There are 316 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Very encouraging that he's already taking snaps with the first team before the first preseason game.
only slight complaint i had was he probably should have wrapped up better on anderson but he looked pretty good
It was nice seeing him calling out plays and directing his secondary yesterday during pre-snap. Dude is glowing with confidence! So far so good with Reid.
Anyone have clips of the Reid hits or know what time in the game they happened? I was there last night and gotta see the replays!
Originally posted by JD81:
Anyone have clips of the Reid hits or know what time in the game they happened? I was there last night and gotta see the replays!

This

Didn't see the game but heard he hit someone off their feet?

yes, yes you do gotta see them.
he was smackin foos out there last night!!!
he had a couple of nice hits but I wonna see him in coverage on deep balls.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Dude was ballin last night .........wish he would change that #35
Originally posted by jimrat:

what's wrong with 35?
Originally posted by SFrush:

what's wrong with 35?

doesn't seem intimidating...looks like a running back #...a running back that is 3rd string... heck wasn't Dexter Carter #35? dude was small as s**t.

I wish he would go for Goldson's old number... so that there is a chance that some NFC west receivers hesitate just for a sec thinking that's Goldson running at them. That small hesitation might mean alot.
  • dwett
  • Veteran

what's wrong with 35?

You know I agree with jimrat but I can't say why. It just didn't look right. The hits were great but I really liked the fact that while in there he seemed to me to be the one controlling the DB calls. Seems to be not only a talented player but a great student of the game and as he gains on field experience will only get better.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:

what's wrong with 35?

doesn't seem intimidating...looks like a running back #...a running back that is 3rd string... heck wasn't Dexter Carter #35? dude was small as s**t.

I wish he would go for Goldson's old number... so that there is a chance that some NFC west receivers hesitate just for a sec thinking that's Goldson running at them. That small hesitation might mean alot.

That might be it. Can you say #35 and name a great safety? Maybe he will set new trend.
I didn't think it was that important. But then again it's not.