There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

If #Cowboys hadn't traded out of No. 18, they likely would've taken S Eric Reid, as Niners did. Felt trade was better value, got a S in rd 3
Originally posted by Amir:
Baalke got us:

Kap (franchise qb)
Aldon (franchise pass rusher)
Bowman (franchise ILB)
Iupati (franchise LG)
Davis (franchise RT)
Hunter (reliable back up rb)
Culliver (good starter)
LaMike (good change of pace back)
Bruce (good fb)

thats 5 franchise players in 3 years. yeah, im gonna trust that dude, especially more than anyone on this board. He won't hit on everyone, no one can. He has a really good track record and until he misses more than he hits, ill be okay with his picks.

OK So yes these players are good... but I am still a little miffed by Iupati blowing the biggest block of his carreer in the Super Bowl. A decent player but giving up a free shot to Kaepernick on the biggest offensive play for a critical touchdown is starting to make him over rated... unless he shows better consistency.
Originally posted by McSlayer:
Baalke got us:

Kap (franchise qb)
Bowman (franchise ILB)
Iupati (franchise LG)
Davis (franchise RT)
Culliver (good starter)
Bruce (good fb)

thats 5 franchise players in 3 years. yeah, im gonna trust that dude, especially more than anyone on this board. He won't hit on everyone, no one can. He has a really good track record and until he misses more than he hits, ill be okay with his picks.

OK So yes these players are good... but I am still a little miffed by Iupati blowing the biggest block of his carreer in the Super Bowl. A decent player but giving up a free shot to Kaepernick on the biggest offensive play for a critical touchdown is starting to make him over rated... unless he shows better consistency.

Baalke got us:

Kap (franchise qb)
Bowman (franchise ILB)
Iupati (franchise LG)
Davis (franchise RT)
Culliver (good starter)
Bruce (good fb)

Every player must be perfect at all times.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

If #Cowboys hadn't traded out of No. 18, they likely would've taken S Eric Reid, as Niners did. Felt trade was better value, got a S in rd 3

I wonder if they would have traded the pick if they knew we were taking Eric Reid at 18. I thought I read somewhere that Dallas traded back assuming he'd be there around 31 because several of the mocks had it playing out that way.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Baalke got us:

Kap (franchise qb)
Bowman (franchise ILB)
Iupati (franchise LG)
Davis (franchise RT)
Culliver (good starter)
Bruce (good fb)

Every player must be perfect at all times.

The team is going to extend Iupati's contract so deal with it.
Originally posted by olapac:
I wonder if they would have traded the pick if they knew we were taking Eric Reid at 18. I thought I read somewhere that Dallas traded back assuming he'd be there around 31 because several of the mocks had it playing out that way.
I read several articles that said the Giants,Bengals and Rams had Reid targeted at their pick. When the 49ers traded up and selected Reid the Rams decided to trade their pick to the Falcons. The Rams who were desperate for a safety eventually chose TJ McDonald. Reid is head and shoulders better then McDonald.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Originally posted by olapac:
I read several articles that said the Giants,Bengals and Rams had Reid targeted at their pick. When the 49ers traded up and selected Reid the Rams decided to trade their pick to the Falcons. The Rams who were desperate for a safety eventually chose TJ McDonald. Reid is head and shoulders better then McDonald.

That's what makes this so funny to me - if the Cowboys thought that Reid would be available at 31 and that's why they traded down, and they didn't read the tea-leaves that not only did we want him, but that Giants, Bengals and Rams possibly wanted him as well, then it's no wonder they are struggling these days. Their "GM" is losing touch with reality.
He is better coming out of college than Goldson, is a better athlete and is a much more intelligent person. I like the pick, I think he will be better than Goldson.
Originally posted by pitseleh:
Baalke got us:

Kap (franchise qb)
Bowman (franchise ILB)
Iupati (franchise LG)
Davis (franchise RT)
Culliver (good starter)
Bruce (good fb)

once again it shouldnt even gotten to that point with the disgusting 1st half we played and we shouldnt have passed 4 straight times and shouldve ran what got us there the damn option
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Fans think we over drafted this KID I'm sure he will prove us wrong LOVE his character going to be a STAR imo
  • mod
  • Veteran
Baalke got us:

Kap (franchise qb)
Bowman (franchise ILB)
Iupati (franchise LG)
Davis (franchise RT)
Culliver (good starter)
Bruce (good fb)

lol wow,

welcome to the webzone
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He is better coming out of college than Goldson, is a better athlete and is a much more intelligent person. I like the pick, I think he will be better than Goldson.

I've been looking more into him. Wasn't sold on him at first.

He's looking a little better but i'm just afraid he will get burned deep.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I've been looking more into him. Wasn't sold on him at first.

He's looking a little better but i'm just afraid he will get burned deep.

Safe to say he will be far from what Goldson was to our secondary in his rookie year. Reid will make his share of mistakes. But I do believe he will learn quick and become a play maker.
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Impossible. I've been told by many reliable armchair GM's that Reid was a reach, despite sufficient evidence to the contrary.

Final Grade: F-