There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

• JD81
  • Veteran
Can someone pinpoint the big Reid plays from this game and list the times that they happened? (like, 5:00 mins left, third quarter, etc)
He had a solid game last night. No obvious mistakes. That's pretty good for a rookie FS.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
He had a solid game last night. No obvious mistakes. That's pretty good for a rookie FS.

Yup. I was worried about him in coverage. But all reports indicate he is the best saftey we have at tracking the ball deep.

For a rookie to come in an make an impact is a sign of elite talen. Not just pro-bowler, but more.
Originally posted by JD81:
Can someone pinpoint the big Reid plays from this game and list the times that they happened? (like, 5:00 mins left, third quarter, etc)

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013080804/2013/PRE1/broncos@49ers#menu=highlights&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

Can go through the play by play and just hit control f (firefox, not sure about chrome/ie) to do a search and type in Reid. Then hit next and keep hitting it and will show you each time he was involved in a play.

I see a 11:38 in 2nd, 1:23 in 2nd.... 10:02 in 3rd, 7:04 in 3rd, 5:50 and 4:30 in 3rd... nothing in 4th

edit: going back 1st one 11:38 in 2nd is big hit, 1:23 was an assist on a screen... 10:02 he did a nice job was up at the line, filled the hole and had a free shot and tackled the runner at like 4 for no gain... 7:04 made a leg tackle after Stupar missed in flats. 5:50 an assisted tackle and 4:30 a water boy down the field on wr, nice tackle.

When I went back and watched like 4-5 games of his and did my review I mentioned how he rarely missed the tackles but he was lucky because it was college and throwing a shoulder works. Seemed like more times than not he threw a shoulder in the games I watched. Well, in game 1 I think the coaches seen that and have had him improve on that already. You can't be throwing shoulders on this team. Fangio probably got on him day 1 in rookie camp. He still threw a should or two but it was at the right time. He's definitely wrapping up better. And by right time I mean: Shoulder with WR catching it on side line with no arms extended to stiff arm is ok, throwing a shoulder when you are the only tackler around in the middle of the field against a RB... not a good thing.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM ]
1:43 for the first hit.

I thought he looked pretty good, was impressed how he was directing the defense and he managed to put a hat on a couple guys. Definitely something here to build on!
Hell yeah he looked sharp. Good pickup
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
1:43 for the first hit.

Was a nice hit. Good highlights too
I think he proved that he is the best starting safety we have on the roster.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
I didn't think it was that important. But then again it's not.

Did I say it was important? Just as long as he kicks ass, its just an odd lookin number. Unclench the ass cheeks lol
Hip pointer at practice today? Is that true... Saw it on twitter
Looks like according to reports he hurt his lower back and didn't get to practice
Originally posted by jimrat:
Did I say it was important? Just as long as he kicks ass, its just an odd lookin number. Unclench the ass cheeks lol

I never implied you did. Reading comprehension fail
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Iron sharpening iron. I'm hoping Reid gets the start this week. I'd really like to see him against a starting quality offense.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Reid-Improves-vs-Kaepernick-Davis/e873b4da-0bea-40a1-b798-cdd7402753f6