There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by cciowa:
it is nice to see so many people coming on board and are not afraid to start this kid in game one. i know whitten fell out of favor with many fans last year but he is what we have at this point in time.I think he and the kid will start, we got dahl who is a respectable back up and some other guys who will duke it out for the remaining spots. I am also glad the blather to cut whitten and sign over rated woodson has died down as well.

He's not the starter yet...hopefully he can and not turn into a AJ 2.0
you are right. I guess I am setting myself up for some anger if he can not earn the starting spot like I think he should. I will try not to get to caught up in this moving forward . always appreciate good posters who keep me grounded
I came to realize that if you want a player, I see nothing wrong with moving up and getting that player. I watch SEC Football all the time being from the South, I personally think he is a lot better than that safety from Texas. Evidently the Niners do to. Go Niners.....
http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/to-replace-goldson-reid-needs-only-to-be-mediocre/

According to PFF, in 2011, Goldson wasn't as good as his billing. "His overall grade of -8.1 sees him rank 69th out of 87 qualifying safeties (who played 295 snaps or more)," PFF wrote, "seeing him rank alongside such luminaries as Jordan Babineaux of Tennessee, Charlie Peprah of Green Bay, and Matt Giordano of Oakland."
Originally posted by Butter:
This pick was classic Baalke. He 100% zero's in on a "draft crush" and will do whatever it takes to get them.

Anthony Davis
Aldon Smith
AJ Jenkins
Eric Reid

Almost everyone thought they were a reach on draft day. And then later, reports surface that other teams were going to draft them just ahead or directly behind where the Niners picked that player. Spin?...you decide. Does Baalke suffer from pre-mature draftication?...very possible.

LOL @ premature edraftulation.
getting burnt by mediocre rookie TE.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Should we start calling you SanDiegoBoner?

Welcome to the new NFL. Getting a freak TE of size and speed for mismatch over the safeties. Like Whitner being targeted by other teams. Ironically, the Niners accelerated the trend with VD.

Maybe we should find a 6"4 250lbs free safety that runs a 4.4-4.5 in the 40
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Should we start calling you SanDiegoBoner?

not sure. but i do enjoy SD at least once a year.
dude better change is number because I dont remember a safety wearing #35 and being good.
Originally posted by susweel:
dude better change is number because I dont remember a safety wearing #35 and being good.

this. 38 or 41 should work.

Lattimore is 38 lol
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Lattimore is 38 lol

he'll move down to the 20's.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

41 is what I'd like to see him wear or any number in the 40's. The last real dominant Safety to play for the 9ers wore 42.
The uproar around here over him getting burned by McDonald in mini camp is the reason I think they should close all 3 days from the media. There's no benefit in having these guys criticized by fans after trying to learn how to play pro football for the first time. I wasn't a fan of the pick, but I also wasn't a fan of the Aldon pick. I just hope Dhal wont be our starting safety.