There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

• JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
33 doesn't look good on a Safety IMO.....and 31 reminds me of Zach Bronzon...loved what he brought to the team....but I say f'it and give Reid #38

hopefully just barely seeing that number as they run their routes will still cause flashbacks for our fellow NFC West WRs. Just enough for them to lose concentration for a sec to drop pass here and there.

Bronson. And Donte Whitner wears 31.
This is a great pick. And, other than Vaccaro, I believe Reid was the only highly-rated safety in the draft who actually played free safety as opposed to strong. I was hoping they'd pick this guy because of that and of course, he's a freakish athlete with real good size. This player can start at free safety in year one.
This guy won't be like Taylor Mays because....

Originally posted by SolRebe1:
This guy won't be like Taylor Mays because....

Because he can actually move his hips and has experience playing cornerback.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Give Reid 41, now that's a Safeties number!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Nevermind one of the greatest Safeties wore 42.
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by tohara3:
I'm guessing 31

Whitner.

Was hoping he would get cut. Haha
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
ZOMG! Did they finally fix the sleeve stripes and move them higher for all players for the full stripe effect?!

i like his suit, esp the tie
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
ZOMG! Did they finally fix the sleeve stripes and move them higher for all players for the full stripe effect?!

i like his suit, esp the tie

It's a sexy color for sure.
  • CRUD
Hits hard, I'd fear going down the middle to take a lick from him I'm just not sure if he can hit the NFL running in full stride.
Excellent pick by the 49ers. I much would've rather kept Dashon Goldson, but if the plan was to draft Eric Reid, then there isn't a huge drop in athletic ability while still having better cap flexibility due to a rookie contract versus a the big payday Goldson got from the Bucs. Reid is a blue chip player who will be able to do most of the things Goldson did and has the talent to contribute right away.

We're talking about a guy who physically is a beast, has great instincts, and can lay some big hits while being able to physically match up against TEs. The guy is a playmaker who was worth trading up for. The only thing that worries me is he isn't great at coverage, so him and Whitner might have issues helping the CBs.

awesome photo
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

awesome photo

who's the babymomma?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home