There are 195 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

I am really excited to see Reid against KC. If he gets a pick from the KC starting QB, he who shall not be named, the WZ is gonna be on fire! lol
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I am really excited to see Reid against KC. If he gets a pick from the KC starting QB, he who shall not be named, the WZ is gonna be on fire! lol

How would he ever get an interception? I don't think its his job to cover their running backs.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

How would he ever get an interception? I don't think its his job to cover their running backs.

Originally posted by KegBert:

That's was a good one, Brian. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by KegBert:

That's was a good one, Brian. lol

Reid is starting to remind me of the way Patrick Willis burst onto the scene in 2007. Same kind of maturity, dedication, and knack to pick things up right away and hit the ground running.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Reid is starting to remind me of the way Patrick Willis burst onto the scene in 2007. Same kind of maturity, dedication, and knack to pick things up right away and hit the ground running.

oh sweet baby jesus I hope ur right.

I'm not seeing what others are in Reid. From what I watched he played well, he hits hard, he missed a couple tackles and made some tackles that were already well beyond the LOS. He looked comfortable out there and on whole I would say it was a good performance for a rookie. Given his character, physical abilities and intelligence I think he'll turn into a fine safety, so I'm happy with the pick. But after his one game I'm just not jumping up and down. Lemonaire on the other hand...
[ Edited by USArmyParatrooper on Aug 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM ]

lol, nice
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
I'm not seeing what others are in Reid. From what I watched he played well, he hits hard, he missed a couple tackles and made some tackles that were already well beyond the LOS. He looked comfortable out there and on whole I would say it was a good performance for a rookie. Given his character, physical abilities and intelligence I think he'll turn into a fine safety, so I'm happy with the pick. But after his one game I'm just not jumping up and down. Lemonaire on the other hand...

in his first ever nfl-ish game he didnt look lost and it didnt look like the game was too fast for him. that is extremely important for someone who will be our starting safety this year.

POTW
Didn't make many plays last night. I guess he didn't make many mistakes either.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Niners99:

oh sweet baby jesus I hope ur right.

When I heard him interviewed after the 1st preseason game, I was instantly reminded of Patrick Willis in 2007. Seems to carry himself the same way, and has shown no signs of being overwhelmed. In 07 Willis was practically the defensive leader by week 3. It was shocking how little time he needed to become an above average player.

Imagine what kind of boost he could give us if he lived up to the potential...
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:

But therein is the dilemma. Players like Lemonaire are chasing the quarterback around, our line is tackling the running backs, there really hasn't been much opportunity for our safeties to contribute in a more substantial way.