There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by cciowa:
god you people do not know if he would have been there when it came our time. we had the need, we had the picks, this regime has a track record for trading up. good lord

Even if he wasn't there Cyprien, DJ Swearinger, and Matt Elam were. Reid is great. Maybe he goes 21 to the Bengals if we don't move up maybe he doesn't. Who knows? But we could have had a great safety at 31 no matter what. Clearly Harbs and Trent think Reid is a cut above the others.

absolutely...
Originally posted by Kolohe:
LOL.

Comparing Reid to Mays is absurd, Reid is much more fluid and has much better range.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
will he wear #1?

He'll wear #33

BOOK IT
I'm guessing 31
Originally posted by Youngb:

Beast!

Do people comprehend what a phenomenally athletic freak this guy is?

4.53 40, better than most other safeties, combined with a 40.5 inch vertical and a 134 inch broad jump(most by any safety in Combine history). Terrific pickup by the 49ers.
33 doesn't look good on a Safety IMO.....and 31 reminds me of Zach Bronzon...loved what he brought to the team....but I say f'it and give Reid #38

hopefully just barely seeing that number as they run their routes will still cause flashbacks for our fellow NFC West WRs. Just enough for them to lose concentration for a sec to drop pass here and there.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Baalke got us:

Kap (franchise qb)
Aldon (franchise pass rusher)
Bowman (franchise ILB)
Iupati (franchise LG)
Davis (franchise RT)
Hunter (reliable back up rb)
Culliver (good starter)
LaMike (good change of pace back)
Bruce (good fb)

thats 5 franchise players in 3 years. yeah, im gonna trust that dude, especially more than anyone on this board. He won't hit on everyone, no one can. He has a really good track record and until he misses more than he hits, ill be okay with his picks.
[ Edited by Amir on Apr 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM ]
  • Amir
  • Veteran
oh and Alex Boone did a damn good job for a undrafted guy even though some felt we were in trouble at RG and HAD to take David DeCastro. Just sayin.
Originally posted by Amir:
oh and Alex Boone did a damn good job for a undrafted guy even though some felt we were in trouble at RG and HAD to take David DeCastro. Just sayin.

would rather have DeCastro then Jenkins
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

would rather have DeCastro then Jenkins

they both produced the same amount last year.
LOL.

Comparing Reid to Mays is absurd, Reid is much more fluid and has much better range.

You're responding to a Seahawks troll, I hope you realize this.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Do people comprehend what a phenomenally athletic freak this guy is?

4.53 40, better than most other safeties, combined with a 40.5 inch vertical and a 134 inch broad jump(most by any safety in Combine history). Terrific pickup by the 49ers.

I like the numbers but when when i watch some videos he seems to get burned deep a lot and seems out of place.

I'm no draft guy, so are those things that are worked out? Also, he only had 6 career ints, is that a concern?
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Apr 27, 2013 at 12:20 AM ]
ZOMG! Did they finally fix the sleeve stripes and move them higher for all players for the full stripe effect?!

they both produced the same amount last year.

DeCastro has more upside in the redzone...height kills on those high passes!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LOL.

You're responding to a Seahawks troll, I hope you realize this.

I'm just glad they're so welcomed and comfortable here.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
I'm guessing 31

Whitner.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home