There are 234 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

I do approve! Played in the SEC, is big, plays fast, wraps up tackles, can cover tight ends, rangy, and actually plays the ball!
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I've been watching the draft since 1997 and this is the first time the 9ers took a player that I wanted.

holy s**t, good for you man. I know it does not happen often, Kaep was the only pick I can think of in the last decade that happened for me

If we are talking first rounders, i have had uite a few guys i really liked drafter in recent years. Davis, Willis, Iupati, Crabtree(even though after i was a huge critic).
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Those shoes are f**king hideous. Must be legit.

LMAO
true, those shoes don't match his suit and look too worn down.
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
I do approve! Played in the SEC, is big, plays fast, wraps up tackles, can cover tight ends, rangy, and actually plays the ball!

Besides his physicality this is what stuck out to me the most from the highlights I have seen. He is very aggressive at going for the ball. Even when he isn't going for an interception he is tackling through the receiver and going after the ball to knock it away.

Also saw a clip where he jumped a route against Texas AM, stepped in front of Swope and picked off the ball with his hands, away from the body. Great to see those kinds of ball skills in what should be our starting FS.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
You do realize the NFL is forced to pick an entire all pro squad each season right?

There are two kinds of people in this world, those that pay attention to awards, and those that don't.

I don't know about you, but nowhere did I see an All Pro safety play in the Niners last 5 games, oh I am sorry I forgot, I did see Ed Reed play. The only thing Reed and Goldson will ever have in common is that award.

Regular Show is eggcellent. Yes, I am a grown man who watches it.
So I'd pretty much say we burned the Cowboys by only giving up a third. Found this little story on a cowboys site LOL.

"The Fan reporting that the Cowboys had a different trade-down in place that offered much better value than SF. The other team pulled out and apparently Jerry panicked. Garrett wanted to stand firm and take BPA, but Jerry made the SF trade, which offered poor value, especially compared to the initial trade agreement. Garret and Ciscowski were pissed. Jerry and Stephen left the room."
[ Edited by NinerSquire on Apr 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM ]
I've been watching the draft since 1997 and this is the first time the 9ers took a player that I wanted.

You wanted Druckenmiller?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Welcome back Dashon, I look forward to your average play, once in a awhile whoo hit and just as often burned as the last possible tackler before giving up 6

Good that means we are welcoming back a Pro Bowl and NFL First Team All-Pro safety

You do realize the NFL is forced to pick an entire all pro squad each season right?

There are two kinds of people in this world, those that pay attention to awards, and those that don't.

I don't know about you, but nowhere did I see an All Pro safety play in the Niners last 5 games, oh I am sorry I forgot, I did see Ed Reed play. The only thing Reed and Goldson will ever have in common is that award.

So we can rely on your years of professional football analysis regarding this pick, or we can choose to rely on the 49ers brain trust...hmmmmmmm, tough choice. Seriously though, overreaction either way is to be expected, but it's probably wiser to let the kid play first before putting a label on him. Just an idea.

I don't recall ever asking anyone to rely on my analysis. Just stating and defending my opinion. That is still allowed right?

As for waiting for him to play...I am a speculator by nature, and frankly I don't have too much respect for people that are only able to restate the obvious. Anyone can come on this forum and post about how good or bad he played after the game

Welcome Reid...prove me wrong....many have before

You can do whatever you want, almighty one.

They almost always picked the players I wanted bad:

Vernon Davis
Manny Lawson (yea I liked him)
Patrick Willis
Mike Iupati
Colin Kaepernick
Eric Reid

Wanted them to draft Desean Jackson, Aaron Rodgers like everyone else. I also really liked Rashad Jones, the safety from Georgia but we passed on him too. Wanted Jahvid Best too, good thing they didnt listen to me on that one.
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
So I'd pretty much say we burned the Cowboys by only giving up a third. Found this little story on a cowboys site LOL.

"The Fan reporting that the Cowboys had a different trade-down in place that offered much better value than SF. The other team pulled out and apparently Jerry panicked. Garrett wanted to stand firm and take BPA, but Jerry made the SF trade, which offered poor value, especially compared to the initial trade agreement. Garret and Ciscowski were pissed. Jerry and Stephen left the room."

Heard about this. This has to bump up his grade at least a little. Anything that causes the pukes grief is just gravy in my book
Originally posted by NinerSquire:

LMAO!! Someone please find a video or gif of that cowboys war room! Some poster here said they looked confused LOL!!
I'm sold.
Didn't the center they took have like a 3rd round grade by mayock lol
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
after watching some of his play it looks like this guy is a smacker like Goldson

understatement, one of the biggest knocks against him is that he's too over-aggressive, too often goes for the massive hit instead of wrapping up....

He will blitz and kill Willow

too bad I don't think too many Webzoner nowadays know who Willow was...lol.

I made the wife watch it and she loved the brownies....maybe when Willow goes under center we can all chant peck at him
Ha...peck. Madmartigan...Val Kilmer was on a nice little roll back then.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Didn't the center they took have like a 3rd round grade by mayock lol

Yup. Check out the Cowboys board, they're losing their s**t lol.