There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by NinerSquire:
Exactly, you can cut that tension with a knife between those 3 bums. look around 1:20 I swear to god Jerry is giving a secret Flip off/f*ck you to the reporter. LOL

Hahaha! Oh man was that such an awkward moment. Body language was truly telling.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by KegBert:
So I'd pretty much say we burned the Cowboys by only giving up a third. Found this little story on a cowboys site LOL.

"The Fan reporting that the Cowboys had a different trade-down in place that offered much better value than SF. The other team pulled out and apparently Jerry panicked. Garrett wanted to stand firm and take BPA, but Jerry made the SF trade, which offered poor value, especially compared to the initial trade agreement. Garret and Ciscowski were pissed. Jerry and Stephen left the room."

Heard about this. This has to bump up his grade at least a little. Anything that causes the pukes grief is just gravy in my book

Link ?
http://www.cowboys-forum.com/showthread.php?34133-The-Fan-reporting-Jerry-panicked

Might be a fake story, but still funny that Cowboy fans believe it.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/04/cowboys-execs-appear-glum-after-trade-down-in-first-round.html/

Like squire said this may just be speculation. But if you google cowboys upset with trade down you get a few hits.
Originally posted by thl408:
What would it have taken to trade with the Jets at #13 to get Vaccaro? Unless Baalke had Reid rated higher than Vaccaro, which would be great.

" Reid was the top safety on the 49ers' board, but he was the second safety drafted Thursday, following Texas product Kenny Vaccaro, who went three spots earlier to the New Orleans Saints."

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_23110266/49ers-trade-up-grab-lsu-safety-reid
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by thl408:
What would it have taken to trade with the Jets at #13 to get Vaccaro? Unless Baalke had Reid rated higher than Vaccaro, which would be great.

" Reid was the top safety on the 49ers' board, but he was the second safety drafted Thursday, following Texas product Kenny Vaccaro, who went three spots earlier to the New Orleans Saints."

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_23110266/49ers-trade-up-grab-lsu-safety-reid

thats awesome if its true. getting the top guy they wanted means he has exactly what they want in a safety, no excuses.
E. Reid

hopefully he wears #20 lol

every time Harbaalke has traded up its been success. i expect no different from this pick
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Still forming my opinion, will have to watch a bunch of tape but when I watched him before the draft I thought solid starter who might be the most pro ready. Maybe not a super star or a guy with a ton of potential but he can come in and produce off the bat. If his floor is solid starter I am good with that. I'm usually a fan of guys who produce anyways... seems like all the bottom dwellers stay on the bottom by getting those raw players who they often miss on. Teams like the Pats seem to go for the guys who produce and are just good football players which helps them stay at the top.

what I've been reading is a lot of talent evaluators believe he has the highest ceiling of the safeties this year. I love the pick myself, surprised the hell out of me but he fits this team's attitude and Harbaalke love the guy!
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Good and bad...both. So, maybe I shouldn't have used the word highlights. But, I see a lot of good in those clips, and of course he was just a sophomore - so mistakes were made.

I didn't realize that was sophmore season.

Yea, it's 2011 season. It's the year when Alabama played LSU for the Championship.
I thought he was better in 2011 than this past year?
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
His junior year showed a lot of improvement from sophomore year. I really like this pic, sounds like Harbaalke was high on him and fills a big need. NO MORE CHARLES WOODSON TALK

why not? I wouldn't mind still getting Woodson...and letting the kid compete..but more so hoping Woodson starts. Let the kid get plays in passing situations with Woodson playing the slot or a TE.

then hopefully by next year, Reid can start. This is suppose to be our SuperBowl season again. Playoff QBs and offenses will exploit a rookie S that already had pass coverage issues.
I think he is going to plug in and fill an immediate hole. I see a lot of upside for him, his problems seem like they can be fixed with good coaching. I think that on this defense there is no way he does not make the pro-bowl within his first two years in the league.

I also believe that the reason everyone is calling this a reach is because none of the other top rated safeties were picked soon after Mr. Reid. From what I understood there was reason to believe that once the first safety came off the board there would be a couple of them going soon after. If Harbaugh and Baalke believed this they probably said they would go up as high as 13-14 to grab a safety depending on where they would start coming off the board. They waited as long as they believed they could and then jumped up to grab "their" guy. Of course we will never know if they rated Vaccarro higher because he was gone. Eric Reid is at worst their #2 rated safety. Though it is intriguing that Harbaugh tried to recruit him coming out of high school. Maybe this really was their guy.

I'll trust in the resume that Baalke and Harbaugh put together these past two seasons.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Its official....dude's gonna be a star, you see that kid, she's super cute......if he was going to bust, she'd be hella ugly and would have never been brought up there in the first place. :P

She's adorable. Should be in modeling.

Thanks for sharing the pics, stoney.

Idaho, I think I remember that now but can't remember who? Trent Richardson for some reason pops into my head? That might have been after meeting Goodell. Point was though it's rarely ever happens. I thought it was neat.

Yea, i think it was richardson. As a father of three daughters, i thought it was a nice moment as well.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
So I'd pretty much say we burned the Cowboys by only giving up a third. Found this little story on a cowboys site LOL.

"The Fan reporting that the Cowboys had a different trade-down in place that offered much better value than SF. The other team pulled out and apparently Jerry panicked. Garrett wanted to stand firm and take BPA, but Jerry made the SF trade, which offered poor value, especially compared to the initial trade agreement. Garret and Ciscowski were pissed. Jerry and Stephen left the room."

LMAO!! Someone please find a video or gif of that cowboys war room! Some poster here said they looked confused LOL!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Yt8M8cCqoYw

Here is a great cut up of Eric Reid
Great thread of freaking out cowboy fans:

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/14691-cowboys-trade-pick-to-49ers/

Well thought out post of why they are cowpuking everywhere:

Someone give J.J. a point draft trade value chart; Pick 18 is valued at 900 points; Pick #31 is valued at 600 points. That's a 300 point difference. SF's (2nd round) pick #61 is valued at 292 points. That's a fairly even trade (SF can throw in a 7th for the balance). What we got was the 74th pick which has a value of 220 points. So we came up 80 points behind. What pick has an 80 point value? Pick # 107 (4th round 10th pick)= 80 points. J.J. just gave away the equivalent of an early 4th round pick. Let's see who is available in the 4th round, that we're not going to get.
REEEEEEEEID!!!!

Love the pick! Don't care much for the spot. We got our guy
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

LOL thats one of the greatest gifs i have ever seen.