and length seem to be translating to the pro level very well. I think it might of been Baldwin but there was one play in the last game that Reid would of decapitated the receiver had he made the catch, but he dropped it... Probably saw Reid coming but to Reid's credit he saw the drop and let up so he didn't get a penalty like Goldson would of
[ Edited by 5280High on Aug 19, 2013 at 8:22 PM ]
I want Reid out there day 1! I don't care if he screws up from time to time. he needs to be out there getting better with each rep. Dahl out there will be a waste of time.