There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

No one's perfect. His ceiling may be a serviceable starter. Not every 1st round pick can be future all pros.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

2011 Season highlights.

Wait those are Reid's highlights?

Good and bad...both. So, maybe I shouldn't have used the word highlights. But, I see a lot of good in those clips, and of course he was just a sophomore - so mistakes were made.
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
Man I just watched the post draft interviews with jerry and the Cowpukes and WOW do they look depressed. A reporter even asked why they got such low compensation for the trade and they basically whispered an answer, then Jerry seems to kind of flip the guy off for asking and hands it to his puppy dog Garrett LOL this is hillarious! http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/

Jerry freaked out and panicked in the war room. Ha Ha! Baalke is a bully. I love it!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

No its a compilation of plays. He gets burned a lot and takes bad angles. Got saved by some drops and over throws
Mostly what was most concerning to me was the poor tackling and that he seemed to guess on plays, and often times (in that video anyways) guess wrong. That shows a lack of instincts and discipline.

Gotta trust our scouting on this one.

Yeah. There were WRs running right by him with some moves and he couldn't recover. The QBs were over shooting the throws though..

2011 Season highlights.

Good and bad...both. So, maybe I shouldn't have used the word highlights. But, I see a lot of good in those clips, and of course he was just a sophomore - so mistakes were made.
So that would make it the 2010 season then.
Disclaimer: My initial reaction to the pick was not positive.

But heck, you have to hand it to the 49ers. You can bet they were pretty sure the Bengals were going to take their guy. My close friend I watched the draft with is a Bengals die-hard, and both he and all his message boards suggested as much. The Eifert pick seems to confirm it (crap, our guy is gone, we'll take a BPA luxury pick TE instead).

I hope Reid pans out. He's got a ton of potential.

I didn't realize that was sophmore season.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
Man I just watched the post draft interviews with jerry and the Cowpukes and WOW do they look depressed. A reporter even asked why they got such low compensation for the trade and they basically whispered an answer, then Jerry seems to kind of flip the guy off for asking and hands it to his puppy dog Garrett LOL this is hillarious! http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/

Omg I just watched like 15 seconds and started laughing like crazy and had to post. Jerry knows he f**ked up with all his uhs and umms on top of that he's looking all over the place.

Exactly, you can cut that tension with a knife between those 3 bums. look around 1:20 I swear to god Jerry is giving a secret Flip off/f*ck you to the reporter. LOL
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I didn't realize that was sophmore season.

Yea, it's 2011 season. It's the year when Alabama played LSU for the Championship.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
after watching some of his play it looks like this guy is a smacker like Goldson

understatement, one of the biggest knocks against him is that he's too over-aggressive, too often goes for the massive hit instead of wrapping up....

He will blitz and kill Willow

too bad I don't think too many Webzoner nowadays know who Willow was...lol.

I made the wife watch it and she loved the brownies....maybe when Willow goes under center we can all chant peck at him
Ha...peck. Madmartigan...Val Kilmer was on a nice little roll back then.

The pig scene is pretty disturbing! Lol.
His junior year showed a lot of improvement from sophomore year. I really like this pic, sounds like Harbaalke was high on him and fills a big need. NO MORE CHARLES WOODSON TALK
That Cowboys presser is insanely awkward. Had to turn it off.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
No one's perfect. His ceiling may be a serviceable starter. Not every 1st round pick can be future all pros.

Still forming my opinion, will have to watch a bunch of tape but when I watched him before the draft I thought solid starter who might be the most pro ready. Maybe not a super star or a guy with a ton of potential but he can come in and produce off the bat. If his floor is solid starter I am good with that. I'm usually a fan of guys who produce anyways... seems like all the bottom dwellers stay on the bottom by getting those raw players who they often miss on. Teams like the Pats seem to go for the guys who produce and are just good football players which helps them stay at the top.
What would it have taken to trade with the Jets at #13 to get Vaccaro? Unless Baalke had Reid rated higher than Vaccaro, which would be great.
  • cools
  • Veteran
First time ive got the pick right since Vern, welcome E.Reid !!!