There are 248 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Understood. Not criticizing anyone in particular, just pointing out that we should all be cautious in critiquing each other. If CK turned out to be a total bust it would have made my opinion look ridiculous...just as my positive opinion of Coffee does. And I have to admit being a fan of many former niners who are no longer in the NFL...and were too young to retire! And Derek Smith was one of my favorite niners for a while...soooo...

LMAO! I love you, man! And point well taken...gotcha.
GO NINERS! Haven't been thrilled with the idea of starting a rookie FS but at least we got the best safety available. The Packers, Falcons, and Taints are going to test this kid big time right out of the gates so I hope he's ready to elevate his game. He comes off as a very smart guy and claims to be a cerebral player so I feel good about him developing fairly quick. He's going to have to because this team is playing for a championship!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Maybe bad news on Team Carradine. According to USA Today, some people in the NFL say that his knee at the combine re-check does not look very good. Similar to what they saw on D. Bowers. I can see the team passing on him because of the medicals, especially if they want an immediate impact player.

Medicals are always the wildcard for any evaluator, especially ACL injuries. Only teams have access to these, so it does skew how teams view certain players.

If true, this will definitely "tank" his draft stock.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I don't think anyone is saying that a player will be good simply because Baalke drafted him. Everyone understands that the draft is an inexact science. I think that people are saying that they "trust" Baalke, because the players that he drafts are more likely to be good than others are.

Agreed. I don't see many people doing anything more than displaying optimism. Just speaking for myself, I really have no clue how good Reid is going to be but I'm optimistic he will be a great fit for us because I trust our decision makers and talent evaluators. That doesn't mean I am blinded by bias, I liked the idea of picking Reid at 31 well before the draft based on the little I had read about potential safeties. It's not like we jumped up to take a third-round C.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

#49ers fans: I compared Eric Reid to Eric Weddle before the Combine.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1507096-eric-reid-nfl-draft-2013-pro-player-comparisons

lol bleacher report lol
Originally posted by NinerG94:
GO NINERS! Haven't been thrilled with the idea of starting a rookie FS but at least we got the best safety available. The Packers, Falcons, and Taints are going to test this kid big time right out of the gates so I hope he's ready to elevate his game. He comes off as a very smart guy and claims to be a cerebral player so I feel good about him developing fairly quick. He's going to have to because this team is playing for a championship!

Doubt he will start
  • GORO
  • Veteran
49ers are aiming for winning that Lombardi trophy this year and only had one weakness, so they traded up and addressed it and can take BPA with any picks they do keep.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Surprised someone hasn't already uploaded a Frank the Tank pic by this point.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Not sure about the trade, but had a feeling Vacarro or Reid would be a niner. Surprised Floyd fell so far, but all in all no matter how you feel about this pick... Thank god Dahl isn't starting!!!!

I hear that notion, thank goodness for that, lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1507096-eric-reid-nfl-draft-2013-pro-player-comparisons

lol, they're not even the same color lolololol
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Surprised someone hasn't already uploaded a Frank the Tank pic by this point.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

both named eric though
Originally posted by stunder49:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

both named eric though

I was a bit disappointed at first but with thinking about I think this was the safest pick Baalke could make.

He's got a great character, I heard in the chick fil a bowl that every year he writes his goals down for what he wants to achieve at the and of the year and he hasn't missed yet.

Guaranteed to be a starter for the next few years, most of the rest taken after him have a great possibility of being a bust whereas with Reid barr injury this guy will make it in the NFL.
Facts about Reid:

21 years old
6'1", 213lbs
4.5 40 yard dash time
40 inch vertical!!!
12 foot broad jump (for what it's worth)
Wore #1 at LSU

Tremendous athlete
Fluid movements
Good quickness
Plays mean and physical
Big school pedigree

My opinions:

I love this pick. He's a better athlete than Dashon and because of his size, he'll be a great security blanket against guys like Julio Jones and Larry Fitzgerald. With proper coaching, he will be a fixture in the secondary for multiple seasons. Well done Baalke!